Android 18 Partners

nge

Best answers
You can't just look at numbers and say it's balanced like that. You have no idea how powerful each charecter is. 18 and 17 might be just as strong over time as those 3 or 4 transformations, or ginyu's numorous pals already. It is a nice idea, but it would be extra coding and more re-balacing at this point, requireing that 18 and 17 be nerfed from their current state.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As they are being added, its not set in stone, its as easy to balance 2 buddies as it is to balance one. Indeed it'd nerf 18 and 17, but thats what balancing is, it makes things equal and fair. Balancing is just changing numbers anyway, its not that much hassle, the hassle comes when testing and seeing if it works on a grand scale, but thats why we have beta testers, and im sure they'd point out any balancing that is needed.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
16 would be a better stand-alone character than a partner.

nge

Best answers
I was going to agree that he'd be a great addition to the team, but logan makes a good point. If it wern't for the lack of trans, he really does meet plenty of requirements for a stand alone charecter. I'm devided on this issue right now, I'll need some time to think it over and offer my feedback.

Best answers
I think 16 as a stand alone character wouldent be so good theirs no transformations for him he would work better as a partner.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well there is 1 thing that could count as a transformation.

1 Original 16 with RR logo. (Red Ribbon)
2 The fixed 16 with the CC logo. (Capsule Corp.)

But that would kinda break the androids apart dont you think.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, you could say he'd be better stand alone, but so could ginyu or recoome, they have the same amount of moves. Remember you can switch between buddy's control (i believe)

Best answers
#17 and #18 were -the partners- and had more protagonism in a way than #16, he was just kinda dragged around with them.
#16 is a good addon as a stand alone, like mentioned before, but not quite as part of the android team, since he never actually fought for the same reasons.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
16's loyalties were still to the other androids, he just didnt share their appetite for destruction and killing, he enjoyed peace and tranquility, but it still doesnt change the fact he is an android, he is programed to kill goku, and he is the most powerful android, if you're going to add an android team at least add 16, remember only in the movie did 18 and 17 fight together, both in the anime and the manga, they only fought against one opponent at a time. 16 can still be grouped with the androids nomatter how you put it.

Or, you could have it so that you start with 18, gain your buddy, then later on you could transform and just be 16. Who cares if its not "proper" or its not 100% true to the show, i want some more diverse gameplay, im sure others do too.

Best answers
I find it better if you can just choose one of the three androids instead of choosing one of them and "transforming" into the other ones.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well buddy's dont work like that, its an extra character to fight by your side, which you should be able to switch between and/or tell what to do. Yeah, i know what you mean about "transforming" but it does exactly the same thing as making up a transformation so the guy could compete with other characters. I really cant see why people are so against this, 18 will only get one buddy, while ginyu gets 3, and 18 and 17 have exactly the same attacks, where as ginyu would gain an attack with every buddy not to mention being able to body swap. The only bonus for androids is the ki pool. For the sake of easier balancing it'd be more logical to add 16. Not to mention then they'd actually have some signature moves. By everyones logic 18 and 17 are too evil to be paired with 16, but then they forget that 18 turns good, and was never really that evil in the correct timeline, she wishes to spare peoples lives while 17 destroys them.

Best answers
Yeah, I'm not saying they don't fit together either, each has a different personality really, they are a "threesome" to begin with. And I pretty much misunderstood the "buddy" thing. I had the idea you transformed into another one of them, which I find rather stupid. But if you get "buddies" then it's only logical to add #16 to the pacage, otherwise there would be a disadvantage, because of what you said #17&18 attacks are way too similar and #16 would be the one making the actual difference.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd like 16 to be a buddy of 18/17, because if he was a stand alone character without any transformations it would be stupid.
REASON: Nothing to look forward to, just get stronger and stronger and nothing else.
I like the idea of the android 16 first being red ribbon android then becoming Capsule corp. android.
He could maybe have some other clothes just for the fun of it.
Why not give him the suicide attack? Not like Vegeta explosion, I mean like he grabs onto the guy with the melee thing then explodes but the radius is as big as that of a advance melee thing when the guys go apart, but instead of just flying away, the guys in the radius receive additional damage!

Hope you agree.

Best answers
I still think I'd like to see #16, 17 and 18 as separate characters.
And well you are talking about a explosion ocured similar to when advanced melee has place, in the case of advanced melee I think that the radius of "blast" when the guys go apart is only to make more fairness and to avoid people lurking around the struggle to take advantage of it. But if #16 had an explotion similar but doing damage it would probably become very whored.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, but like very little people would play him, I'd like to see him, but I won't really play him though......
And I understand what you mean with that blast thing, but 16 will die too in the process, so it will only be used like if you need more power and you for some reason caught someone with about 3mil, so then you can blast him to bits!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom