Am I prone to losing stuff?

Do you ever lose important/expensive items?

• More often than I'd like to recount...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Every now and then...

• Never!

• Total voters
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Last Friday (Friday the 13th, go figure) I went into an Albertsons to buy some Junior Mints, had my college folder with my $70 voice recorder in it, and while getting my change, I forgot I had set the folder down and I left it on the self-checkout machine. Thankfully, my Mom went back and found it (she wouldn't let me come with her because we would have to drag my brothers along) and everyone got really stressed.

But this isn't all. Last year I was in San Jose' California at the National Youth Leadership Forum on Technology, and while paying the taxi driver at the airport going back home, I set the phone (my Mom's cell phone) on the seat next to me, and didn't realize I had left it on the seat until the taxi had driven off. The year before that, I had a cell phone, and I don't know where or when I lost it, but someone got a hold of it and charged my account with $500 worth of downloads, ringtones and indiscriminate crap.

I seem to be extremely prone to setting expensive, small objects aside, performing a routine action and forgetting them. I'm not careless, I'm just lost in a routine. But I worry that I have a memory problem with this sort of thing. Is it me? Am I prone to losing things more than others? Or do people lose things more often than I think?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You might be. I can't tell, really.

If you know this happens regularly, maybe you should try not doing two things at once? o:

Best answers
I havent forgot anything expensive even once.
When im done talking in the phone, i usually put it back in my pocket.
When i have done my things with my wallet i put it back in my pocket.
When i leave the car i take the keys with me and lock the doors.
It's all about having the right routines.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All I've lost is a usb flash drive, which a friend of mine found luckily and returned to me. When I'm in a rush in the mornings I may leave my phone home at times but that happens very rarely.

Just remember to keep all important/expensive belongings on you and not a place were you may forget/leave them or where someone could nick it.

Best answers
Damit! I lose stuff every now and then but I meen what I lost 2 weeks is STUPID

Ok,I'm a soccer player I represent this and that etc.On a Friday afternoon there was a soccer game so I went.But it was after school so I had to take off my Tie etc etc etc!! I put everything in my bag EXCEPT MY SHOES!! My school shoes damit!!! When I arrived home at about 7pm all I said was F**** F**** F****
I havnt told my mum yet,but I will tommorow morning cause I start school tommoz [Back from holidays].She'll be angry and she'll have to write a note to my teacher telling him that I can't wear my school shoes [Strict Dum School] LOL!! So yer,but I meen who the hell forgets their shoes damit!! I bet some darn hobo took it!! Damit, I'm still angry to this day.

-GuZzie

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
J-Dude. It helps to put things in their own place when you're not using them. That way, you'll remember where things are. I don't know if this is really applicable to your situation, but I thought it might help. o:

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
J-Dude. It helps to put things in their own place when you're not using them. That way, you'll remember where things are. I don't know if this is really applicable to your situation, but I thought it might help. o:
That's probably applicable to the 2nd cell phone. Since I have no idea what hapenned to the first, I couldn't say. The folder at the Albertsons was hard to avoid, since I had to pull out my wallet and operate the self-checkout scanner, so I had to set the bulky folder down. I dunno...my high school counciler told me I was diagnosed with a learning disability called "Aspergers Syndrome". Still not sure what it does. All I know is I'm pretty high functioning compared to others with the syndrome who are practically autistic (probably genetic, as my younger brother has low-functioning autism; He's 16 and he doesn't know how to speak. He mostly sings his own melodies with seemingly random syllables...oddly catchy tho)

Best answers
I do on occasion lose things....they are normally either....

A) In my car

B) In my last pair of jeans

C) My stomach

you can pick one of the three and you have a 33% chance of being right

Best answers
Sarutobi Sensei said:
I do on occasion lose things....they are normally either....

A) In my car

B) In my last pair of jeans

C) My stomach

you can pick one of the three and you have a 33% chance of being right
If you lose my wallet and pick option C), do i still have 33% chance of being right? o_O
Okay, okay, i'll shut up....

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
J-Dude said:
That's probably applicable to the 2nd cell phone. Since I have no idea what hapenned to the first, I couldn't say. The folder at the Albertsons was hard to avoid, since I had to pull out my wallet and operate the self-checkout scanner, so I had to set the bulky folder down. I dunno...my high school counciler told me I was diagnosed with a learning disability called "Aspergers Syndrome". Still not sure what it does. All I know is I'm pretty high functioning compared to others with the syndrome who are practically autistic (probably genetic, as my younger brother has low-functioning autism; He's 16 and he doesn't know how to speak. He mostly sings his own melodies with seemingly random syllables...oddly catchy tho)
I myself have the same syndrome. It's a learning disorder peree and also believed that people who suffer from this syndrome have some abnormal social behavior (effecting social skills or communication skills) or misinterpret things. People believe though that people can overcome this syndrome however and their are different cases of it.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When I was little I lost my Game Gear in a stop and shop in a bathroom. I went back 5 minutes later to get it, it was gone (go figure) so I was like "meh"

Then I went into the future, got the gba, and was happy.

Best answers
J-Dude said:
Last Friday (Friday the 13th, go figure) I went into an Albertsons to buy some Junior Mints, had my college folder with my $70 voice recorder in it, and while getting my change, I forgot I had set the folder down and I left it on the self-checkout machine. Thankfully, my Mom went back and found it (she wouldn't let me come with her because we would have to drag my brothers along) and everyone got really stressed.

But this isn't all. Last year I was in San Jose' California at the National Youth Leadership Forum on Technology, and while paying the taxi driver at the airport going back home, I set the phone (my Mom's cell phone) on the seat next to me, and didn't realize I had left it on the seat until the taxi had driven off. The year before that, I had a cell phone, and I don't know where or when I lost it, but someone got a hold of it and charged my account with $500 worth of downloads, ringtones and indiscriminate crap.

I seem to be extremely prone to setting expensive, small objects aside, performing a routine action and forgetting them. I'm not careless, I'm just lost in a routine. But I worry that I have a memory problem with this sort of thing. Is it me? Am I prone to losing things more than others? Or do people lose things more often than I think?
I once had this problem, and one day I thought to myself "Dude, you need something that you can attach small, but important items to... something small, but practical."

Then it hit me, BUY A ****IN LANYARD!!!!

so, J-dude... I guess the moral of the story is this - Get a lanyard for your smaller items.

And as for the Cell-phone, get a wallet chain and modify it... err, something like that.

Sounds stupid, but it'll work.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
uhm you can do a simpel trick, to not think just to know one word where you will say: Its in the Bag/pocket/whatever.

Always when you done your job, put the used items into one thing. because then you can say: ah its in the "thing".

Otherwise i dont lose myself anything latly, i just forget where i placed it, i always place it carefully somewhere where i "cant" lose it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How about putting the items in your pocket after your done using it? works for me

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Damn I always lose stuff! I lost my first cell phone in a cinema, dropped my MP3 Player on a school excursion (luckily my friend found it), lost my bycicle chain key THREE TIMES which was also found with lost of effort and luck. My third cell phone I gave to my friend for safe keeping and later he had to go home but I forgot that he still had it! I've lost tons of CDs and tons more I have given to someone I can't even remember who it is. Often I leave my jacket around classes and the cleaning crew finds it. The same goes for my books and other school supplies. Let's face it, I'm a chronic loser (of things mind you, I'm actually very cool, so I'm told.)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I once lost a ring because I was drunk. but it was mainly because the ring was too big for my fingers and barely stayed in place. So I knew that it would happen some day.

Can't remember any other things that I've ever lost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom