Andy Whitfield dies of Lymphoma

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Andy Whitfield, who appeared in the Starz period drama "Spartacus: Blood and Sand," has died, the network confirmed.

Whitfield died Sunday of non-Hodgkin Lymphoma in Sydney, Australia. He was 39.

His wife, Vashti Whitfield, issued the following statement: "On a beautiful sunny sydney spring morning, surrounded by his family, in the arms of his loving wife, our beautiful young warrior Andy Whitfield lost his 18 month battle with lymphoma cancer. He passed peacefully surrounded by love. Thank you to all his fans whose love and support have help carry him to this point. He will be remembered as the inspiring, courageous and gentle man, father and husband he was."
Source: http://www.sacbee.com/2011/09/12/3903254/spartacus-star-andy-whitfield.html

He was one of my favorite actors. :( Spartacus will never be the same....

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh man, this is surprisingly shocking. last I heard, he was getting better and preparing for season 2.
May he rest in peace.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was hoping to see him in Season 3. :(

He was going to make Cameos only cause they already chose a new Spartacus since he said he didn't want to do it to cause delays.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yeah, He really outdid the role in Spartacus.

Rest in Piece

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought he was a terrible actor, but he is the face of Spartacus and it'll take me a bit to adjust to a new person playing the role.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This actually came as a big shock to me. Before I read the article yesterday, I started judging the guy, thinking that I would probably read that he was involved in a drunk-driving accident or a drug overdose, as that's become a popular way for young people to go out. I judged him before I read it, and afterward I felt really bad. My sympathies go to this guy's family.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I thought he was a terrible actor, but he is the face of Spartacus and it'll take me a bit to adjust to a new person playing the role.
Maybe he was but that doesnt mean anything. Arney was really bad actor but you cant imagine other actor for Terminator movies :)

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe he was but that doesnt mean anything. Arney was really bad actor but you cant imagine other actor for Terminator movies :)
I don't see how this is different from what I said. If they got rid of Arnold and replaced him with someone else, it'd take me a bit to adjust to this new person, but I wouldn't be one of the people complaining that the entire franchise is ruined. All you really have to do to be a terminator is graduate from the Keanu Reeves School of Acting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom