Afew things I never understood.

Best answers
Why did the team put in buggy and half completed maps. I'm not *****ing about it. Just trying to understand the thinking around it. For instance Tree of might map (not to mention that forest map) had tons of invisable walls /holes in the ground that would get you killed alot. I know if I didn't like it I didn't have to play that map, but most of the good servers had that in their rotation.

Why do other fights always gravitate toward your fight. I could be in a corner fighting with one person and then BAM two other people interfere. Its like some unspoken law of esf that a fight is a magnet for others to join in. Free for all games were possibly the most random fights i've ever been in. Just alittle annoying when trying to kill that Krillen thats multibeam spaming.

:]

ESF Coder
🌠 Staff
Best answers
about the maps: its OPEN BETA, which means -> buggy, unstable, ...
and about the other thing: all i can say is "1.3 will solve this problem" ;)

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
ToM was in 1.2 though
I personally would've left it out but it wasn't my call anyways (nor my map for that matter :p)
About invisible walls and clipping errors .. you can never completely get rid of them. Its an engine/bsp tree issue.

Busy Busy Busy
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
about the maps: its OPEN BETA, which means -> buggy, unstable, ...
and about the other thing: all i can say is "1.3 will solve this problem" ;)
Correct. Everyone basically got a snapshot of our inteam.

Best answers
MONX,

I'd have to argue that the nature of Free-For-All fighting lends itself to interrupted battles. If someone sees you fighting in a corner, they're going to realize that someone is losing and they can probably get a beam in there and take you both out or at least pick off the weak one -- it's all about increasing their own PL after all. It may be frustrating to have your fights interrupted, but if it really gets on your nerves that much, make a server with a 2-person max limit and do 1v1. ;)

Best answers
MONX,

I'd have to argue that the nature of Free-For-All fighting lends itself to interrupted battles. If someone sees you fighting in a corner, they're going to realize that someone is losing and they can probably get a beam in there and take you both out or at least pick off the weak one -- it's all about increasing their own PL after all. It may be frustrating to have your fights interrupted, but if it really gets on your nerves that much, make a server with a 2-person max limit and do 1v1. ;)
Thanks, but i'm not saying it annoys me to the point where I want to chuck the monitor out the window. Just that it was odd that another fight IE: 2 people fighting somehow merge with the fight i'm already in. Wich leads to newbs autopunching you, taking your out of the fight. You can't tell me autopunching newbs don't annoy you alittle. Love it when they fly into beam attacks i'm trying to throw back. :tired:

Thanks for the input masta and DJ. I just thought it odd that the map was never fixed (or taken out to fix) in the small updates. I also know how hard it is to make a map (I tryed it once and only made a dark box :] ) and its never fullproof. I guess i'm just jaded on the map since it got me killed so many times. Not to mention a person playing Buu would just shoot beams from the branches/treetop. :devgrin:

One more thing: Trunks and ssj trunk's pants are diffrent. :shocked:

(Still a great mod and thanks for the effort put into it by the team.)

Best answers
Hm.

The only reason I might fly into another person's fight is because they're typically -not- contained in the corner of the map. I use the whole map when I fight someone so it's hard not to run into other people. Also, I know that flying through two other people makes the person chasing me lose track so I can loop back around and auto-pun... I mean not auto-punch them. :)

Best answers
Yes I too use the whole map. Gets abit chaotic no? Another thing I don't get is why buu has candy beam? Sure its in the show and is cool, but it really makes him imblanced. A skilled player can never die as buu! Wich brings me as to why have diffrent candies? Why not have just one that gives him alittle (insted of alot to one) to all 3 stats?

As for cell, I don't really recall him using Gallet gun. Cell Jrs yes, cell not so much. As well as freeza's pink disk. :confused:

AND WHY DOSEN"T VEGETA GET HIS PINK SHIRT?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cause Vegeta looks *** in that.

Didnt notice trunks pants though.

Best answers
Cause Vegeta looks *** in that.

Didnt notice trunks pants though.
Are you kidding? The "Bad Man" written on the back is what makes the shirt!

Here stare at this until you agree.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you kidding? The "Bad Man" written on the back is what makes the shirt!
Have you ever wondered why he never wore it afterwards? There was a model with him in the shirt on ESFworld but it was pretty grim.

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes I too use the whole map. Gets abit chaotic no? Another thing I don't get is why buu has candy beam? Sure its in the show and is cool, but it really makes him imblanced. A skilled player can never die as buu! Wich brings me as to why have diffrent candies? Why not have just one that gives him alittle (insted of alot to one) to all 3 stats?

As for cell, I don't really recall him using Gallet gun. Cell Jrs yes, cell not so much. As well as freeza's pink disk. :confused:

AND WHY DOSEN"T VEGETA GET HIS PINK SHIRT?

Men in pink o_O how bizarr - IS THAT OKAAAY ???

Best answers
Gallit gun is used in his first form, against Piccolo. Frieza's disk is used against Goku, I think, in the 'tournament'. The rest of the Z-crew comments on how it's not Krillin's disc. For most of the attacks I do I use reference movies from the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom