Anatomy

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey guys, here is some of my first anatomy practice pieces. I've always wanted to get the hang of anatomy, and now I have taken advantage of a sweet opporatunity...: I get free lessons from this new business opening a little ways away from my house, under the condition that I go home and practice everyday. :)

here is my first attempt...

EDIT----
I noticed when I posted that it looked kind of choppy, but thats only because I saved the picture as a JPG to save space :/

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It could be smoother, and it's alright as far as anatomy goes.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nice, but next time use a sharper pencil =P keep doing these, trust me, it'll help you out in the future.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Synth said:
It could be smoother, and it's alright as far as anatomy goes.
Read what I wrote at the bottom of my post.

And thanks for the comments guys :)

Best answers
Yeah i agree with dave, keep pumping them out. When it comes to a pose you've imagined and you try to draw it, its so much easier if you've figured out how the thing looks/works/moves.

Retired
Best answers
It's good, only thing that bothers me is the size and placement of the thumb on the first picture. something just doesn't like right on that, since it's placed too much on the same height of the other fingers.

but overall good job.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes I must say that is a huge thumb....if you really wanna learn go to the learning section and stuff at www.conceptart.org

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the thumb only looks big because if you move your thumb, you cant see there is a bone you cant see, which stems pretty much from the wrist, out to where the first "visible" joint is.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, 3 people in a row told me it has a big thumb... I wonder if It has a big thumb...? LOL

anyway, right now I am working on flesh overlays, then I am going to move on to teh arm.

Best answers
The thumb is maybe like 1/2 inch too long, but I think most people just can't envision how the skin covers the hands, so the thumb looks incredibly long without the flesh between it and the rest of the hand. If you don't believe me, try and replicate that pose with your hand, and you'll see your thumb is probably pretty close to how long that one is.

EDIT: from the top view though, it is definitely too long :D

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You have some decent skills my friend... keep drawing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom