Advertisements

Best answers
Ok this might be a stupid question but I am just asking. It is my nature to look at problems from the financial way, studying economics and all that, so here it goes. A big problem for ESF is financing, ofcourse. Greg is great with Oktagone to host the site and forums and by that sponsoring one hell of alot. But still i read somewhere that it costs you like 250 $ a year on the ESFORCES.COM servers out there. I think it is great that the team pays this, definately worth it if you look how many people use it and have fun playing on it. But why doesn't ESF advertise??? Next to the advertisement that is on for Oktagone, which still should be kept as being most important. But for example SoS has got an advertisement on its forums (they probably dont get any money for it as it is from their webhost) why doesn't ESF does the same, just to pay for their expenses. Or is it because funiMation would close ESF down or something, cuz i read somewhere that you can't make a profit out of it. But you are not selling the game with advertisements, you are then only making money for your website. So is this a possibility, and if so, why isn't it implemented/checked out because with the traffic this site has a day it would be quite the advertisement site.

Ps. I dont know if this is the right section because it also has to do with ESF, but still off-topic seemed appropriate.

Please tell me what you guys think.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Um I'm confused, what do you mean by advertise? I mean ESF is a non-profit modification, how would advertising make it any money? o_O

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Like in racing. You have sponsors on your race car, and they give you a sum of money to advertise for them. So if ESF offers to advertise for someone, they might give them a sum of money for doing so.
(I think thats what lamm is suggesting)

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Aah, I understand now. Sorry, not quite awake. :D

Sounds like a pretty good idea to me, but wouldn't Greg have done this already if there wasn't some sort of problem to it?

Best answers
mp you totally got what i meant with my post. And Engar, well that is what i am asking, has there been looked into this possibility and if yes why isnt it implemented. that is all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom