Anatomy books?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just picked up a book called "Anatomy Lessons from the Great Masters" by Robert Beverly Hale & Terence Coyle" from my local library. I'm reading it now, and found out that it's useful indeed, but doesn't teach much how it functions and stuff.

I'd like to know what are the most recommended ones that you've used or read or borrowed. They have alot of them at my library.

Wat

Best answers
Is there a specific anatomical feature you're looking for information about? <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anatomy">Wikipedia</a> knows quite a few places you can start looking, and might even change the way you go about studying. Personally, I can't recall reading any books on the subject, so I'm sorry I can't be of more use.

Good luck, though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dynamic Anatomy by Burne Hogarth.

great book :O i bought i a long long time ago and i stil didint finish it :p i shud start drawing again.. ><

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What wangster said.... but bear in mind that just one book isnt enough, anatomy study isnt something you can get right just by reading. Ive read the book you'r talking about, and it is pretty good, but it doesnt show everything together very well, burn hogarths book is great, but with his stylised drawing it becomes difficult to know the true shape of some muscles, but it will definately help with the placement. www.saveloomis.org has some awesome anatomy books "figure drawing for all its worth" is a really great book to get started with, I highly recomend it, just recently ive been going back through it and making more studies. I've also read Leonardo Da Vinci's work on anatomy (small book filled with pages from his notebooks anotated) which was great but a little hard to understand without prior knowledge. In conclusion; its better to have as many anatomy books as you can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom