All of you dutch who can see this

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I just want to tell you that me and my family were there for you in the World Cup the all time and especially in the finals. We are proud you reached the finals and hardly lost, you fought to your last breath.
It is disappointing you lost to Spain but you got to the finals which is very impressive.

Thank you for a great match.

But even though, what do you think about the judgment? (and im talking to everyone)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think Spain deserved to win.

We didn't even play as well as we did before, it was all long hauls to the front and Spain was just the better team. I really can't be mad about it.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I agree, we got lucky in the previous matches.
But Spain got 'lucky' with that nice shot at the end of the extend of the match, untill then both were equally good.
We both got good chances.

Better luck next time (maybe EuroChamp) and let's hope we got better referees for better matches(not just Dutch but in other matches the refs were really bad)

Btw, that chestshot imho deserved red, while that other yellow wasn't deserved.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Football (soccer) needs goalline and sideline technology (cameras) as a couple teams were robbed by lack of replay, and not just arguable yellow/red cards.

USA!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Synth, the world agrees.

Sepp Blatter doesn't. So it's not happening.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree. It needs to be modernized there, rather than switching out balls every four years.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
... Please don't use the O-word when me and Origin are around to read it. You don't want to know why.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Holland deserved to lose. ****ing horrible tackles, constant fouling. How Van Bommel has only managed 2 yellow cards during the tournament, is beyond me. Robben diving all the ****ing time. Holland lucked it this far; being in a crap group, and then drawing crap teams for the first knockout stage. Frankly, I don't even call the match against Brazil a match that Holland won; it was a match that Brazil lost. Melo is an absolute idiot, and I hope FIFA and the FA fine the **** out of him for his "assault" on Robben. 2 incredibly flukey goals saw Holland go through instead of Brazil. That in itself was a disappointment, especially as Holland did not deserve to win that match, playing the abysmal football they played that day, and have played every match thus far.
The only team that deserved to win this cup was Germany, hands down; like the BBC commentators said after the Final tonight, "If Holland had won tonight, it would have been a bad thing for football". It's so damn true -_- I didn't think I would ever dislike anyone more than Cristiano Ronaldo, but now Robben has taken that spotlight. Most tasteless, wasteful and unproffessional player at the tournament this year, his diving is and was an absolute disgrace, and he sets a bad example. Then there's Mark van Bommel. Wow. Averaging almost 5 major fouls in each game, and only seeing two cards during the course of the tournament, both of which came in the final two games for Holland, and one of them was for kicking the ball after play had been stopped. He is another that needs disciplinary action, and players have been lucky to have not been carried off on a stretcher from one of his career-ending tackles. Even though I hated Spain's Barcelona style of play, and was so happy when Switzerland beat them in their opening group stages game, after seeing Holland's performances during the knockout stages and asking myself "How in the **** did they manage to progress this far, playing like that?", Spain was my team for the night, and although I didn't particularly want either team to win the final, I'm just glad Holland didn't take it. The Netherland's performance in this world cup, and especially tonight, has left a horrible taste, and it was an embarrasment to the dutch legends such as Kluivert, Bergkamp, Overmars, and Cryuff that Holland have produced over the years. Thank **** for Howard Webb refereeing the game. Otherwise it would have been another match running rampant with aggressive challenges from Holland, going unpunished again, and again, and again.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Don't you think there were too many cards in this game? He gave those cards like free popcorn in my opinion. Every time some spanish guy fell it was a foul, im not sure...

Spain played well BUT the referees screwed up, which still questions the objectivity of the final score.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're not supposed to get it. And I hope for God's sake you never do.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Aww, now I really want to get it. Origin, help a brother out?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Let's just say that the content cannot be provided on ESF without Skyrider banhammering us all. And I doubt Origin wants to relive the horror.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He will if I pay him 5 internets for telling the story. Origin is a whore, a pretty cheap one at that, I know his price.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't you think there were too many cards in this game? He gave those cards like free popcorn in my opinion. Every time some spanish guy fell it was a foul, im not sure...

Spain played well BUT the referees screwed up, which still questions the objectivity of the final score.
No, Howard Webb did amazingly. There's a reason he's considered the best referee in the world, and he proved why last night. No nonsense football is his approach, and he's usually fairly lenient with bookings. But the ridiculously aggressive football that Holland play is a ****ing disgrace, and as so many commentators and proffessional critics have said, Holland were lucky to have ONLY been reduced to 10 men.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8809048.stm

Notice how it's only the dutch that are complaining, and that everyone else is backing Webb's decisions, other than the corner he failed to give. Webb did a top job, but his life was made increasingly difficult from Holland's overly physical approach to the game. Puyol should have been given a second yellow card for holding back Robben, but the one time that Robben chose not to dive, Webb gave Puyol the benefit of the doubt after Robben stayed on his feet. Holland deserved this result tonight, and they need to stop *****ing about it, seeing as it could have finished so much more badly.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
While I agree that everyone of the Dutch players deserved the cards they had gotten. I am not so sure about the final score. I haven't seen the replays myself, but it seems that Iniesta or the guy that gave the ball to Iniesta was off-side. If the referees had flagged for that, the goal would have never happened. I also don't see what your point with Robben is? I though he did an amazing job last night. Not the best football I have ever seen from the Netherlands, though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
While I agree that everyone of the Dutch players deserved the cards they had gotten. I am not so sure about the final score. I haven't seen the replays myself, but it seems that Iniesta or the guy that gave the ball to Iniesta was off-side. If the referees had flagged for that, the goal would have never happened. I also don't see what your point with Robben is? I though he did an amazing job last night. Not the best football I have ever seen from the Netherlands, though.
Iniesta was onside from Torres's initial cross, and he was way onside for the 2nd delivery that he claimed. The goal was 100% valid. The replays showed it; Iniesta was onside both times. Even if he was offside, call it justice for van Persie being offside in Sneijder's 3rd goal against Uruguay last week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom