✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
It seems that in this community...people determine everything about a person, primarly by age.

This bothers me, since I am Mature, and intelligent, yet if i tell someone my age, they will label me as a "kid".

This is something i just had to say, it was really bothering me...

If a person can comprehend our language, spell, and act maturally...

Then don't treat them differently because of age...

I would like some replies... and PM me if you must know my age :\

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To me, maturity is in this case, is having the ability to take the "kid" label and live with it.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Synth said:
To me, maturity is in this case, is having the ability to take the "kid" label and live with it.
The label "kid' is not what bothers me, but the fact that they put me in a group...and picture me as a little child..

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It shouldn't matter to you... if you consider the basis of the definition behind maturity.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
True but it seems, like many people, i care too much about other peoples image of me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
people label you as a kid because you Are a kid in the end. just like im treated like a kid by those older than myself, just a fact of life, you cant expect people to treat you like an adult when in heart you are still an inexperianced youth.

as some would say, act your age xD

Best answers
u may have the mind of a 40 year old, but in the end, u r still physically a kid and you will have to live with that until u grow out of that kid body

Best answers
Heck, I'm only 15 and I don't think I'm (too) annoying. It doesn't really matter how old you are, just how you act.

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
SuperDragonFist said:
Heck, I'm only 15 and I don't think I'm (too) annoying. It doesn't really matter how old you are, just how you act.

You have NO idea, do you :p

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
becuase "kids" still have tantram's and complain, like this thread, live with it, untill you're older, then you can call younger ppl kids -_-

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Synth said:
Thats highly true, prove you really are mature by dealing with the sterotype and showing that you are better than it.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
people in these days are generalizing evrybody if a 13 old kid it's DUM and IDIOT and a total waste of space in the universe older people take the other kids alike (forget that they were in that stance too)so generalizing suks judge a person by his braing not by the looks ,here by how they post!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think kids need to realise, that no matter how mature they think they are, they are only mature in comparison to their peer's. and because they are jsut kids, they havent had the life experience that older people do.

hence, your opinions are taken into considderation, but usually no further, because our own experiance is often far greater than yours.

oh, and intelligence doesnt go hand in hand with maturity. look at that kid who had a degree when he was 12, and now look at him =/

tough fact i know. but you only get older ;)

Best answers
i think kids need to realise, that no matter how mature they think they are, they are only mature in comparison to their peer's
I think this hits the nail on the head. I would say between the age of 11-16, I always thought I was a really mature person, but it's only in retrospect that I realise that I was still pretty child like, and it's only in recent years that I've started to truely understand what maturity is, and is not. I wouldn't worry too much about it if I were you. If you really want to be mature, then a good place to start would be to not let little things like this get to you. If people are treating you like a kid, then it's more than likely because you're acting like a kid, not because they know your age.

Best answers
I like to think I'm mature, but I know that I'd still much rather be able to act stupid and not have responsibilities. Being a kid was fun, even if I did get in trouble for having a messy room or staying up late. Now that I'm 18 and have to pay tax/board etc, being a kid again seems a whole lot more appealing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hell, I'm 14. People call me a kid and whatnot, but I could care less. Whose the big people outside mowing the lawn and doing the yardword while the little person is inside trying to beat God of War? :]

ReMember
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I'm 15 too but i dont whine as much as you do, 15 is a good age get used to it

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just think of it this way:

You have 17 years of being a kid.

you have about 70-90 years of being a mature, grown adult. Just enjoy being a kid.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Kaination said:
You have 17 years of being a kid.
No, you have 18 years of being a kid ;/

I'm 15 and I generally think of myself as mature. And I somewhat see your point of view, although before I started maturing I never really thought of it that way. I never cared (Nor do I now) about how people look at me. You can call me a kid all you want, it doesn't bother me, and it shouldn't bother you either. In the end, you'll always be a kid to those that are older and wiser than you, until you've experienced the things they have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom