Angle Hits

Best answers
Hey folks. Question:

what does an angle hit do? Why is it superior to a regular basic melee attack?

And while we're on the subject, how do people manage to do these? I see people who can teleport about 4 times in different directions, and then slam into me when I have no idea what's going on. HOW do these people know where they are after that? I can't follow my targets after more than one or two teleports, especially if they're moving...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, that angle hit is a spin that u do like 180 degree spin and directly hit with basic melee, to do this u should put to console cam_idealdist 300, it makes it much easier to do.
and that teleport thing, i first was also like "wtf" then i just learned it myself somehow :D
hint: if u cant follow the target when he is teleing, tele back 1-2 times.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Anglehit is exacly what it says it is.

A hit from an angle. Instead of hitting you directly wich would result in a headon. they move to your side and hit you from enough of an angle to avoid getting hit by you but still hitting you.

Nothing to special. Just harder to master than the advanced melee comboes and a lot more usefull.

As for how. Its basicly simple. Instead of flying directly at the target you fly directly past the target. Than at the right moment just make a turn and hit them on the side.

And the teleport thing comes with experience. As soon as you find out exacly how far you teleport with one teleport you also know where youll land once you teleport. Than just move by radar or by imagination depending on where your oponents position was when you started.

Meh beaten.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Angle hits allow you to quickly dodge the enemy's melee hit (your melee hit) and then hit with your own.

Basically what they do, is they swoop at you, then turn to the side away from you, then swing back into you, hitting you from an angle. That way, they avoid the area that allows you to hit them.

It's amazing what people come up with eventually, lol.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
grega u forgot 1 thing, basic melee is also 40% more lethal than adv.melee :p

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
Angle hits allow you to quickly dodge the enemy's melee hit (your melee hit) and then hit with your own.

Basically what they do, is they swoop at you, then turn to the side away from you, then swing back into you, hitting you from an angle. That way, they avoid the area that allows you to hit them.

It's amazing what people come up with eventually, lol.
Meh people are using that since 1.0 >.>

@legendary.

I never said it wasnt. I just made an example.

Best answers
What's the point in advanced melee? It never seems ot be as effective as basic.

One last question: Why is it that a lot of times my keys don't work? My keyboard works fine for most games, but sometimes I'll hit G, for example, and it wont teleport...or I'll teleport right next to someone, get a good angle, double tap W...and nothing happens. Is it my keyboard? I am thinking no because it works fine for other games, but ESF is also a lot more fast-paced, and may be more noticible here. WHat do yall think?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LAG has its issues.

Also if you press the keys to fast they wont work.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well if u have windows xp, disable that key stroke assistant, when i tried to press like 3 buttons at time there comes a "beep" sound, but if u disable it, its possible.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
control panel>(the pic with a green rollator)>keyboard>the first one at the menu, press settings, disable all of them, and check only the: remove from use, if (idk what it is in english) 2 buttons are pressed at same time

Best answers
I'm doubting this is just lag. It doesn't happen to anyone else...Only I, from what I've seen ,seem to stop immediatly because the swoop did not activate. What the hell?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well then, u should try to go to ur own server and test if its because of lag.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Teleport delay time. Works for swoop to ^^

Thats the pressing buttons to fast thing i ment. Just relax. It happens some times to me to. But it happens mostly to those people who can swoop as fast without scripts as with them. Since they press the buttons so fast they get caught up in a delay time a lot. Than you hear them go. "OMG My buttons blocked"

Best answers
Nice! That explains why it happens more when I teleport right next to an enemy to attack them...because my fingers are hitting the keys so fast while I scream in my head ZOMG GOGOOGOGGOOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO

A couple other questions:

1) On rare occasions, I've been able to come out of a teleport and swoop immediatly. What is this?

2) Does this mean the godlike people on the server (the type that just owns everyone on 9 different levels), who can always immediatly swoop after teleport, are using scripts?\

Thank ya all, especially Grega.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its nothing, u just need to press fast the keyboard, but it will do that "lockdown" thing sometimes :)

2)yeah, alots of ppl are like that, as u said: scripters, but dont bother with it, they dont have skills at all nor cant play without em, its considered as "hacking" or cheating..

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Correction. Swoop right after teleport is called teleswoop. It is very well possible to do it all the time without scripts. But it requires some practice.

http://www.esf-world.com/index.php?c=flashtut

That tut explains it exacly and with a movie. I think its level 2 but im not sure, so if you want to know more about it go through that tutoreal. Since im only goina say it roughly.

Basicly swoop has a small time befor it actualy begins. You have to hit teleport in that time. And you will teleport and swoop right after you teleport.

Basicly that time is the time where the program waits for you to hit W a second time to start the swoop. So you just have to time it right.

Best answers
ONE LAST QUESTION.

I can now go toe to toe with a Best level bot without getting my ass toasted...I seem to be on par with them. My one problem is that sometimes we will dash at each other, but for some reason they hit me, but I do not hit him. We should get a Head On at least...but it's like I was sitting there with my thumb up my ass when they hit me.

Thanks.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There is 3 possible reasons for that:
1.) He ussed anglehit on you.
2.) You just started swoop. (you get hit if you are at the begining of the swoop i think the time is 0.1 or 0.2 seconds and thats more than it sounds)
3.) You didnt have enough KI to make a melee hit. (Melee hitrs equire KI if you dont have enough you can still swoop for about 0.1 second befor you stop. During that time you get hit and the oponent doesnt if he uses anglehit or not.)

It was probably one of theese 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom