Angle/turbo Training

Discord Member
Best answers
Would anyone be willing to give me some advice or maybe a training session on angling ? i feel that angling and fighting with turbo are the two main areas that are holding be back from being "Clan good" I understand the principle of angling ( hitting them on the side so as not to get a head on ) but how do I put that into practice? also do most people who fight with turbo bind it with power up because I find it difficult to handle the extra key press when powering up in very short bursts.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
have you tried putting your mouse speed up at all ? That is one thing that will make it easier for you to angle hit.

Discord Member
Best answers
my mouse sensitivity is currently at 18
but with angleing, is it a quick "curl" at the end of a dash to hit the side? or do you dash sidways at the last min?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
People have different methods.

One way is to arc your approach so you are always coming in at an angle.
The other is to swoop straight, and veer off and back again very quickly.
Some people can even swoop in front of you and quickly teleport behind you for a hit as well.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I used to use the arcing method but people have become wise to the anglehitting method and tend to steer their blocks, I prefer the quick curl you mentioned, but you need a high mouse sensitivity (which you have).

Best answers
Using the arc or sometimes even getting your opponent to move the way you want them are a few techniques..18 isn't bad...my sens is 40 so i tend to move a bit more. You get your own groove...not really someone can teach you after awhile

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well My mouse speed (at net cafe) is ually at 58.9 , but depending on how good response i get from the differ comps i sometiems opt to put it up more. I can still manage to hit someone with basic melee then change the direction they are sent flyying out of control in.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My advice is to play 1.1 for awhile. You'll have no choice but to learn how to use side hits. They were essential back then.

nge

Best answers
If you have a mouse with extra buttions, bind one of them to +powerup and one of them to +turbo, it makes both turbo mode and going back into it after rechargeing a breeze.

Side hits are something you've got to work on at your own pace, but it's worth learning. The most important thing you can do in clan-play though is reading your enemy. If you can predict them effectivly, you can stay a step ahead of them without even tapping into the whole "reaction time" issue. Combined with fast reflexes, it can really screw someone over.

Guys, saying your mouse sensitivity is kind've pointless. Not to be rude or anything, but most people play with a different mouse speed in windows, and with or without mouse acceleration. Your sensitivity of 5 might be someone elses 148. The only way I can even think of to help someone with mouse sensitivity is to say something like, how many degrees you turn in game per inch/default mousepad size or something. Just a thought.

Best answers
lol... spend a day practicing hitting power up and turbo.. i also have turbo binded to shift and power up on the space bar.. i hit the space bar with my thumb and my last finger on shift... now its just habit to hit them both almost simotaneoulsy..

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My turbo is binded to musewheel down. So its easy to punch it in just be4 i start swooping and disable it right after the swoop. Saves ki XD but you have to be precise at turning that thing :S

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom