Akira Toriyama's Final Anime?

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
According to Mantanweb, Last week at the Tokyo Anime Fair, Akira Toriyama and Hironobu Sakaguchi arrived to discuss the upcoming Blue Dragon anime series (based off the X Box 360 game of the same name), in which Toriyama commented "This may be my final anime".

"It's troubling, don't you think? (laughs). This may be my final anime, I'm a little worried about it. There's incredible pressure, but at the same time, there's a sense of accomplishment -- that it's worth doing. Blue Dragon will be a masterpiece, not simply because I'm working hard on it, but because the staff is expecting nothing less."

Blue Dragon will begin airing on TV Tokyo on April 7th.
Source: http://www.myfavoritegames.com

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The man deserves a medal regardless. I say let him enjoy his accomplishments in peace. :)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He doesn't just do anime, he's done plenty of manga and games design, and childrens books. Im sure he's gonna keep doing them.

Best answers
Akira Toriyama is the best thing out there. Regardless of what he does. From Chrono Trigger to Dr Slump. No matter what he does. A blunt blade doesnt make the shinigami worthless. lol. Anime speciality do not a Toriyama make.

The anime world will miss him. But I sure do hope he keeps at the game designs and manga. :(

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I give it 3 months before he comes back to announce his new project, "Dragonball LOLGTLOL"...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What is this anime about?

Best answers
Itll prolly feature Pan.... whom we all hate.... and trunks.... and a villain who sucks in all the fighters and in the end Goku takes energy from all the human beings and whoops the villains ass. the end.
GT sucks.

Toei should have stopped with DBZ.... Toriyama rules.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What is this anime about?
Most likely it's based on the game, though not a whole lot of information has been released yet.

Here's the plot for the game (copied from Wikipedia):

Each year for the past ten years, purple clouds would appear, and bring disasters to people around the world.

When their village is attacked again Shu, Kluke, and Jiro fight back against the fin that appears to kill the people. However, they discover it is a strange machine. But even after damaging it, it takes them back to the flagship, with the three still on it.

There, they encounter constant attacks from metal soldiers until they discover three orbs of light. After hearing a voice tell them to swallow the orbs, they do and discover their shadows grow into monsters; Kluke's becomes a blue phoenix, Jiro's a blue minotaur, and Shu's a blue dragon. They then fight the ship's captain, Nene, and discover that Nene is behind the yearly attacks on their town. He easilly defeats them, and they can barely make it to an escape capsule. They then land far from home and must then journey to find a way to save their land.

Following their escape from Nene's air fortress, they encounter more people from towns that have also fallen victim to the purple clouds, and decide that they must try to stop Nene from continuing to bring ruin on their world.

Best answers
The story seems dull, but itll probably prove out to be better than expected. Altough im not a big fan of Toriyamas work with the expection of Chrono Trigger, Its still a shame to see a good mangaka retire, but atleast he has earned it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Will people also grow old in this anime?

Because if not I might not tune in.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just finished watching episode one in its RAW format and have no idea what their saying but I do have to say I enjoyed it a lot. I'm hoping someone will do some fan subs soon because its going to be one my to watch list for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom