And Then There Was Pikkon...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
After viewing a couple of Budokai Tenkaichi 2 screenshots, I remembered how strong Pikkon was when he made his appearance. However, not a lot is said about him. I am curious to who he could be compared to power-wise? He seemed to make easy work of Cell yet could match Goku who had lost to Cell, so I am a bit confused to how he measured up with the rest of the cast.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's filler so you can't expect consistency (Vegeta > Yamcha > Recoome > Vegeta > Yamcha > Recoome...)

Pikkon was pretty evenly matched with SSJ Goku. Janemba defeated Pikkon in a single blow, but he was crazy powerful so it's hard to say.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah that was wierd about Pikkon's roll in Fusion Reborn, they played him off as weak. I ask this becasuse a certain cibilling of mine is facinated of Pikkon and feels that he was stronger than SSJ2 Gohan since Pikkon made easy work of Cell.

Best answers
i think he was...
or maybe he just took Cell by surprise with his speed.

Anyhow,Goku was stronger than Gohan after his death. So he was stronger than cell. and matched Pikkon.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
vinay87 said:
Anyhow,Goku was stronger than Gohan after his death. So he was stronger than cell. and matched Pikkon.
Oh he was? How did he get stronger when he went to other world?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cuz saiyans receive power when in intense fights and near death experiences -.- Well he died XD That means he got even more power no XD?

Best answers
He's a Saiyan. When Saiyans die, and get healed bodies, they get stronger. And for Super Saiyans I guess its more. Look at the Goku vs Pikkon fight. It clearly looks like Goku was Super Saiyan 2 there.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ooooh, I thought Saiyans had to be healed from near-death experiences for it to count dramatically, I didn't know going to otherworld counted as well.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In Other World, your body (that's if you were granted to keep your body) doesn't have as much stress placed upon it as if you were in the living world. How does that work? I have no idea...

Pikkon's pretty weak if Yamcha was able to beat him with no problem (and get beat by Kid Buu in a couple of hits).

Best answers
Pikkon's a different Pikkon in the kid buu saga

Anyway, its like this. When in the Other World/Land of the dead, there's no risk of dying. And you have easy access to your limits.
Like when Vegeta fought kid buu in his dead state as goku was gathering energy, he lasted longer even though he was only at Super Saiyan 2. And when he comes back to life, Goku instructs him to be careful as he's alive and his body is at greater risk now than it was before.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you die when you're already dead, you'll no longer exist. You do have a risk of dieing in Other World, which is why everyone got nervous when Kid Buu was charging up a large energy ball at the Grand Kai's planet.

The thing is that Pikkon is a filler character that they tried to give a bigger role with the transition between the defeat of Cell and the beginning of the World Tournament (plus movie 12). Pikkon never appeared in the original manga if I remember correctly.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MC said:
In Other World, your body (that's if you were granted to keep your body) doesn't have as much stress placed upon it as if you were in the living world. How does that work? I have no idea...
if i remember correctly, your body is still stressed. but it doesnt cause fatigue, or death, like it does in life. which is how goku managed to go super saiyan, AND kaio-ken in his fight with pikkon.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pikkon was pretty evenly matched with SSJ Goku.
SS Goku + Kaioken was evenly matched with Pikkon. Though, you did mention it was filler so I assume you know Pikkon's strength is practically uncertain compared to a SS2.

Best answers
vinay87 said:
Pikkon's a different Pikkon in the kid buu saga

Anyway, its like this. When in the Other World/Land of the dead, there's no risk of dying. And you have easy access to your limits.
Like when Vegeta fought kid buu in his dead state as goku was gathering energy, he lasted longer even though he was only at Super Saiyan 2. And when he comes back to life, Goku instructs him to be careful as he's alive and his body is at greater risk now than it was before.
The other World simply had lower gravity which helpped people to power up.

And Goku told Vegeta that he was in even more risk then before because Vegeta would not be able to be revived again if he died.

EDIT: In the Sayian Saga the Other World had higher gravity then earth, but while going SSJ3 on earth, Goku said it was easyer to do so in the Other World because of its little gravity.

A.T was very consistent :/

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Barney's_Soul said:
EDIT: In the Sayian Saga the Other World had higher gravity then earth, but while going SSJ3 on earth, Goku said it was easyer to do so in the Other World because of its little gravity.

A.T was very consistent :/
You sure you don't mean King Kai's planet had a greater gravity? Unless you are sure about it being Other World in general.

I still find it wierd how Goku could go toe to toe with Pikkon who treated Cell almost like SSJ2 Gohan did, yet SSJ2 Gohan was much stronger than Goku.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah, goku never said anything about gravity o_O. he said otherworld was easier for him to maintain SSJ3, because he didnt have to worry about becoming tired.

Best answers
When in other world you don't really have a body. They say they get to keep them but the bodies are different. When goku got his body back and fought kid buu he said his body chugs. So he was slower and it consumed more of his energy than when he was dead. Gravity has nothing to do with it because the supreme kai world was part of otherworld and goku was there when he was dead and when he was alive. I think pikkon beat cell after his fight with goku. I cant remember though. Also cell didnt get to keep his body because he was bad which means he got weaker, because in fusion reborn goku was amazed that vegeta had maintained the same level as he was when he died since vegeta didnt get to keep his body. Also i cant remember if the other world tournament was right after goku died or if it was 5-7 years later like the great saiyaman saga. And in fusion reborn pikkon looked weak because goku had gotten a lot stronger. Also goku was playing around with pikkon in the other world tournament and let pikkon use his thunder flash move a few times which makes pikkon stronger when he uses it and goku didnt turn SS until pikkon used his move like 2-3 times.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's stated in the manga (regarding how Chiaotzu was revived after his body was destroyed) that when a persons body is destroyed, not just killed but actually blown apart, they get it rebuilt by Kami or someone in the afterlife.

Assumedly, Cell was 'rebuilt' (every single cell of his actual body was vapourised) with a weaker body, so that he wouldn't be too much trouble to handle in Hell. However, when he banded together with all the other villains, they became a problem.

This also could explain how Tien, Yamcha and Chiaotzu beat the Ginyu Force on King Kai's :p

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kasey said:
When in other world you don't really have a body. They say they get to keep them but the bodies are different. When goku got his body back and fought kid buu he said his body chugs. So he was slower and it consumed more of his energy than when he was dead. Gravity has nothing to do with it because the supreme kai world was part of otherworld and goku was there when he was dead and when he was alive. I think pikkon beat cell after his fight with goku. I cant remember though. Also cell didnt get to keep his body because he was bad which means he got weaker, because in fusion reborn goku was amazed that vegeta had maintained the same level as he was when he died since vegeta didnt get to keep his body. Also i cant remember if the other world tournament was right after goku died or if it was 5-7 years later like the great saiyaman saga. And in fusion reborn pikkon looked weak because goku had gotten a lot stronger. Also goku was playing around with pikkon in the other world tournament and let pikkon use his thunder flash move a few times which makes pikkon stronger when he uses it and goku didnt turn SS until pikkon used his move like 2-3 times.
In the series, Cell was able to keep his body (the same applied to just about every villian). The Other-World tournament happened sometime after Goku died since after the tournament was done, they advance forward and show Gohan grown up, and the last you see of Goku in Other-World is when he said that he will be at the World Martial Arts Tournament and you also see him training. Goku was taken off guard by Pikkon's Thunder Flash and he didn't use it until Goku transformed into a SSJ. Also Pikkon used it only three times I believe, and the third time is when Goku found a weak point in the technique which he exploited.

Best answers
Ravendust said:
It's stated in the manga (regarding how Chiaotzu was revived after his body was destroyed) that when a persons body is destroyed, not just killed but actually blown apart, they get it rebuilt by Kami or someone in the afterlife.

Assumedly, Cell was 'rebuilt' (every single cell of his actual body was vapourised) with a weaker body, so that he wouldn't be too much trouble to handle in Hell. However, when he banded together with all the other villains, they became a problem.
They werent' too big of a problem though. In fusion reborn gohan didn't even turn SS when he killed frieza with one punch. And Hercule even beat some dead guys easily. Not sure if this is a good point because it's from GT but kid goku (he had less power than when he was big because his body couldn't hold as much energy)beat cell and frieza without going SS and he was just messing with them. They both had new teamwork techniques and goku blew them back by powering up a little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom