african debts canceled

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
now lets see how long it lasts >_>

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
now lets see how long it lasts >_>
I hope it would last. It pisses me off how the Canadian government promises and promotes foreign aid, while we dont even meet our own recommendations.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it's sad that they are even in such a bad state, nice to see somethign like this instead of more terrorist attack stuff.

But I hope we don't get too caught up in foriegn affairs, cuz USA could use some sprucing up as well.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
USA isn't even as close as down-and-out as countries as Nigeria are. We still have resources and government related programs to help the needy.

They have nothing but their own free will to survive, which makes stuff like Live 8 a noble act of global morality.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wait it was Live 8? Huh...I kept thinking it was live aid...Though there are many countries that aren't as forturnate as the US, I'm just sayin that even though recognizing and aiding the needy is a great deed, but there are still places in the US that could use some as well.

I usually here about 'baby steps' on helping countries, but the release of debt and doubling of aidding to Africa is good to see. But what confuses me, is how did the poor countries in Africa reach the point they are at now?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
as kind and gracious an act it is. i dont see it helping in the long run. they will run up another debt. we will have another liveaid event. bob geldhof will be jumping out of his wheelchair in protest at the stuck up government view.

in the end. handouts help no one. instead of throwing money and ait at africa, we should throw teachers and lawbooks, so at least they can have a civilised society, free from dictatorship, and actually learn how to take care of themselves. instead of relying on us to do it >_>

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Money allows teachers and lawbooks to be produced in the language these countries read and speak.

All in all, these countries will eventually develop a balance, and will return the favor in maybe producing a geo-chemist who figures out the meaning of life or something, all because we sent them the money to fund the schooling/education he needed to realize this theory maybe considered factual.

We need to involve everyone and anyone we can, if we are to succeed as a race in this universe.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What's to say there won't be a Live 9?

Also, if they are no longer in debt, their own economy can now produce this money I speak of.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
instead of throwing money and ait at africa, we should throw teachers and lawbooks, so at least they can have a civilised society, free from dictatorship
Thats kinda funny considering that they didnt have dictatorships, or roving bands of geurillas as it is in some cases, ruling the country until we arrived down there to give them a civilized society. The Rowandan genocide was the result of prejudices created by the Belgians (if I am remembering things correctly) who used to rule there.

Best answers
in the end. handouts help no one. instead of throwing money and ait at africa, we should throw teachers and lawbooks, so at least they can have a civilised society, free from dictatorship, and actually learn how to take care of themselves. instead of relying on us to do it >_>
Quoted.

The problem with giving aid to Africa is that the governments there are mostly corrupt, and don't do with it what they should do, and that is fighting poverty. Instead most of the time they would put it towards other things, and alienate other countries because they think they're just throwing money away for nothing.
The new aid will not be repaid, all of the countries giving money know that. Africa won't be paying off debts because these will be cancelled just like the last were.

And Live 8 was to correspond with the G8 meeting, so unless the Great Eight countries become the Great Nine, there won't be a Live 9 =p

But I did sign up to the One campaign and I also ordered some Wrist bands. It was really nice to see the world unite on a good cause. Had the London bombings not happened, I think a lot more would have been done for Africa. That was the first G8 meeting since 9/11 that wasn't focused on terrorism, and was focused on ending poverty, and I think because of the bombings something like this won't happen again until the world is more secure, which is really unfortunate.

fortnox said:
they can start by executing GWB
Just pointing out the blatent violation of the AUP since he is provoking a political flame war again, I decided not to make it an issue this time, since last time I got a warning for standing up for my country.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright, alright. Simmer down, and let's keep this on topic. Fortnox, that comment, while not necessarily incendiary in its own right, is out of place in this thread. We can save such things for "America/Americans Suck" threads (which will of course be promptly closed).

Tassadar, thank you for bringing it to our attention; in the future a tell to one of us will suffice. Impartial and objective discussion is absolutely VITAL during these sorts of threads; a more flaming version of this sort of response is exactly what the AUP is trying to prevent.

Discuss things objectively or don't discuss them at all; those are really the only two options. Sorry to jack the thread; lets get things back on track.

That being said, next person to mention something other than the related topics in this thread, is getting a warning from the Dead Mod.

Best answers
I think its pointless clearning africa debt cuz like Mad_Axman said they will just get them self back in it again, I still remember when they kicked our farmers off their lands who were "helping" them and giving them food and then starving to dead and begging for help again. All that money they will be getting off other countrys wont go towards africa it will go into the big mans poket and there is nothing we/you can do about it cuz we agreed to give them it in the first place. Everyone is hung up on helping africa and clearning this debt what about the debt in the likes of middle east lots of them are 3d world and have huge debt, and yes even the USA has a huge debt with England why dont we clear that, because in the end whats the point cuz it will just get ran up again and again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom