✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
No pics = no prove.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
His reputation counts for a lot, I think. You can't discount who he is or what he did. I'm not saying we should blindly believe what he says without proof, but we certainly shouldn't outright reject it. Also keep in mind that he's not the first astronaut to claim the existence of aliens.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just because you have some reputation doesn't mean you can't lie to get some attention. Unless any proper proof is given, he is as good of a source as any YouTube movie is.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't agree. There's a big difference between Jinx telling me that aliens exist and a respected astronaut who holds the record for the longest moon walk telling me aliens exist. Yes, it's not proof, but one's reputation should hold weight.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm, I'm pretty sure there are aliens because it's just logical for them to be there.
however.. I don't believe it when told like this, I need proof too.

Reputation doesn't change the fact that people LIE!
they do so alot.

Even presidents of the most respected countries in the world lie.

so, really, what does reputation mean?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have to agree with Sub here. This guy has to be a fairly old man now, he's part of American, and world history for what he's achieved. I don't see someone like that doing this for attention. He probably gets enough as it is.

Really, we all know the government has been more than interested in keeping secrets, and I somehow doubt all those secrets are based around technologies we've come up with in a think tank that "the world isn't ready for yet".

I personally find this intriguing. And what he says makes very much sense; if these beings were a hostile race, or out to get our planet's resources, we'd all be dead by now. And likely if they've conquered long distance space travel, they've solved their resource problems long ago. The main reason I can imagine our government or other governments wanting to keep it all quiet is to prevent unecessary public panic. After all, you can't convince everyone of an alien race's innocense. Some religious groups may consider them abominations as well. I can only be grateful to the Catholic's Pope, though not being Catholic myself, for having embraced the concept of intelligent lifeforms beyond our world. With his influence, at least that may have calmed some people.

But I hope these beings know enough about us to understand this kind of misunderstanding and be prepared for possible attack by these paranoids. More than likely they've been careful about open exposure for the same reasons.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I believe aliens exist.

However I also believe this man is a loon.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What does he have to gain by saying aliens exist? He's already a world-renowned astronaut. Saying aliens exist will only make people believes he's bat**** crazy. Compare that to a president who will tell people snow is out to murder everyone so we should attack Antarctica, but who's real reason for going there is to drill oil. He gains something from his lie. Lie enough, and his reputation as a liar will precede him. This particular astronaut obviously hasn't made a career out of lying or else that'd be the main issue here.

Let's not forget that astronauts are highly trained scientists. You don't get to become one because you have a nice smile. I'm not saying outright believe him, but don't dismiss him either. He's seen and experienced far more than any of us have.

Back to what J-Dude was saying, I'm not entirely sure the governments of the world would keep a secret for the public's benefit. If everyone knew the government had no way of protecting us, what reason would we have to keep the people in power around? What use are they to us? And if we're all of a sudden told the truth, we'll all have to come to terms with the fact that our governments have been lying to us for however many years. If they're willing to lie about something this big, what else have they lied to us about?

One domino will follow the other, and in the end, the government's worst fear will come to pass.

Last edited:
brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Who cares if aliens exist... they are apparently too good for us... or scared. :S

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Who cares if aliens exist... they are apparently too good for us... or scared. :S
Why should anyone care about anything that doesn't directly affect them?

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If i recall the last time an astronaut claimed to have witnessed aliens, it was just urine floating in space after being ejected from their own craft. This all just reminds me of the Aurora Project fiasco. Some astronauts have seen wierd stuff, but things arent always what they appear to be, and our brains are wired to jump to conclusions.

To be honest though, i didnt have a clue who this man was until he hit the headlines with this. Perhaps this is a grab for attention , perhaps not. Anecdotal evidence is not evidence, nor is his opinion. Anything he has had to say has all been here-say from the looks of it. His reputation doesnt count for anything, hes a human with an imagination. He is a complex organism capable of complex fault as well as achievement.

There are depts that track UFOs ( i mean cmon, an unidentified flying object is of military interest), it doesnt mean we have little green men. Saying we have little green men seems like something that is said to spark the imagination and divert you from the real issues, such as were building something were not gonna give you a clue about, or were poisoning our staff with radioactive wasted from our experiments, or look a distraction! Why should we listen to this man any more than we listened to Robert Lazar, i mean he actually worked with the aliens technology, not just know a guy who mentioned little green men. If someone wanted to disemminate information in a way that would reinforce an idea, this guy might just be the fella to do it - credible enough to command belief, but fallible enough to invite doubt.

Im all for th probability of life existing beyond our own planet, but i doubt another lifeform would be insync with us. Im skeptical of this man as much as any other bold claim.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why should anyone care about anything that doesn't directly affect them?
Yeah, we basically have to be prodded with a knife to consider any kind of evolution as a species.

It's really sad that we have go to war to breed any ingenuity.

The worse thing for this government would be if aliens could influence the economy.

**** THE DOLLAR!

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just because you have some reputation doesn't mean you can't lie to get some attention. Unless any proper proof is given, he is as good of a source as any YouTube movie is.
I want attention! I've seen aliens too ... and Elvis!

On a serious note, we'll find out if they arrive. If they do, they exist. If they don't, we'll never know. It could go either way.

Although, the universe is insanely large implying that there could be millions of species out there. However, in close proximity of Earth... aliens aren't exactly obvious so I don't think there are many/any near by.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, we basically have to be prodded with a knife to consider any kind of evolution as a species.

It's really sad that we have go to war to breed any ingenuity.

The worse thing for this government would be if aliens could influence the economy.

**** THE DOLLAR!
If they gave us whatever they use to power their ships for free, that'd **** with the world economy in a big way.

G
I'll keep my thoughts on the Freemasons to myself, but suffice it to say I trust this man a lot more than any news reporter or political candidate.. I agree with Nix really, don't trust him outright, but don't assume he's a loony.
However, I don't think whether or not aliens visited Earth is important. I mean, it's more interesting than most the news going around now days, but when it comes down to it there are bigger things to be worrying about.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
However, I don't think whether or not aliens visited Earth is important. I mean, it's more interesting than most the news going around now days, but when it comes down to it there are bigger things to be worrying about.
I feel the opposite. Once aliens officially enter the picture, all of our problems become so much smaller. It's like me telling calling to tell you about some mean guy who lives 2 blocks away from me and how scary he seems while you're off fighting Disney-funded Nazi robots. Kind of puts things into perspective, you know?

If Yoda traveled all the way here and offered to teach us to give us tech that would end our addiction to oil and defensive tech that would render all of our weaponry useless, I'd be pretty excited.

Last edited:
Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't wait to see how this unfolds. I find it scary, exhilarating, and awe inspiring all at once. I personally believe they exist, but I'm not sure what to make of his announcement. I can fully believe that he's tired of lying, near the end of his life, and wants badly to tip the governments hand. I can also see senility at that age, but that proves nothing.

Ultimately its up to the governement to act now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom