An Advanced Ki Bar

Best answers
I have a suggestion. Im always thinking of ways to cut down on beam spaming. I don't mean someone who almost always uses beams, I am talking about the person who hides in the corner and constantly shoots kamehamema's killing evoryone in the map. I finnally looked past my plans for melee world domination today, this plan may actually be feasible.

The basic concept is of a fairly lienient extra ki bar. This ki bar stores all your energy. Whenever you recharge into your normal ki bar you would be drawing it from there. (So you would still have to recharge normally) I always found it funny how you recharge in the game, in the show they recharge for short periods (The little aura they bring up when fighting.) of action but can still be tired after. So once you run out of this ki bar you are out of energy, and the only way to recharge would be with time or senzu bean.(Thus making these beans as important as the shows, and just in case you don't read the posts below death resets the bar too.)

Now this energy bar could be around 6 times as much as your normal one. But there would be restrictions. Things such as melee, teloport and fly would be only worth 25% of there normal ki usage in this secound ki bar. While beams would be worth 75% and trans would be 120%. (I am not talking about changing anything with the ki bar we have now)

Now I'm reluctant to think that it would be a new bar but, maybe it would be invisible. That way you really have to think about your ki usage before using it.

So what do you think of this idea?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont like it

its annoying having to keep track of ki constantly and this would just make it worse..

Best answers
Somehow I knew you were not going to like it Hibiki.
Well see it would be fairly lienient so you would not really have to worry about it unless you just shot a few fully charged final flashes, or were in an incredibly long melee battle. My only real problem with it, is that it may take a while to code in and its not as important as other things.
Oh yeah death would reset the bar.

Best answers
The basic idea sounds good, I'd really like this in a version of ESF. But maybe you should have a way of bringing it up on screen for a short time. From what I've gathered from the show, the characters always know how much energy they have, what you're suggesting means that n00bs who don't read the manual and find out about this will wonder why they can't get energy back fast enough for that cross-map Final Flash or KameHameHa. But, what about Spirit Bombs? The energy in those things is not owned by the person who uses it, but is owned by "all things living in nature" as Goku says when charging it. If all the other players are in one area of the map and are distracted so they don't see it being charged, they're all going to be annialated by the blast, especially if the person using it has good aim.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like this idea very much :yes: and I don't think it's THAT much work actually... Good suggestion :p

Best answers
I came up with two new ideas for it. One is a color coordinated circle to represent your maximum ki. An example would be dark blue for full and dark red for empty. This way you would only get an aproximation on how much you have. ( Maybe somything you bring down like a scouter.)

I don't know about this one but my idea is to have only this second ki bar linked to powerlevel. That way powerlevel would be linked to ki without making beams so big. It wouldn't be a huge difference though. Somthing like 750,000 5 ki bars, 4,000,000 8 ki bars.

Now I have no real thought into these, but heres a third idea, is linking this with other ideas that would not really work otherwise. Like powering up, spending this ki
pool on raising your pl slightly.(I don't really like that one, but many do.)
Or balanceing out permanant trans to temparary ones, since temparary transformations would cost so much ki.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright dudes...why don't you shut up about this beam spam crap? Just because you happen to get pounded by some kame-whore in the corner of the map doesn't mean it's got to be fixed in the game. It's just people abusing an ability. Having a second ki bar and recharge over time and this that and the other thing...blah, no offense dude, but that's a total waste of time and effort.

I mean...this "problem" could easily be fixed by giving every character a simple time limit between their biggest moves. Like, after a fully charged Final Flash, you wouldn't be able to fire another one past the minimum firing charge for some indeterminate amount of time. To let the player know, a separate sound effect could play when charging it, some negative comment from all the players ("I'm no match for him!" for Vegeta, for instance, when trying to charge a Final Flash past it's minimum, will let the player know he just fired a big move and needs to take it easy).

I would also like to urgently comment that if this idea WAS put in, IT MUST BE MADE OPTIONAL, becuase I'm 20 years old and so are a lot of my friends I play with; we don't sit in the corner and beam, it is boring and stupid. So PLEASE MAKE IT OPTIONAL IF ANY KIND OF BEAM CONTROL IS PUT IN, and for the love of god...no stamina bars, or second ki pools, or anything like that.

Multiple ki bars, multiple this that and the other thing...there's no need. Play with more mature people, or learn to use the block or teleport keys. These changes are unnecessary. Sorry to sound like a jerk, but that's just the fact of the matter.

Best answers
Youve misunderstood my post. I will try and it explain better. Beam spamming is a problem but this is not really the solution, I did not make this thread to complain. However the biggest problem with this mod is how many players don't take the time to learn how to play. Beam spamming is easily avoidible untill higher power levels, and most people who do it can't defend themselves and are constantly saying things like "Stop meleeing only noobs do that"(Actual expirience ten minutes ago) or "don't teloport" or "stop blocking". (Note that these comments have been edited, lol.) Overal this makes for a dull expirience of kicking around players that don't know what they are doing around the map, and this normally has me doing multiple things (homework, eating, watching tv.) untill someone at least decent comes along. Fighting people that know what there doing is very fun but, it only happens like once a month. (At least for me.)

Now my idea is not going to solve all the worlds problems, but the idea is to set up a base to open up new possibilities for the mod. (In my last post I stated a few crappy ones I thought off the top of my head.) Plus I think it adds a much needed strategic touch to long duels. (Wich in my oppinion the best thing in the game.) Without actually slowing down the game.

Wow these are some long posts.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree with Hibiki. I would rather much see a suggestion where you consume more energy than
waste it rather quick. It is so annoying and recidulous how getting back up on your feet in mid air
takes out like a Quarter of your ki pool. And teleporting nearly does the same. I think they should make
it so stuff like that doesn't take as much ki. Gokou had more stamina than that when he was a kid and
he would do zanzoken like 100 times and not be tired.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But this game needs balance. If you could teleport 35 times...who would ever hit you? And recovering from melee SHOULD take decent ki...it's not easy to stop yourself like that, even Buu had to cheat and make himself a parachute/flying squirrel thing to stop easier.

Best answers
I think its a great idea and very true to the show like when Goku was powering up to defeat kid Buu even though he was powering up he just could not do anything why? because his inner suppliy was out any way great idea:smile:

Best answers
Originally posted by GeneralDrew
I have a suggestion. Im always thinking of ways to cut down on beam spaming. I don't mean someone who almost always uses beams, I am talking about the person who hides in the corner and constantly shoots kamehamema's killing evoryone in the map.
Well, to be honest, I would just prefer it if the kame was toned down. It is pretty mad at the moment.

Alright dudes...why don't you shut up about this beam spam crap? Just because you happen to get pounded by some kame-whore in the corner of the map doesn't mean it's got to be fixed in the game. It's just people abusing an ability.
Exactly - it's an abuse of the spirit of the game. Which is why something has to be done about it. The trouble with kame spam is that if you're unlucky, there's virtually no escape - especially on ESF_Battlearena.

Best answers
i really like the idea, its very true to the show, in the show they never could jsut rechage and to K-wave after K-wave. I like the idea of having a total amount of power inste recharging to you limit. It will would add more stategy to the game, you will have to be carefull what you use and how you sue it. Which was another important thing abotu the show. On the other hand, what happens if you main energy runs out, i know it could recharge, but if i am out of energy, i don't want to half to run around the map and look for beans or hide untill my energy is back. over all i liek the idea though, mainly because your fighting will have to be more stratigic

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom