Animals smarter than people

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So from what the teacher tought me, the dolphin is considered the smartest animal on earth cuz of it's 6th sense.But don't humans have it like in the form of premonitions?

Also for those of you who are gonna say humans are the most stupid cuz they destroy mother nature/earth, wouldn't all beings do that at certain point if they have the power? After all we learn everything by mystakes.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
6th sense =/= Smarter

I'll worry about our superiority as a species when they start building underwater cities.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your teacher might have (mentally) excluded humans from the animal kingdom, as most people tend to do when speaking in general terms.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Douglas Adams said:
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much.. the wheel, New York, wars and so on.. whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man, for precisely the same reasons.
Oh hitchhikers guide is there anything you can't be applied to?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't understand how any logical person can argue that dolphins are smarter than people. It's an absurd notion.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't understand how any logical person can argue that dolphins are smarter than people. It's an absurd notion.
I think the general argument goes that they don't shoot each other over drawings.

see my post above for more details :smile:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is your teacher a hippie o_O?

Smarter - no. More aware of the surroundings - probably.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is something of an exercise in ignorance. There isn't enough information in this thread to formulate an opinion. What is the sixth sense? The sonar?

The bigger question here is how you define "smart." Do you define smart as intelligent? If that is the case, how do you define intelligence? Operational intelligence? I can't imagine it'd be creative intelligence. Problem solving? Is she referring to intelligence in a more abstract, general sense, as in usefulness or having a diverse array of talents?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If dolphins are so smart, why do they keep getting caught in our nets? Ohhhhh!

Man-1
Dolphins-0

Really though, not being able to do something doesn't make you smarter than the person who does. Using that logic, I'm smarter than the greatest minds in the world because I can't do half of the things that they can do.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you trying to suggest that Bruce Willis is a dolphin?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Blind humans are capable of Dare Devil-like feats, too. Take that blind kid who clicked his way to fame, for example.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
So from what the teacher tought me, the dolphin is considered the smartest animal on earth cuz of it's 6th sense.
Ask your teacher if it's possible for a blind man to be more intellegent than a tarot card reader.

>_>

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Until we decipher the dolphins' clicking language and determine they're discussing politics amongst themselves, and not about how great that school of fish they just devoured tasted, I'll be skeptical.

Now, true, in our primitive days, our own goals were very animalistic in terms of coordinating a small social group to hunt and take care of each other.

Either way, no matter how smart dolphins may be, we always trump them due to the little things that make all the difference: hands with apposable thumbs. Dolphins can scarcely manipulate their surroundings as well as a dog.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
tbh, im all for dolphins being smarter. makes it that much easier when we steal their ideas and make them our own.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is something of an exercise in ignorance. There isn't enough information in this thread to formulate an opinion. What is the sixth sense? The sonar?

The bigger question here is how you define "smart." Do you define smart as intelligent? If that is the case, how do you define intelligence? Operational intelligence? I can't imagine it'd be creative intelligence. Problem solving? Is she referring to intelligence in a more abstract, general sense, as in usefulness or having a diverse array of talents?
Aparently they understand our language but can't speak it thats the 6th sense she's talking about.I don't think she's a hippie, haven't seen one in my life in Romania.

But then again how would we know they understand what we say ? Thats like training a dog to shake hands.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But what if the dolphins are only pretending that they cant speak out of pity for our stupidity.

Ai humans are in fact dumb. But screw ecology we are dumb because we argue about whos smarter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom