Android 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Changed threads because speed no longer applies to the amount of time it was taking me to finish >_>;

All but done; I just have to connect the hair, then I can move on to Uv'ing and rigging, which I'll probably save for after the weekend.
Currently sitting at 3410 polygons, and the total time was about my usual 8 hours ><;

Let's see, there are about a half dozen things radically different from the original 18, but the two most glaring would probably be the arm, and the scarf/ring thingy hanging from her neck.

I made the cybernetic arm because I had this idea that when 18 transformed/leveled up the skin on her arm (and every other unexposed area of her body, would split with thin seams and have a glow pouring out sort of them like the Tron effect. A little bit later I found out that 18 doesn't have any transformations in 1.3, but it looked cool nonetheless (sort of? >_>; ), so I kept it.

I planned on the ring scarf being used in melee (particularly the victory animation of a head on, or a melee combo), where she'd brain her opponents by slamming the ring into her opponents head and body multiple times, which would be extremely painful, and fun to see ^^

comments and crits welcome (just not on the overall design >_>; )

Best answers
She's pretty sexy, nice.

Is the string ment to wind her up?

Cybernetic arm might need some weapons or something

Best answers
nice but i dont get it... why does the face in the sec pic looks like michael jackson Oo ?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Booler said:
nice but i dont get it... why does the face in the sec pic looks like michael jackson Oo ?
because its not skinned maybe? also maybe the light was setted like this?

anyway, nice mesh and all but i think you whored some polys, especially if your going to let it go into esf...

I like the design alot also the mesh. gj

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's quite a unique outfit...your own design or is it from something?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@Booler: Well, I don't see it, but whatever's happening is caused by my crappy lighting setup >_>.

@Tryforce: You have no idea, lol. I actually chamfered some edges to smooth out some places. I know that detail wouldn't show up ingame, but I just don't have the heart to take it away ^^;;
(That, and I set a limit of 3500 polygons for myself, so the extra detail doesn't matter that much to me anyway)

@Ravendust: Thanks . . . I tried to make the design my own, but I think I migth have gotten influenced a bit too much by final fantasy or something; reminds me a bit of someone ><; Might think awhile on some more stuff to change it up.

💻 Oldtimer
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Reminds me a bit of Rikku from FFX, the face looks a bit like micheal jackson because of the mouth...And even though she doesn't look that much like android 18, I love the model =P, looks really great. Will you animate the skirt as well? =P

G
Awesome! Her drop kicks are sure to knock Trunks out solid too! :D The point being, her feet are a little too massive >_<

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SA_Gohan said:
Changed threads because speed no longer applies to the amount of time it was taking me to finish >_>;

All but done; I just have to connect the hair, then I can move on to Uv'ing and rigging, which I'll probably save for after the weekend.
Currently sitting at 3410 polygons, and the total time was about my usual 8 hours ><;

Let's see, there are about a half dozen things radically different from the original 18, but the two most glaring would probably be the arm, and the scarf/ring thingy hanging from her neck.

I made the cybernetic arm because I had this idea that when 18 transformed/leveled up the skin on her arm (and every other unexposed area of her body, would split with thin seams and have a glow pouring out sort of them like the Tron effect. A little bit later I found out that 18 doesn't have any transformations in 1.3, but it looked cool nonetheless (sort of? >_>; ), so I kept it.

I planned on the ring scarf being used in melee (particularly the victory animation of a head on, or a melee combo), where she'd brain her opponents by slamming the ring into her opponents head and body multiple times, which would be extremely painful, and fun to see ^^

comments and crits welcome (just not on the overall design >_>; )
It doesn't look like Android 18 at all, but the model is good.

💻 Oldtimer
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
He made his own style Android 18, and why do you revive this thread? It's been dead for 3 to 4 months now...

💻 Oldtimer
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
thread closed on account of being dead for ever...

SA_gohan, if you want it reopened for updates or anything, feel free to pm any member of staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)