After Death

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I believe in reincarnation and I believe each lifetime is geared towards learning a particular lesson or set of lessons. When you've learned all that you can learn during that lifetime, you accept your fate and eventually die. After you die, you go to some place. I don't know what place, but I don't believe in heaven or hell and all of the stigmas attached to the two, so I'll continue calling it a place.

In this place you can choose to hang out and reflect on what you've learned, and maybe continue studying whatever it is you meant to study before you last went to Earth. Maybe you choose what set of lessons you believe you should learn in your next lifetime, or maybe you're given a set of lessons by someone else. A higher being, maybe. Perhaps someone who's done his time, who's completed his cycle and has stayed behind to help those who need it.

When you're ready, you choose to return to the land of living, and based on your level, you're either returned to Earth as a human, or whatever is a step or several steps above humanity. It depends on how far along your path you are. I'm not sure what the ultimate goal in such a venture would be, though.

If you aren't ready to return to the land of the living, you can simply hang out or travel around. Maybe see the people you were closest to before you died. If you're strong enough, you can show yourself to them as you existed before you died, but because they don't remember what came before their return to the physical realm and because they don't remember what will happen after, they call you a ghost. After all, you're dead, no?

When you feel it is time to return to the land of the living, or someone else tells you it is time, you are reborn and your memories are either erased or suppressed. Why? So as not to taint your ability to learn with past experiences, biases and such. The lessons you've learned, however, are still with you, and because you've learned them once before, you are able to relearn them at a much faster pace and much earlier in life, giving you plenty of time to go about learning new things from a new perspective.

Maybe this explains why geniuses exist. Maybe this explains why children and adults who undergo hypnosis are able to name people and places and intricate details that they shouldn't know unless they were actually there.

Or maybe all of this is completely wrong and I'm just bored. We'll find out eventually.

Back from the shadows
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Nice theory,
I loved how you explained it.
I was kinda going for my own theory, one which was very related with yours.
You got ahead of me though.

Best answers
I believe in reincarnation and I believe each lifetime is geared towards learning a particular lesson or set of lessons. When you've learned all that you can learn during that lifetime, you accept your fate and eventually die. After you die, you go to some place. I don't know what place, but I don't believe in heaven or hell and all of the stigmas attached to the two, so I'll continue calling it a place.

In this place you can choose to hang out and reflect on what you've learned, and maybe continue studying whatever it is you meant to study before you last went to Earth. Maybe you choose what set of lessons you believe you should learn in your next lifetime, or maybe you're given a set of lessons by someone else. A higher being, maybe. Perhaps someone who's done his time, who's completed his cycle and has stayed behind to help those who need it.

When you're ready, you choose to return to the land of living, and based on your level, you're either returned to Earth as a human, or whatever is a step or several steps above humanity. It depends on how far along your path you are. I'm not sure what the ultimate goal in such a venture would be, though.

If you aren't ready to return to the land of the living, you can simply hang out or travel around. Maybe see the people you were closest to before you died. If you're strong enough, you can show yourself to them as you existed before you died, but because they don't remember what came before their return to the physical realm and because they don't remember what will happen after, they call you a ghost. After all, you're dead, no?

When you feel it is time to return to the land of the living, or someone else tells you it is time, you are reborn and your memories are either erased or suppressed. Why? So as not to taint your ability to learn with past experiences, biases and such. The lessons you've learned, however, are still with you, and because you've learned them once before, you are able to relearn them at a much faster pace and much earlier in life, giving you plenty of time to go about learning new things from a new perspective.

Maybe this explains why geniuses exist. Maybe this explains why children and adults who undergo hypnosis are able to name people and places and intricate details that they shouldn't know unless they were actually there.

Or maybe all of this is completely wrong and I'm just bored. We'll find out eventually.
What about when a baby doesn't make it to birth(abortion, death after birth from a medical cause, ect), is that because his LSP(figure it out, it isnt hard) disconnected him? lol

Thats a serious question btw, i just added the LSP for fun, and for the people who dont understand the LSP refrence, it would be the same as ISP(Internet service provider, but with life...therefore the L would take the I's place).....oooOooooOo funny huh?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I still think that the whole idea of an eternal afterlife/paradise is pretty horrible.
Even if you could have everything you want (and I mean everything) I'd be bored after one (human) year, if not earlier.

And if you look at it closely, everything we feel/experience can be reduced to chemical reactions in our brain causing electrical impulses.
If you die, that stops. Near death experiences are caused by the brain going haywire, releasing lots of stuff and hormone making you have on hell of a trip.
Since experiences and religious concepts influence each of us (even atheists) these trips might always look like teh paradise.

And if there's an eternal afterlife, life itself becomes rather pointless, Why life this limited life if paradise lies behind?
Even hell would sound more awesome than this life, since everyone know all the hot chicks are bad girls.
(I know this totally contradicts my first sentence)
With that idea. imagine how many are playing WoW in heaven OMFG ..i can't wait to die!

See ya guys, I'm going to be playing wow for a long...long time!

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Death is like pre-birth. Don't remember what that was like? Exactly. That's death.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
well death of physica vessel.. i think were all connected so.... go from their

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Eh, I have my own weird beliefs but I don't really fret.

If you weren't worried about where you were before you born then don't worry about what happens about after you die.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I wonder what the Nix says about death. I'd probably go by that.

G
afterlife? Very optimistic.

I believe that after you die blood stops going to your brain, your nerves stop reacting.. That's it. You're gone. You can't have a subconscious because your brain is dead. That's all you are really, a series of chemical reactions coming to logical conclusions. Your mind isn't some para-human spirit that will live on. It's hard to imagine the world without yourself in it because you see everything from your own perspective, but as soon as you're dead, you've got nothing else to experience. That's it, scary as it is. I don't feel the need to try and escape or distract from that reality.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
afterlife? Very optimistic.

I believe that after you die blood stops going to your brain, your nerves stop reacting.. That's it. You're gone. You can't have a subconscious because your brain is dead. That's all you are really, a series of chemical reactions coming to logical conclusions. Your mind isn't some para-human spirit that will live on. It's hard to imagine the world without yourself in it because you see everything from your own perspective, but as soon as you're dead, you've got nothing else to experience. That's it, scary as it is. I don't feel the need to try and escape or distract from that reality.
Sure it's scary as hell, but yes, it's going to happen so we as humans shouldn't be to focused on it.
anyway, your describing really overlaps with mine on the subject.
I'm not alone \o/

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sure it's scary as hell, but yes, it's going to happen so we as humans shouldn't be to focused on it.
anyway, your describing really overlaps with mine on the subject.
I'm not alone \o/
Yes, if I thought about death for too long, I'd become depressed :(. If we're just a bunch of chemical reactions, interpreting our senses through electrical currents; a factory of biological information, and that just "turns off" one day...Then what's the point? Love, excitement, pleasure; they are all just my brain telling my body to release certain chemicals. Yeah it feels good, but at the end of the day, I'm a machine processing information.

Not that I think that way, I just think that some people would break it down like that if they felt life was just one big orgy of chemical reactions...

...Which it is! I see all that information as "how", but we still do not know "why". People sometimes mix the two, which does not really work out all the time. Why create a planet with life? Why is it just this one planet so far? Why do we have the ability to create more than the rest of the organisms on earth? Why are there so many different types of organisms? Why do our genes try to adapt just so our species will survive?

And that romantic question to an elusive answer is enough to get me through life.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How come death is scary? In the end it doesn't matter what happens after death, it matters what you think of about death, before death. If thinking that your brain is just a couple of chemical reactions makes you scared, well...simply don't think of it like that. Think of death how you would want death to be. Want it to be all flowery, bloomy and godlike, who stops you from thinking like that? And if there really is no life after death, well, you at least won't remember that you were actually wrong.

I myself don't care about death. Simply for the fact that if I am dead, I am dead and there is absolutely no point in thinking of that at this moment. When the time comes eventually, I will start thinking of it.

Death is inevitable, don't think of dying. Think of living instead.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, if I thought about death for too long, I'd become depressed :(. If we're just a bunch of chemical reactions, interpreting our senses through electrical currents; a factory of biological information, and that just "turns off" one day...Then what's the point? Love, excitement, pleasure; they are all just my brain telling my body to release certain chemicals. Yeah it feels good, but at the end of the day, I'm a machine processing information.
Yes but a very complex biological machine!:)

Sound Artist
Best answers
Feel free to take this with a grain of salt.. My personal belief is that when you die, being saved will yield an eternity in heaven or not being saved and forever existing with torment and anguish in hell. The alternative being just like any other non-sentient being and dying, ceasing to exist. Either one sounds good to me. If there really is nothing after death, then you'll simply cease to exist, sounds kind of peaceful to me. However, being creatures that only know existence would probably find it hard to comprehend non-existence.

That reminds me of something i picked up years ago:
What is a state of nothingness? Knowing any reply will have to use words which then can be defined as 'something' we could go on endlessly about if a definition of nothingness exist then it must be something, not nothing.
However that is not the answer sought here. More so the question being asked is: as we exist in a state of existence, is it at all possible to understand what nonexistence would be? It seems unlikely because our definition for everything stems from a state of existence and for one to understand nonexistence, one would have to be nonexistent. However, if one were non existent there would be nothing to understand because it simply wouldn't be.
That understood, in a state of existence, one cannot understand nonexistence and in a state of nonexistence, there exists nothing to be understood.

Last edited:
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That understood, in a state of existence, one cannot understand nonexistence and in a state of nonexistence, there exists nothing to be understood.
I understand that there's nothing to be understood.

Case closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom