An Akuma Model

Best answers

[Akuma Update]
:| Modeled by : Chrisknyfe |:
Yep. This is what I've been doing lately. Drew myself some refs (which I have now lost... grr...) and they seemed to have worked out the proportions well. Extruded the arms instead of trying to fool around with combining spheres (although the feet came out nicely.)

As this is a WIP, crits and drawovers are very much appreciated.

Slightly off-topic: I want to release both Akuma and my older Cloud for ESF preety soon, hopefully by the end of next week. All I need to do is adapt the models to some 1.2 bones. Yay! (Cloud = Trunks and Akuma = Goku or Piccolo)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i say make his muscles bigger and make his arms shorter, they're too long.. also he has humongo feet, his shirt more at a V shape, and make his shoulders come a little more down, make him more relaxed, makin his head and shoulders almost 90 degrees looks uncomfortable

Best answers
!!!!!!!!!!!! what is he from!??!?!?!?! :( hes the coolest fighter from street fighter!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what.. street fighter is a classic game.. omg how can u not kno wut street fighter is?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
looks great, heres a ref that should help:

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
let's make a little bio about akuma.

name: akuma
power: dark hadow
master: kutetshu
fight stile: he mastert every stile there is.(i realy don't want to fight agains him lol)
looking:

maybe a good trans :D

Best answers
Getting back to the topic...

[Akuma Update]
:| Chrisknyfe |:
Here's an update. Any suggestions? I'm thinking that the bulge on the shoulder is too thin and needs to be widened. And also the legs could use definition. And maybe I should also provide a back pic...

Crits/Comments/Suggestions please.

EDIT: Polygon Count :| 2892 |:
Creating any more detail on this model will kill servers throughout the globe.
Alas, Raiko will not be skinning this one. He's just too plain busy with NTP. IF anyone else is up for it though...

Best answers
well as i can tell from the refs here i think that the model is cool just make the lower part of the arms (elbows down) abit bigger and the face looks abit blah....try to add more details for the face or it is just me and with texturs it will look fine cuz i dont realy know/remember this charecter...:p

Best answers
no dude make his trans shin akuma like on street fighter vs snk EO

Best answers
Looks awsome been waiting for a street fighter model now i got to find sounds may be make sound pack for youz.

Best answers
Akuma made his debut in Street Fighter Alpha (i believe). Since ESF came out I have been dying to see some street fighter models and this thing is beautiful. WAY too many polies though if you plan on releasing him for ESF, though. He fights basically the same way as Ryu and Ken, but IMO way better. His old master was Goutetsu, and Akuma (Gouki in Japan) killed Goutetsu when Akuma embraced the power of the Satsui no Hado. If he were to make a transformation of Akuma make him Shin Akuma, although the real Shin Akuma is just faster and has slightly modified moves. I love the hair, looks just like him in game. Awesome model, just be careful of the polies.

Oh and kaje01, there was never a Street Fighter vs. SNK EO. The games that involve SNK and Street Fighter are:
Capcom vs. SNK
Capcom vs. SNK 2
Capcom vs. SNK 2 EO (likely the one you were thinking of, the Cube and X-Box console port)

Here's a list of games akuma appears in

Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Street Fighter Alpha 1-3
Street Fighter 3
X-Men vs. Street Fighter
Marvel Superheros vs. Street Fighter
Marvel vs. Capcom
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Capcom vs. SNK
Capcom vs. SNK 2/EO
SNK vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos
Pocket Fighter
Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo

Add other games if there are any, don't think so though.

Best answers
I fully intend to go into Direct X tools and shrink the poly count to something more comfortable for those 56k'ers (off-topic: dsl isn't all that expensive...)
I'm thinkin that this Akuma should replace... I dunno, what do u guys think?

EDIT: one more thing, not to seem like I'm putting a burden on the skinner, but I'm not going to add any more detail to the face. As they say, the skin hides the model, and in this case that's a good thing... cause that's a freakin high polycount!!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That looks awesome! Any ideas to what model he'll replace? I really want to use it. I don't know if you take requests or not, but a Ryu model, would make you my GOD!

Best answers
Chrisknyfe|SSJ said:

[Akuma Update]
:| Chrisknyfe |:
Here's an update. Any suggestions? I'm thinking that the bulge on the shoulder is too thin and needs to be widened. And also the legs could use definition. And maybe I should also provide a back pic...

Crits/Comments/Suggestions please.

EDIT: Polygon Count :| 2892 |:
Creating any more detail on this model will kill servers throughout the globe.
Alas, Raiko will not be skinning this one. He's just too plain busy with NTP. IF anyone else is up for it though...
Nice :D Work!!

Akuma rules in SF

Best answers
i think you shuld make his hair a little more back and make some holes in his shurt and pants and btw awesome model

Best answers
For Generic Balls, make the haduken his animation.. that would look hot.. i'd definately make some sprites from someone like Akuma considering he's my fav Street Fighter character... but you gotta fix his shirt a little bit... its round.. it should be V shaped.. and the face looks like he is dead... heh :]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom