am i missing something

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I love dbz series and watched them all including movies, also watched the whole db and dbgt but the dbz is the way to go.

Well 4 years ago I started to search for a good dbz game. First there was the "Bid For Power" which was using Q3 engine. The graphs were quite nice and the liked the game at first since there weren't even a noticably nearer one. But then the development didn't go that well and they faced with some legal issues and couldn't use the original models, i think they stopped developing that mod a year ago.

Well after some time I saw this game. First hesitated but then saw the game play. It was simply amazing. This game cought the main aspects of the dbz series very well, although the graphs is not as fancy as BFP (because of hte Hlf lifes Q2 engine) it was still more then enough when you think about the quality of the original anime series. You can simply record the game and view it as a new episode for the series. Thank you guys for developing such a nice gameplay...

Now my problem. I am not an expert still learning but now I know basic moves and advanced melee as written in the manual. But sometimes I come across to guys playing the game like a maniac.

For example when I kick one enemy (with the right mouse button while swooping) I cannot swoop and kick again before he recovers. But These guys kick again and again and again without giving any time to recover. I simply watch without being able to do anything. When I try a similar thing first of all I cannot swoop no matter how fast I double click, still there is delay. An even if I reach the opponent before he recovers it doesn't allow me to kick until he recovers ;( .

But I see people kicking me on and on. The kick me once and in the air i see another kick coming. Before I start to recover I was hit like a football and I can't do any moves. I can't understand there is not even enough time to double click and swoop again :(.

Now What am I missing about the gameplay?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nothing much all you nead to do is be fast enough. If you cant swoop after him try teleporting after him.you have to be fast enough to catch him and still slow enough to evade the delay.

PS you might want to consult with the allmighty flash tutoreal http://www.esf-world.com/main.php?content=12xflashtut

It has some good tricks to practice ;)

Best answers
Every one is like that when they first start out. Start your own server and name it "n00bs only" or something then other new players will join and youll be as good as every one then youll learn new strategies and gett better/faster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom