Almost died!!!

New Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2004
Messages
652
Best answers
0
Yeah, like the title says, i amost died last night. Our furnace decided to die on us only after 8 years. It was spitting out extremely high levels of carbon monoxide for the last week and a weird smell.

We decided to turn it off for the night last night because we thought it was an exhaust leak (and it was). We had a guy come in this morning at 10:30. We found out that the blower motor got wet and thats what made the house smell. The burners were knocked loose so It was spitting out fire onto the firewall, (Instead of going through the designated heating holes in the firewall), reflecting it onto the furnace cover, melting it. And the exhaust system is screwed up, spitting out carbon monoxide to the point where we have to evacuate the house for the day or so.

The furnace technician said that if we decided to turn it on last night that we would've all died of carbon monoxide poisioning and then our bodies would've been cremated because the flames being spit out of the furnace would've ignited the house on fire. We have a very nice house but the furnace was defective, thats all. We arent cheap people. And the weird thing is is that I was going to turn on the furnace because it was 58 degrees in our house last night at around 1:00am but something told me not to. Im guessing that God was watching over us last night.

Pretty scary huh. Bah, you guys wouldn't miss me anyways. ;)
 
New Member
Joined
May 30, 2003
Messages
842
Best answers
0
Yeah thats pretty scary. Big rise in carbon monoxide poisoning in the last couple years. The fact that it's taseless and orderless doesn't help :\
Looks like you guys are lucky the furnace was spitting out flames and gas on top of the carbon monoxide, or it might not have been noticed.
 
New Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2004
Messages
652
Best answers
0
Yeah, we are lucky. I guess I just wanted to share with all of you my "experience". But you guys wont miss me anyway... or will you? >(o_0)<
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Aug 16, 2004
Messages
2,309
Best answers
0
I woulda seen you on the news... and laughed.

just kidding, i'd be like holy ****! and post on here or something ;/

That's scary ;_;

Edit: I also almost died recently, in october/november. I was skating down a sidewalk (the streets always busy) when I start to lose balance and right before I fall into the street, I catch my balance and jump more towards the street, and noticing if I fell into the street, this big diesel truck would of hit me dead on.
 
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Nov 23, 2003
Messages
6,079
Best answers
0
My heart stopped for 2 hours once. I guess I win.
 
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Nov 23, 2003
Messages
6,079
Best answers
0
I got hit by a car, flew about 10 feet up into the air, and landed behind the car on my stomache.
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Jun 30, 2003
Messages
2,327
Best answers
0
*looks at thread title*... Almost died!!!



almost?... sigh
*Calls Osama*
"Hello? Osama? I want my money back."
 
Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Sep 20, 2003
Messages
3,211
Best answers
0
I would have missed you!

I can't beat zeo's no heart beat for 2 hours, but i was in a coma for 2 months once. That's what you get when you don't wear a helmet >.>
 
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Nov 23, 2003
Messages
6,079
Best answers
0
Wow. No school for 2 months? Lucky bastage. I only got a week off.
 
Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Sep 20, 2003
Messages
3,211
Best answers
0
Zeonix said:
Wow. No school for 2 months? Lucky bastage. I only got a week off.
Bastage my ass. I had a **** load of make up work to do. On top of those 2 months I had to go through that recovery ****. Not that lift 20 lbs 20 times ****. It was that "how many times can you lift your arm" I lost a lot of muscle mass and had to rebuild it all. Not only that- but i had to go through these brain tests and **** to see if i was "functioning" correctly. Stuff like "does this ";)" match this ":)" Easy **** like that. Luckily for me, i was ahead of the game in credits so i'll be graduating with the year i'm supposed to be.
 
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Nov 23, 2003
Messages
6,079
Best answers
0
I still have to go to the doctor every 6 months to make sure I'm not going to suddenly drop dead. If I'm going to die any time soon, its going to be because of the radiation they pump through my chest and head and not because my heart stops for absolutely no reason -_-.
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Aug 21, 2004
Messages
1,738
Best answers
0
@ walmart: I guess that is an early christmas present for you :p
 
Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Dec 21, 2003
Messages
3,608
Best answers
0
Well, the fact is you survived it and you lived to tell the tale :).
 
Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Mar 30, 2011
Messages
1,355
Best answers
0
Walmart Security said:
Yeah, like the title says, i amost died last night. Our furnace decided to die on us only after 8 years. It was spitting out extremely high levels of carbon monoxide for the last week and a weird smell.

We decided to turn it off for the night last night because we thought it was an exhaust leak (and it was). We had a guy come in this morning at 10:30. We found out that the blower motor got wet and thats what made the house smell. The burners were knocked loose so It was spitting out fire onto the firewall, (Instead of going through the designated heating holes in the firewall), reflecting it onto the furnace cover, melting it. And the exhaust system is screwed up, spitting out carbon monoxide to the point where we have to evacuate the house for the day or so.

The furnace technician said that if we decided to turn it on last night that we would've all died of carbon monoxide poisioning and then our bodies would've been cremated because the flames being spit out of the furnace would've ignited the house on fire. We have a very nice house but the furnace was defective, thats all. We arent cheap people. And the weird thing is is that I was going to turn on the furnace because it was 58 degrees in our house last night at around 1:00am but something told me not to. Im guessing that God was watching over us last night.

Pretty scary huh. Bah, you guys wouldn't miss me anyways. ;)
Um.. that sucks but there really isn't a need to increase the size of the Off-Topic forum o_O
 
Active Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Nov 18, 2002
Messages
4,201
Best answers
0
strange <_< when i posted my pain-threads they did get closed lol

nway i will miss you ;P
 

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
May 6, 2003
Messages
1,763
Best answers
0
That's creepy. That furnace technician of yours, would he happen to be some kind of gothic beast who crawls in his cave and tells children stories of medieval torture?
 
New Member
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Mar 29, 2003
Messages
4,765
Best answers
0
We wouldn't forget you.....now who did you say you were again?

So, if you can't internet in your house right now, where are you then? Must be really hard for you, all this time without the ESF forums to ermmm...ya.....to do what exactly?....
 
New Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2004
Messages
652
Best answers
0
dReAm KiLlEr said:
Um.. that sucks but there really isn't a need to increase the size of the Off-Topic forum o_O
Well, I kinda made this thread so people could tell tales of their past "experiences".

Its good to see I would've been missed. :)

@ Sicron - I posted this at me grandparents house, they have comcast. (lucky old people, :D )

and how in the hell do you get struck by lightning and live to tell the tale? I mean, I've had my close calls, but thats pretty insaine.
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top