Alfred J. Kwak and 3000 Leagues in Search of Mother

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Oh my, all my childhood (and most Israelis) was on this series.

- This show popped up in my mind this morning, mostly because I remembered this show was different. After some research all my speculations came true.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_J_Kwak
The plot part says it all.

It is the best series I remember ever watching. I always felt this series had some kind of social criticism, couldn't point it exactly since I was little, only now, when I think about it now, when im mature, I'm realizing all the information written in the wikipedia article (thought about it before I read it)

So, people among you who did saw this show (I noticed it wasn't aired in the USA at all) what did you think about it?

I personally loved it, I always thought this show had something different, it was deeper, this thoughts stayed with me even until now.

Thinking about watching it again but it isn't aired anymore on public channels :(

- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3000_Leagues_in_Search_of_Mother

This series was in my childhood as well although I never watched all of the episodes, always missed some. It effected me less but it was a great series non the less.

What do you remember from this show? How did it effected you?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Oh my, is it only tattooed in the Israeli childhood experience?

Last edited:
Best answers
Wow, never knew Alfred was big outside the Netherlands. Such a nice 80's cartoon.

ESF Coder
🌠 Staff
Best answers
yeah it was also very popular in austria.
i loved it( well ok i still love it xD )

But there is one tv series i love more...The Animals of Farthing Wood. I love it...this is/was one of the rare tv series where animals stay as animals.( I mean in many tv series you will see animals who are threaten as humans e.g. wearing clothes, driving cars, and so on... )

Another cool tv series was "Captain Planet". It was really entertaining and they tried to save the world with this series. The show told us how we should care about our planet( and this since 1990), but I guess most of the ppl didn't recognize what the tv series wanted to tell us....and what do we have now? al gore, pollusion, greenhouse effect, ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom