AMX installation can't choose character

Best answers
Are you using Steam?
No
Are you using version 1.2.3 of ESF?
Yes
Are you trying to run any ESF add-ons?
esf_corepowerlevel
What game are you trying to install ESF into?
half-life already installed played well before amx
Are you behind a router or firewall?
yes
Are all your drivers updated?
yes
What in-game video mode are you using?
opengl works good
If you have an error message, what is the exact error message?

Well basically i only want to play esf lan without steam and esf works with my half life non-steam perfectly on lan.... however after installing the AMX plugin using the procedure here...http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?p=722558#post722558 i can start my game however i am stuck "spectating"? in the begining . i can't choose a character. the regular pick a character screens come i click and character and.... nothing.. i can see the bots move on the map however i myself can only look around with the mouse. when i see the player list, my class is listed as "none". and pressing the change class/team buttons do not do anything.

How do i simply start playing like normal before amx and the powercoreplugin? (which i want to use)

(btw trying to disconnect from the game by pressing escape and "disconnect" causes half-life to crash)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Try playing with STEAM

it might fix you're problem.

And thanks for finding that post, I was looking everywhere for it.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How are you initializing the server? Are you clicking "Create Game" and using that menu?

Try typing this in the console:
deathmatch 1
map esf_rosat (or any other map)

Best answers
DragonDude said:
How are you initializing the server? Are you clicking "Create Game" and using that menu?

Try typing this in the console:
deathmatch 1
map esf_rosat (or any other map)
1. start game from esf icon on my desktop
2. multiplayer
3. lan game
4. create game - default map + everything
5. start

- i can move my mouse to look around however i cannot move using arrow keys. there is no model and plus keys for changing character/team dont work.
bot menu works... but somehow i can kick bots...

btw typing deathmatch 1 and then map esf_arrival crashes half life

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Use Steam

WON is known to have tons of bugs. This is probably one of those bugs.

Why don't you just use steam anyways?

Best answers
where can i get steam?

even if i do deside to get it will i need a sperate installation of halflife to play my single mods and other ones?

and can i just copy my esf folder from my half life to my half-life steam version?

as always any help is appreciated.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you downloaded Half-life (illegally) then you're out of luck.

But, if you bought Half-life, then you just need your CD-Key

http://www.steampowered.com

When you download it, just select Half life and install, you need a real CD-Key to play.

:)

edit: Answering you're other questions...

You probably could, but its not recommended from me. I'd say just re install it into Steam.

Make sure you install it into your HL folder.

Best answers
Kaination said:
If you downloaded Half-life (illegally) then you're out of luck.

But, if you bought Half-life, then you just need your CD-Key

http://www.steampowered.com

When you download it, just select Half life and install, you need a real CD-Key to play.

:)

edit: Answering you're other questions...

You probably could, but its not recommended from me. I'd say just re install it into Steam.

Make sure you install it into your HL folder.

did what you said... installed steam. additionaly copied my esf folder to program files/valve and esf works perfectly... however... whenever i press disconnect game. my esf crashes.

one more thing. with the characters i can (+ esf_powerlevel cheat thing) i am able to transform only once? i know there are more than 1 transformations for goku, freeza etc so whats going on here then?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
amqd said:
did what you said... installed steam. additionaly copied my esf folder to program files/valve and esf works perfectly... however... whenever i press disconnect game. my esf crashes.

one more thing. with the characters i can (+ esf_powerlevel cheat thing) i am able to transform only once? i know there are more than 1 transformations for goku, freeza etc so whats going on here then?
ATM there is only 1 transformation in ESFb 1.2.3.

They're currently working on ESF 1.3, which will have all the transformations, and etc. No one knows when it'll be out, so dont bother asking :)

And what video mode are you running in? Chances are you are running in Software mode, make sure you're running in OpenGL, or D3D (OpenGL is better but if ti doesn't work then go for D3D)

Also, if ti continues to crash, try re installing, maybe copying the folders didnt work as perfect as you thought :0

Hope that helps :)

Best answers
Kaination said:
ATM there is only 1 transformation in ESFb 1.2.3.

They're currently working on ESF 1.3, which will have all the transformations, and etc. No one knows when it'll be out, so dont bother asking :)

And what video mode are you running in? Chances are you are running in Software mode, make sure you're running in OpenGL, or D3D (OpenGL is better but if ti doesn't work then go for D3D)

Also, if ti continues to crash, try re installing, maybe copying the folders didnt work as perfect as you thought :0

Hope that helps :)
installed evm.. and it does not crash as much however.. i can almsot transform the 2nd time but the characheter gets stuck in a "transformation loop" and does not finish...

(i.e cell in his 2nd transformation all i see is a ball, and trying to transform goku the 2nd time just gives me a goku transformation looop...)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
amqd said:
installed evm.. and it does not crash as much however.. i can almsot transform the 2nd time but the characheter gets stuck in a "transformation loop" and does not finish...

(i.e cell in his 2nd transformation all i see is a ball, and trying to transform goku the 2nd time just gives me a goku transformation looop...)
Oh, that sucks. We don't support EVM, so any EVM related questions can go to their boards.

Why? Because this is ESF, not EVM. And btw, EVM has more bugs then esf.

I got one question though, are you playing ESF 1.2.3 or 1.2.1?

Best answers
Kaination said:
Oh, that sucks. We don't support EVM, so any EVM related questions can go to their boards.

Why? Because this is ESF, not EVM. And btw, EVM has more bugs then esf.

I got one question though, are you playing ESF 1.2.3 or 1.2.1?
latest 1.2.3

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Use the AMXX Version thach came with EVM
EVM uses an older AMXX Verison then the current one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom