Advertisments in CS

Best answers
Meh....can't be that bad.Just concentrate on you game o_O

Btw,I think most NEW threads were deleted due to the site crashing,

-GuZzie

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As I said before

the last thing on my mind while playing cs is if I want to increase my penis by ten fold.

Or buy the newest car.

Plus, de_aztec would look plain out retarded with advertisements over it. I mean, it's a ****ing aztec place and it has a "DU U WNT BIGR PENIS? LOL!" billboard smack dab in the middle, lol.

Another thing is, I bet they figured 'Well, a lot of people have CS now, and we aren't making as much money as we used to. Lets add advertisements!'

Another thing is, do they REALLY think someone is going to stop going long a, read about some college for computer science, then go call? I doubt anyone's gonna do anything besides spray over it.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Meh, just spray over those advertisements in cs with my own advertising or sprays :).

Best answers
LOL @ KAIN
LOL @ OVERLORD

Hahahah,thats hallarious.Anyways,there must be a way to actually get RID of the advertisments...i'm pretty sure someone will crack it.

-GuZzie

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LOL @ KAIN
LOL @ OVERLORD

Hahahah,thats hallarious.Anyways,there must be a way to actually get RID of the advertisments...i'm pretty sure someone will crack it.

-GuZzie
Can't really crack it, lol. Chances are they'll change the maps or something.

edit:

me said:
I doubt anyone's gonna do anything besides spray over it.
overlord said:
Meh, just spray over those advertisements in cs with my own advertising or sprays :)
;_;

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
cs really sucks the weapons sucks the best game team shoter it's Hostile Intent

Best answers
John,what did your last post have to do with the thread itself >_<
Hahah,random post Lol.

Anyways,I wouldn't mind advertisements on CS. Might catch a campers eyes then BOOM HEAD SHOT. Could come in as a benifit.

But I would HATE to see advertisments on ESF Maps >_> Instead of the Cell arena you have a Goat Weed advertisment. ^_^

-GuZzie

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was just saying that CS sucks he does not need anymore advartaising

Best answers
Are you kidding. CS is one of the "most-played" games in the world. It's been around for 7 years and hasn't lost it's popularity. Do you really think people would start putting advertisements on a game that's been around for 7 years?
No, But CS is a different case. It's still going, and therefore they're putting adds on to purswade people to do what the add wants them to do. Tones of people place CS. It's all about buisness my friend. They need people [ Us ] to make their buisness happen.

-GuZzie

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For crying out loud, what are you all whining? You will NEVER see "do you want a penis enlargement" ad in a game, as it would harm the company's reputation. Also, does it matter if there are ads in a game? No, as you shoot people in CS, not ads. Don't like what they are advertising? NEWS FLASH, you don't have to buy what they advertise. Don't mind the damn ads, play the game.

Best answers
I agree with Sicron and if you read the article they also say:
Counter-Strike levels aren't going to turn into Times Square or a Nextel Cup racecar. We have control over what ads show up in Counter-Strike and how they are presented.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For crying out loud, what are you all whining? You will NEVER see "do you want a penis enlargement" ad in a game, as it would harm the company's reputation. Also, does it matter if there are ads in a game? No, as you shoot people in CS, not ads. Don't like what they are advertising? NEWS FLASH, you don't have to buy what they advertise. Don't mind the damn ads, play the game.
It's just the point. How would you like it if they put commercials in the middle of movie theater screenings? You cannot give an inch on this because I know the advertising industry; it will take ten miles. I bet in our lifetime there will be games with ads during load screens taking up valuable load time; there will be other ads that will probably flat out stop the game.

I don't want it. I mean, when I play a board game a commercial doesn't pop up in my face while it isn't my turn. When I play a tabletop game or a PNP game they don't have a banner ad across the top of the paper. Why should video games be any different?

Best answers
It's just the point. How would you like it if they put commercials in the middle of movie theater screenings? You cannot give an inch on this because I know the advertising industry; it will take ten miles. I bet in our lifetime there will be games with ads during load screens taking up valuable load time; there will be other ads that will probably flat out stop the game.
You can't compare it to them putting commercials in the middle of the movie. You can compare it to subtle ads during the movie. Maybe a billboard or a type of phone everyone uses. Since that's exactly what it's like, it's nothing to get frustrated at.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Comparing this to a commericial in the middle of the movie is BS as said above. A commercial interrupts the movie and shows you the ad. While ads in a game probably won't interrupt you from the game play, you will just see some kind of billboard that shows the ad, nothing else and it won't distract you unless you really pay attention to it.

Best answers
The reason people are so pissed is because we already paid for the game. To add advertisements is like another tax. They got money from us, and now they want to push products on us to make more money.

Frankly I think it's bull****. I already paid around 70 bucks for the entire HL2 package, and now I have to deal with in-game ads? People don't buy consoles expecting to have advertisement stickers on their PS3 or Wii. And I didn't buy HL2 thinking I'd have to see ads in-game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
as long as they don't put Big Sprite adverts with neon colors, it's ok to play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom