All Modellers read this please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
more of a request but the modellers need to see this...

BEFORE U RELEASE A MODEL HOW BOUT SOME IN-GAME SCREENSHOTS? PLEASE? Im tired of seeing a model that looks really awesome with the perfect lighting/view in whatever modelling program only to get it in-game and be let down... please dont sugarcoat the models be4 we get them, its dissapointing/frusterating.. please give us in-game screenshots as well be4 release we'd appreciate it

sirken

S
yea thats a good 1, plz make them do a movment too like a taunt or somthing like the homepages Captian Ginue (can't spell)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
er...i dont think that was an ingame shot of ginyu (shows how much you know if you think that sirken...)

basically, when people post wips of there work, its how the model would look in a good, up to date engine...half life is old, very old, it will NEVER bring out the best in todays models, they will always look worse than when you see them in max.

basically, deal with it :S

Best answers
yea but u can clearly tell the difference between models that DO look good in the half-life engine and those that dont, but almost any halfway decent half-life model can look 70% better with the right lighting and camera positions in the modelling program

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
very true, but you should learn to recognise which will and which wont... its not our responsability to show you what it will look like in game, since we are doing all the hard work making the model for YOUR enjoyment, why dont you just enjoy it?

Best answers
the reason i made this thread in the first place was to state the letdown of models that APPEAR enjoyable until you see them how you will be playing with them.. is it really that much work to take a screenshot and post it in the WIP threads? or is it because they are ashamed of their models performance in-game.. one would wonder

Best answers
Aye.

We render it and use lighting to sort of show off. Each model to us, (atleast to me) is an accomplishment, sumthing to be proud of, so we like to buff it up a little. Yea, I'm sure people try to hide a litte, so you'll dl it, but don't think thats the only reason we buff it up. ingames are nice, and truer to what they are, but we can make it shine in a render ;-) So. I dont intend to stop trying to make my models look nice. ;\

Best answers
im not asking to scratch the good lightning/'buffed' renders of the models, just that an in-game shot would be included for those of us who want to use them to play with.. we can still appreciate your work from an observative perspective

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
simply put: we model for our own enjoyment...90% of my models are all rigged and ready to go, but i havent put them in game, purely cos i dont really play games myself...ive thought of releasing them, but at the same time, why should i? when theres people like you saying "wow...that was a let down"

you have no idea how harsh it sounds when someone says that about your work, especially since each model is a LOT of work...

Best answers
Almighty_gir said:
simply put: we model for our own enjoyment...90% of my models are all rigged and ready to go, but i havent put them in game, purely cos i dont really play games myself...ive thought of releasing them, but at the same time, why should i? when theres people like you saying "wow...that was a let down"

you have no idea how harsh it sounds when someone says that about your work, especially since each model is a LOT of work...
a couple things...

i cant seem to find the thread right now and dont feel like lookin for it, but it was titled "my first model" or something and it had a really good model of a dwarf-like man with a helm and stuff... anyways, it wasnt for ESF, it was a model, and it looked really good and got tons of praise... the point im getting at is that the model doesnt have to be used to play with, it can be praised and appreciated as the model itself. but, if it IS for playing, it should atleast look decent in-game dont you think? if not there was no point in making it for the game, shoulda just been a model to look at

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
most people only release stuff cos they are begged to anyway...

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Weather or not modelers provide an ingame shot, is their business. Renders are supposed to make the model look better than it normally does. If you wanna see how it looks ingame, then download it and play with it.

Closed to avoid any more spam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom