Aliens Versus Predator

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I actually thought it was a good movie.

Just shows you that people don't even want to see it because it's rated PG-13 down here where I live means that people need the F-word and intestines streaming out your ass if you get stabbed in the leg.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
maggeh! \o/

i might be tempted to go watch it, just for the plain fact of preddys and aliens in one movie ;O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow. Almost no one in this thread saw it.

I saw it, and while of course it was bad, this general idiotic idea that there was no violence in it whatsoever is preposterous.

Best answers
even thoe it was not what i whanted to see the movie was still good

Best answers
this movie sucked soo much...OMG...i had great hopes for taht movie beacuse of the great vidoe games but when i saw it...OMG just crap...i wouldnt and i havent paied for it...

Best answers
wow i loved how *spoiler*

2 of the predators died within 5 minutes of engaging the aliens, ok arent the predators RAISED from birth to be skilled hunters?! the last one who didnt die til later was kick ass aside from teaming up with that lady, that kinda made me like ......wtf? predators collect people skulls, it would be like a french explorer teaming up with an otter against a wolf..... but whatever. and yeah the alien/predator at the end was stupid!!! man i cant beleive the predator with the skull helmet died so easily, u would think because he had a unique mask he would be like the leader or something. god...using an alien head as a shield..... whatever, i dont think a sheild will save you from one of those things considering it has about 5 natural ways of killing u up close..... that movie could have been so good....

Best answers
I thought it was a good movie. Even know the teaming up part was kinda messed up, but still. not bad.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm...
"Although most reviewers are saying that the movie is bad for various reasons, They are only saying this because they don’t comprehend the Aliens instinct to Procreate or the Predators embodiment of Honor or Pride.

When people complain about a movies rating because they wanted more "gore" they are basically giving away the fact that they don’t care about a story or have a respect for either of the two alien races, they simply want to see the "insides" of people when they die. And that, to me, seems creepy....

As far as the complaints that a single Alien kills two Predators, You have to take previous knowledge of both alien races into account. For starters, the predators primarily use different vision modes within their masks to defeat the use of camouflage. Humans give off heat, so while hunting them, Predators use Thermal Vision. In the movie Aliens, the colonial space marines have a Thermal scanner but, as they say, Aliens aren’t picked up on the Thermal scans, thus describing that Predators cant see them while using the Thermal setting in there helmets. So as far as the first Predator death, he didn’t know it was there. And while the first Predator was being held up in the air, the Celtic Predator switches to the Electro-Magnetic vision mode to see the Alien. The alien only wins the Fight that follows because the predator does not have his primary projectile, the Plasma Caster and is a young warrior, compared to Human 15 year old male.

Another popular complaint is the fact that the Scar Predator doesn't kill Lex. As stated in an earlier review, soft-meat's aren't supposed to defeat hard-meats in a one-on-one fight, of course in this case the soft-meat is the human and the hard-meat is the alien. So when the alien was attacking Lex, the Scar Predator stood by and watched. Once it died, the predator saw her as a warrior; to him she was a better warrior than the two Predators that died before her. The concept isn't difficult to understand if you can think of the Scar Predator as a Human tribal male going though his tribe’s man-hood ritual. He even watched her kill Sebastian out of mercy, as he was held against the wall by the alien hive nodes. He respects her as an equal, and because of this he fights along side her for the late third of the film.

The next popular complaint would be the fact that in Aliens 3, Charles Bishop Wayland was talking Ripley out of committing suicide. That was obviously all a fabrication if you think about what he was saying. He wants to help her, he wants to wipe out aliens also, he wants to make his wrongs right, all of those things are a huge contradiction to the orders from Wayland industries in the previous movies. As Lance Henrickson said about that role, he was simply an advanced model synthetic, and he was trying to trick Ripley so the company could have the Queen Alien in captivity. To believe that he was actually Mr. Wayland in Aliens 3 you'd have to be ignorant to every other order that came from Wayland industries in the entire Alien series.

Most other complaints don’t make sense. "Its cold outside and there wearing small jackets", "Its the same as Freddy Vs. Jason", "Predators cant be killed that easily" and "Why did Paul Anderson direct it?". There are lightweight thermal cloths that all special operation teams around the world use for coats, sleeping bags, and the sort. Just because a reviewer is too poor to be able to afford this material doesn't mean it doesn't exist. The movie is similar to Freddy Vs. Jason in the sense that the abbreviation for versus is in the title. The Predators in this movie were young unseasoned warriors who weren't able to initiate their test properly because the humans took the Plasma Casters and that began everything. And Director Paul W.S. Anderson directed the movie because he wrote it, has spent 10 years developing it, and is one of the few fans that actually respects the genealogy, anatomy and beliefs of both the Alien creatures and the Predators.

I believe this movie truly moved both Predator Lore and Alien Mythology further. Never before have the "reasons" of both of these creatures been depicted so powerfully. The Aliens, referred to as 'Serpents' in AVP because of the sculptures along the walls of the pyramid, are more dominating than ever before. In one scene an Alien Warrior kills two Predators, a definite contradiction to what most audience members were expecting. On the other side, a properly equip Predator dominates the entire movie until he is faced with the task of defeating the Queen, which he still manages to do at the expense of a mortal wound. It was not just another scary movie; it was a film that defined the creatures better than its predecessors.

And finally for those who say there was no winner, The Predators live by a code that is similar to that of Samurai. The Scar Predator, although dead, is honored as completing the trials of man-hood. So if you lack the understandings of Honor and Pride, I suggest you turn to a creature besides the Predator for random gore and kills.

That said AVP has more of a story line, and a deeper meaning behind all the events that happen. Its not just another super villain vs. super villain film, its a story that very beautifully describes the connection between these two amazing creatures.

-Kyle Mesa"

Best answers
im sorry man, it was not that deep. the movie felt completely superficial. it had bad writing and was not very well put together. the whole predator thing was cool and yeah ur right in aspects to what the predator felt, but this movie didnt go deep into the species backgrounds or anything, it could have been alot better...

Best answers
humm there might be spoiler down there, so dont read, but since most of u dont wanna see it cuz its 13 (wow... first time i see ppl judging a movie after the rating but oh well) it wont spoil anything

the start was great... but after the bomb thing, everything went down really really fast, the running away from the explosion... huuuuuuuuuuuuge waste of time, its not suspense or action, every1 know they will make it in time, and its just if the predator and the girl were not making out at the end... and the queen, like 6 aliens bite her to get her free, but when 1 spear go trough her... she(it?) get mad and acting like it hurt alot and go after the girl, and how the pred get off the tail(he got ejected..) when the queen fall down in the water... but if u remove the last 15 minutes of the movie, its not as bad as every1 thinks it is :/ n i was with the aliens, and they owned the pred soooo bad, that might be a reason why i liked it :O

ya there is spoiler....

Best answers
Yeh i thought the movie was like 7.5/10 SPOLIERS

Ok yeh the whole thing with the Chick and the Pred was kinda cheesy but i can understand bout what the one guy that said all that stuff was saying i mean he saw her as his equal and stuff but it was just stupid how they werer running down the tunnel and like u could only see there outlines it reminded me of batman and robin. I do have a great apeal for both species and yes the three preds werent the greatest but the way the first pred died was indeed stupid he should have died how the second one died oh and by the way one pred can beat an alien in combat as i remember very clearly he turned around adn killed one of those face hugger things then was jumped on by the alien. The second pred that died should have died holding of a few aliens or something. And yeh that whole part where the pred took of his helmet i was like "MAKE OUT TIME". so yeh

Best answers
Phobius said:
It was a waste of my money. The whole thing was stupid except for the fact you learn more about the pred and alien past except where the preds come from. NO NEW PRED WEAPONS :(

Do not read below if you don't want a spoiler.

THE ****EN HUMAN CHICK TEAMS UP WITH THE PRED WTF IS UP WITH THAT!!!

No new pred weapons? Are you sure? Cuz from what i remember, i dont remember the Pred ever having a shuriken (sp) I saw it and i gotta say i liked it. I learned more about their past which was cool but i was pretty pissed to find out that those aliens are vicious. Damn are they ever. NO hesitating whatsoever. BUt there were parts when they were fighting which was pretty badass. I was like holy ****! It was cool, i liked it. 4/5 stars for me.

Best answers
ok sorry for reviving a dead thread but didnt want to start a new one, i just saw this movie and man did it blow! I dont judge movies for their ratings but from now on this movie might have urged that......the first fight scene was just a bunch of rolling around......and the ending sucked so bad. the catch frase was right, "Whoever wins, we lose" yes everyone who paid for this movie sure did lose........the second one better get canceled for the better of the studio lol save up the money and make another movie....

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The movie wasn't that bad -_-. You actually get to see how strong the predators are (predator throwing an alien esf style).

The fighting wasnt that good. Im guessing thats mostly cause there were a bunch of teenage predators fighting the perfect killing machine.

I'd give this movie a 6.5/10. Im only giving the movie a low score cause i was hoping for a lot more fighting between the predators and the aliens.

Best answers
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/index.php?Show=2378&Template=newsfull

About the studio's cutting of the film, which he had no control over, he said, and I quote, "All of the best scenes were cut." Anderson was obviously very annoyed at the way the film was released. However, this was not purely because of the PG-13 limitation, which incidentally, the studio enforced THREE WEEKS before the release date! It was always going to be R until then. Part of the reason for the cutting was that some of the effects were not ready by the time the release date came around. The effects team had very little time to do anything.
As far as the content that was cut, apparently we see all those who die, die on screen, but he also said that there is a sub-plot that we will have to wait for on DVD. Yes there will be an R-rated Director's cut DVD although they don't know the release date yet.

Best answers
I stopped reading everyones opinions and comments when I saw most of it was "omg its pg-13 so its going to blow" and that stuff. Mainly people bashing it before they saw it.

Anyway, I saw it, I enjoyed it myself. I mean, there were only 3 Predators, two noob ones and a good one. The noobs got owned by an alien, then the other one opened up a can of whoopass. Not to mention the ending *cough* sequel *cough*

Wasn't the greatest movie ever, but I think it was better than most people in this thread are giving it credit for.

Best answers
There were only 2 fight scenes, kinda sucked. The whole "bomb" thing could've been better. Think about it, if they put the bombs there at the beginning, you just skipped 2 hours :p.

SEBASTIAN DIED ;_;

Best answers
darknavigator said:
There were only 2 fight scenes, kinda sucked. The whole "bomb" thing could've been better. Think about it, if they put the bombs there at the beginning, you just skipped 2 hours :p.

SEBASTIAN DIED ;_;
More like: Who didn't die?

Every single even remotely main character died except one. o_O

As for the bombs, everyone loves bombs. They wouldn't have put them there first because it goes against the predator style. If they had the bombs there, then it wouldn't be a challenge because they know they could easily blow it all up. With it on their arms, it could be disabled, not to mention it takes time to activate.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm waiting for the director's cut.

Alien movies are ment to be R
Predator mvoies are ment to be R

Putting them together you should gte R X 2 but instead you get PG13 :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom