Akira - Good or Bad?

Best answers
I was bored the other day and decided to watch akira ( Subs version ) and after, i went online to see what other peeps thought of it. I found mixed reviews and was wondering if you were to give a mark out of 10 what would it be? And is the dub version really bad? Cos i only have the subbed version, which i guess will be better, but anyway i would give it 8/10. Your opinons please...

Banned
Banned
Best answers
You can't fault the movie for its animation.
It's considered the best piece of cel-animation, period.

Story-line wise, it's terrific. How many moives start you with a biker gang fight and finish it up with the creation of a new universe?

Now, the quality of the dub depends on which version you're watching.
If you're watching the special edition done by pioneer, then it's a terrific, completely accurate and well done dub.
If its the old one..don't bother.

As for the sub, well...that's extremely accurate and well done, again thanks to Pioneer.

Overall, I'd give it a 9/10.
I knock off a point simply because it CAN be a confusing movie, and most people don't like it because they don't understand it.
I'd also do a full review, but I'm not sure what version you'd have.
So..youu have my heavily abridged version :D

Best answers
the movie rock. i gave it a 7 because 8 9 10 not been made in my eyes. But 7 1/2 goes to kenshin

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I gave it a 9 and not a 10 because of the "abridgiments" from the comic storyline. Akira should have been twice as long . . . it would have curbed much of the confusion.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
akira IS the bext movie, only one that comes close is princess mononoke

Banned
Banned
Best answers
Even IF you hate the plot(which I don't see how you could unless you simply don't understand it), you have to appreciate the animation.
It is, simply put, THE best piece of cel-animation ever.
Its got something close to.........I wanna say 88,000 animation cels.
That's some detail, folks.

Plus, the soundtrack is amazing.
It has some of the best music I've heard in awhile..it's completely different than everything I've heard.

Lid

L
Originally posted by Tepus
akira IS the bext movie, only one that comes close is princess mononoke
*cough* Ninja Scroll *cough*

I give Akira 9/10 just because Tetsuo who was nearly as powerful as Akira got hurt by whats his names gun in the final scenes

Originally posted by PepSpank
5/10 cuz i never seem to watch it from the beginning
So ur rating a movie u haven;t seen all the way through?

Banned
Banned
Best answers
5 out of 10 simply because you haven't seen it from the beginning? That's the dumbest thing I've heard in a long time..

Anyway..
Tetsuo wasn't as powerful as Akira, I don't think. WEll..he might of had the potential to be LIKE Akira..but I KNOW he wasn't as powerful as Akira at the end of the movie.

Either way....before Tetsuo lost all control of his powers and boy, he was still freaking powerful.
I wish I was pre-blob Tetsuo....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom