Adventures

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I talked about this with a friend for like an hour or two. We have realized that in our times the chances of you getting in an adventure are pretty slim.

When im saying adventure it could be anything, you are a captured soldier in a war and you successfully escape from your captives, your mother has left to work in the other corner of the world and you as a young child try to find her (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3000_Leagues_in_Search_of_Mother, of course its not likely to be hard to find her nowadays), or even escaping from your country to some other country as a refugee.

As it seems to me, the more modern the country is, it is less likely you will come across a adventure of your own. I am sure it was much more likely to come across a crisis which will force you to get into some kind of an adventure in order to take care of that crisis 1000 years ago, especially with their long travels.

I am not saying it doesn't exist anymore, of course not, but it seems the more modern the place you live in is, the less likely you will come across such a thing and routine will dominate your life. (I would consider Africans that escape their country on foot to Europe is some kind of an adventure)

This conversation was started by talking about Star Wars adventures and other works of fiction as well and even fantasy in general.

It just seems our lives become more and more routine and hardly spontaneous.

Express yourselves.

Last edited:
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"...you are a captured soldier in a war and you successfully escape from your captives
This is not an adventure.

If you want to go on an adventure, just go on one. If "adventures" are less common today, its only because people are less willing to go on one. Risk vs reward and all that. Yeah, I could drop myself into the middle of the Amazon and land nav my ass out of there, but what's the point?

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And thus, i play Video Games.

Welcome to the real world.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I used to walk around the woods.

I might have seen a squirrel or was attacked by mosquitos.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My adventure was leaving home for 6 months to find out who I was and what I wanted in life. I left North Carolina to live in Seattle with some friends where everyday was adventure. If it wasn't crack dealers outside of the apartments it was cops investigating the place next door for drugs. Thus I figured out what I wanted and who I was and that is "Someone who wants to live" so I went home and now the only adventuring I do is in the Army Base behind my house.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pack your bags with only the necesairy stuff, and start walking, living from part time jobs along the way. When you get round the world, then congrats you have been on an adventure.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm going on an adventure in about 5 minutes, leaving for the train station, public transportation \o/
I'm excited, and a bit scared. I'll post a log tomorrow, I've I'm still alive... and have arrived.

Best answers
Life is one big adventure it's just you who needs to turn off your computer walk out your room and your adventure can start ;-)

Force Pit Member
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
To one person, an adventure as others would see it is just life as he or she sees it. It's only after a series of events unfold that others view what you did and declare it an adventure.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In a society that has abandoned adventure, the only adventure left is to abandon society.

Or so I hear.
As i said. Pack your bags, and go round the world by working part time at your every stop to make enough cash to get to the next stop. Thats as adventures as you can get without dropping into the middle of a jungle with only a knife.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
As i said. Pack your bags, and go round the world by working part time at your every stop to make enough cash to get to the next stop. Thats as adventures as you can get without dropping into the middle of a jungle with only a knife.
Gimme an MP3 player with infinite battery supply, put all the DMC,UT tracks on it, drop me in the middle of some city ruins with armed criminals. You won't get to see an adventure but you'll laugh your ass off when i try to jump over bullets and find out that there is no respawn.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I guess living alone in a College dorm is pretty much an adventure in itself. Especially if its far away and its your first time.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Forgive my stupidity here, but would that actually work? Suppose I just up and left my house, wouldn't I still have to pay taxes and insurance and everything? How does that work? Pretty much everyone is "in the system", if you know what I mean. If I made the conscious decision to leave my stuff behind, would that be "allowed"? It's kind of hard to explain what I mean, but I hope you get my point. Like for example, over here you are required by law to have health insurance, nobody can go without. If I sold my house, where would they send my bills? :p Stuff like that. I wonder how that would work.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Forgive my stupidity here, but would that actually work? Suppose I just up and left my house, wouldn't I still have to pay taxes and insurance and everything? How does that work? Pretty much everyone is "in the system", if you know what I mean. If I made the conscious decision to leave my stuff behind, would that be "allowed"? It's kind of hard to explain what I mean, but I hope you get my point. Like for example, over here you are required by law to have health insurance, nobody can go without. If I sold my house, where would they send my bills? :p Stuff like that. I wonder how that would work.
Kick it like Ryu and walk. I thought about it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Me too but then I realized I hate walking and love sleeping indoors.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Me too but then I realized I hate walking and love sleeping indoors.
But all those serial rapists are waiting for a new victim...

Yea... i have a weird sense of humor. I guess that explains why i don't have many friends

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't mind sleeping in a Tint and I love walking.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

You arnt leaving forever. Think of it as an extended trip. That can take you even up to a few years to complete ^^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Didn't answer my question though. D:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom