Amazon needs more bandwidth...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The $100 360 deal is going on right now. Just started. I was on Amazon.com at 1:58 and no problems. Then, I hit refresh right at 2PM.....and I'm still waiting for the site to load.

Yeah. It was a great deal. Too good to be true. Unfortunately, I cant even get on the website to claim my copy, and those who were lucky enough to get on most likely bought it by now. 1000 units...

I hate amazon.com >.<

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I refreshed at 1:57. It finished at 2:01.

Yeah. They were all sold out. Sad part is most of those *******s just want it to ebay it.

I ****ing hate ebay.

Best answers
Took 5 mins to load a "page cannot be displayed" page. -_-

Amazon sux... I wanna 360 T_T

God d***it that was the only chance of me getting a Console.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sold out in one minute? Jesus...**** YOU, AMAZON!

Almost makes me want to sue them for having terrible bandwidth. With america's justice system, I'd probably win XD

Oh well...looks like I'll have to wait and play Sonic Next-Gen some other time...

Best answers
I had a feeling that would've happened too....

I had synchronized my comp clock too just so it'd be on the very second. Amazon's bandwidth can go to hell. For one of the most popular sites on the net you'd think they'd have plenty.

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Or they just screwed you all over and faked this whole thing ever thought about that it was a publicity stunt?

Best answers
[S];808310 said:
Or they just screwed you all over and faked this whole thing ever thought about that it was a publicity stunt?
Well if it was it wasn't a very good publicity stunt... especially since they do things like this every week. They'd be frowned upon.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I figured it would only last a couple minutes...

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why are we complaining that Amazon is taking a loss and selling Xbox 360's for 100 dollars? I'm all for it, even in the limited quanities. At most, it would waste ten minutes of your day trying to get one and if you fail, so be it. You can't let such trivial stuff piss you off.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[S];808310 said:
yeah, sure, :0\

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
yeah, sure, :0\
Why were you even on Amazon you already own a 360 so people like you made it even worse for people who wanted the 360 >_> Unless of course you wanted to buy one and sell it on ebay.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually if you must know I was trying to get one for my buddy PT. I loathe ebay and all it stands for. It's a dishonest ****hole driven only by the unending cycles of absurd profit and inflation...second only to the U.S. oil industry and the World of Warcraft Alliance side Auction House.

You may remember PT, I have mentioned him here before--he is my friend whose parents passed away a while back. He hasn't got a lot of money and we recently got screwed out of a ****load of money on this apartment deal that went down the **** pipe thanks to the guys we were in on it with. As a result he was pretty much homeless for a month while yet another of our friends dragged him through the mud on a second apartment deal (one that we think never even actually existed). The dude doesn't even own any majopr furniture yet because all his money goes to rent and food now that he's got a place. I had some spare cash so I just thought I would step up to bat and try to do my best bud a favor for the holidays, since he will never have the cashflow to even dream about buying a next-gen console--not even the Wii.

That was why I was on there. I'll bet my left leg there were less than ten people on there total with such noble intentions.

Best answers
Though selling it on ebay did cross my mind... I decided not to because I really do want a 360 and selling it for less than retail wouldn't get me much closer to getting a PS3, in which i'd rather hold out on till all the hassle & bugs are gone along with better games being released.

To bad their bandwidth sux a**

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Actually if you must know I was trying to get one for my buddy PT. I loathe ebay and all it stands for. It's a dishonest ****hole driven only by the unending cycles of absurd profit and inflation...second only to the U.S. oil industry and the World of Warcraft Alliance side Auction House.

You may remember PT, I have mentioned him here before--he is my friend whose parents passed away a while back. He hasn't got a lot of money and we recently got screwed out of a ****load of money on this apartment deal that went down the **** pipe thanks to the guys we were in on it with. As a result he was pretty much homeless for a month while yet another of our friends dragged him through the mud on a second apartment deal (one that we think never even actually existed). The dude doesn't even own any majopr furniture yet because all his money goes to rent and food now that he's got a place. I had some spare cash so I just thought I would step up to bat and try to do my best bud a favor for the holidays, since he will never have the cashflow to even dream about buying a next-gen console--not even the Wii.

That was why I was on there. I'll bet my left leg there were less than ten people on there total with such noble intentions.
He doesn't have furniture and you're thinking about buying him a 360 as noble as you're intentions were maybe you should focus on the food rent furniture part you know the necessities instead of buying him luxury's like that. And i found out this isn't a scam because my best friend who lives alone with his younger brother who has cancer and his only wish was to own a next gen console. Well my friend one it through amazon and as i type this i'm up next to play Gears of War with them.

Best answers
[S];809162 said:
He doesn't have furniture and you're thinking about buying him a 360 as noble as you're intentions were maybe you should focus on the food rent furniture part you know the necessities instead of buying him luxury's like that. And i found out this isn't a scam because my best friend who lives alone with his younger brother who has cancer and his only wish was to own a next gen console. Well my friend one it through amazon and as i type this i'm up next to play Gears of War with them.
Judge not; lest ye be judged.

Besides that, he said he doesn't OWN any major furniture. That doesn't mean there isn't any provided with the apartment, or that he doesn't have them. A bed, a couch, a table, that'd be ample furniture for someone.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Judge not; lest ye be judged.

Besides that, he said he doesn't OWN any major furniture. That doesn't mean there isn't any provided with the apartment, or that he doesn't have them. A bed, a couch, a table, that'd be ample furniture for someone.
But then you gotta think of buying the $60 games, possible accesories, X-Box live (if he wanted it,) and an eletric bill (if that adds to the cost, I wouldn't really know).

But no shot to Pride on this. If I suddenly got a 360 when I was in financial trouble, I'd sure be happy. (Besides the potential-profit of ebaying it =X)

Best answers
Some apartments require power to be paid seperate, but alot of them include power in the deal (up to a certan amount). Either way, there's no way this person doesn't have the power in use; he has to heat the apartment, considering how cold it's getting, and he'll need the use of the lights.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If I would've got one, I would've sold it on eBay.

eBay is awesome!

Best answers
If I would've got one, I would've sold it on eBay.

eBay is awesome!
You people miss the point entirely. It's a gift, and if you'd eBay a gift, you deserve a slap upside the head. The idea is to make this person's life easier, even if only by allowing him to forget his troubles for a few hours every day.

But, then again, selfish people always miss the point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom