Almost died!!!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I doubt he did, but people have survived getting hit by lightning. Most of the time they suffer from severe burns. Thats about it.

Best answers
Well thats what I figured. Most people that get struck by lightning either get severe damage or they die. Lightning struck fairly close to me twice, but thats because I was being stupid, I was on my bike in a middle of a super cell (that later spawned and F4 tornado) because I love storms, thats partly why I want to get into weather... anyway.

the other time it struck a huge rock in front of my window, bout 6-8 feet infront of it actually, and I was on the phone and the computer, the phone got heavy static and my computer fans shut down for a few seconds then turned back on, and my monitor was freaking out for some reason.

He must've been struck close, but not a direct hit.

Wat

Best answers
Fun fact -- if you're hit by lightning and survive, you become more likely than the rest of the populace to be struck again.

@Walmart: So close! *snaps fingers* :laff: j/k. I'm really glad you're alright, even though I don't know you. At all. Not a clue who you are. I'm not real big on poisoning or immolation deaths, though. So, fight the poison!

<strike>@Zeo: Was the heart stopping for two hours thing for real? I thought from your second post that it was a joke. Care to tell the story?</strike>

@Fire Phoenix: I suddenly feel like a bad person. Care to tell that story? Not wearing a helmet...where? When? How old?

EDIT:
I got hit by a car, flew about 10 feet up into the air, and landed behind the car on my stomache.
...Oh, man, is that the story?! I thought that was a joke! ...My bad.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I did tell the story.

Best answers
Maybe not directly hit by lightning, but I Was touching the metal that was touching the other piece of metal that WAS struck by lightning...

nge

Best answers
Sucks man, close calls are always scary.

I was on a medication once for 2 weeks. Turned out I was VERY allergic to it. Ended up spending an entire christmas vacation in intensive care. That kinda sucked.

Best answers
I wasn't really scared, I was really pissed off. We just bought a new pool table ($4,000, artisan crafted :laff: ) our christmas presents cost us over $1200 total, we're gettin a new car ($24,000-$29,000), my mom's store is going bankrupt and thats costing us money and time and now we have to buy a new $3,200 furnace. Plus were hosting a huge new years party. Were already in debt bad, and now its gettin worse. I dont really know why It bugs me so bad, but it does.

Anywho, we got the furnace. A coleman. :D Now I wont be cold at night, Woot!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Obviously the thing to do when you're in debt and your mom's store just went bankrupt is buy a new car, spend 1200 dollars on presents, host a huge new years party, and buy a pool table. Ever wonder why you're in debt?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ya skip the car and stick with the **** modile, like my parents do.

glad your still with us walmart

Best answers
Yeah, it drives me crazy. My dad *****es and *****es about leaving the lights on and keepin the door open too long and ****, Yet he's out buying all of this stuff. He's bein' a hypocrite, not unless he just figured out how to pull money out of his ass, But I highly doubt that.

But just for the record, we didn't buy the car yet. Hope you all noticed that. But now it really looks like we aren't gettin one. ;)

@Dark Sniper - Thanks man. I didn't think It was that serious, but if he would've came 2 hours later like he was supposed to, then he'd find us all dead on the ground. But thats what he said.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You don't need to buy a 25 thousand dollar car. My 95 Mazda 626 was only 3200 dollars. That's kelly blue book value sooooo yeah. You can easily buy a really nice car for 4-5 thousand. Just gotta look.

Best answers
He said that the car that he wanted to get is in that price range, but he didn't tell me what kind he wanted to get. Lets get off this whole topic on my family's debt issues and get back on topic.

Yeah, there was this one time where I tore both of my knees open to the point where you can see the bone, very easily. I still have gravel in my knees when I did that. Kinda sick, you can feel them through my skin.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Obviously the doctors let him keep the gravel as a souvenir. They also wanted his knees to become infected.

Unless you were attacked by a guy with a machete, I'm not believing that story.

Best answers
you dont believe it? I didnt go to the doctors, My mom and dad picked out the gravel outta my knees. Sorry man, I THINK that there is gravel in my knees, there are small bumps in a few areas on my knee, and im pretty sure it isnt scar tissue, so I just figured it was gravel, what else could it be?

Yeah, my dad was chasing me down our driveway (it was gravel at the time, now its asphault) with a super soaker and I tripped and fell, skidding all the way down the driveway, tearing open my knees.

Sadly, the exact same thing happen to me about a month and a half later, but I was running down it for another reason. I cant remember why, I was 8 at the time so I dont remember.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Unless you fell on the gravel and slid 100 feet on your knees without stopping, there is no way you saw the bone. If the injury was that bad, you would have had to go to the doctor if you your parents wanted you to keep your legs and the doctor would have done his thing.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah um, that isn't a true story, why? because if you could see the bone, you'd need stitches, or did your parents stitch your knees for you? And if you could see the bone "clearly" as you say, then not only would you need stitches, but most probably you'd need to get surgery and put skin on it, because it wouldn't grow back. Chances are that was just fat.

Best answers
Phoenix is right. Fat is whiter than uncleaned bone. I slammed my knee into a metal bleacher one day in gym class (about a year back), and it carved out a huge chunk of skin, and what I saw was pale white. It was gross, and I wasn't sure what it was, but I knew it couldn't be bone. It didn't go anywhere deep enough for it to be bone.. And it would hurt a hell of a lot more.

DJ: "Mom, I cut my knee up!"
Roseanne: "Well come here and let me clean it"
DJ: "I think I can see right through to the bone!"
Roseanne: "No, DJ, that's just skin. You should wear shorts more often."

Best answers
It was? I figured that if it was white, then it was bone. My bad then, it'd must have been fat. I dont remember much anyway, I was 8. And im not making this story up, you all have to believe me. I have witnesses dammit!!!!

So yeah, thats my story. Anyone else care to share?

Best answers
I shat my pants when I was 4 or 5, then walked down a dusty country road for about 150 yards with my pants down around my ankles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom