Advanced throwing...

Best answers
OK it's basically like this:

it's not exactly throwing

you grab your opponent and you're still able to swoop. When u get to a wall/floor, u can slam the opponent against it. After that, if you still have ki left, u can swoop to another spot and slam him again (that's right, you don't let go!). The opponent would have to hold primary fire button to "recover" either from the slam or the swooping while being held by your character.

To avoid spamming, it would take a good gulp of ki, like... 30% or so. When you run out of ki, you throw the opponent away, which will take like 10 to 15% of stamina. If you don't have enough stamina, the opponent hits you. You might wanna consider it being done only when the opponent is running low on stamina (tired state). So, in conclusion, it's strong and much more useful than the 1.2 throw, but risky because u run real low on ki real quick (again, to avoid spamming).

What do you think? o.o

Still haven't thought of button(s) combinations... any ideas?

Best answers
Mmm... I think it would depend of the distance the character swoops from... :scared:

It'd increase by 10% every... 20 feet maybe.

The base damage would be like 15-20.

Heh, sorry for the wait.

Best answers
Sounds interesting...but the damage that you've told us is pretty...small if you ask me...all of those hits against the walls and etc should be huge imo.But thats a bad thing >_>

And hey,I wouldn't really use it...I'd just go for the Roll Exploit,thats more effective in every aspect XD - Ki,Damage,-Makes people angry.

-GuZzie

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
.Guzzie. said:
And hey,I wouldn't really use it...I'd just go for the Roll Exploit,thats more effective in every aspect XD - Ki,Damage,-Makes people angry.

-GuZzie
Gets the user banned if i see him ^^

Exploits = bad sadly people dont believe me. But hey atleast i can ban them for doing it in europe XD

In any case. I think there was a similar thing once mentioned in a design document. Or it was an idea. Not realy sure. In any case how does the defender struggle against it. I mean just hoping the guy has no KI is kinda like the current throw ^^

Best answers
Hmm I see what you mean but...

The user being slammed doesn't HOPE his opponent has little ki. He KNOWS his opponent will have little ki after the first or second slam.

OK if he starts resisting the thrower/slammer (lol?) will spend 45% ki in total and 25% in stamina. How 'bout that? :)

@Guzzie: that's why I thought it should cost like 30% ki, to make it occassional. And to give it a dbz-ish feeling of course ^^

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The question still stands. HOW will he resist?

Just hold mouse 1 or what.

Best answers
Andy011 said:
OK it's basically like this:

it's not exactly throwing

you grab your opponent and you're still able to swoop. When u get to a wall/floor, u can slam the opponent against it. After that, if you still have ki left, u can swoop to another spot and slam him again (that's right, you don't let go!). The opponent would have to hold primary fire button to "recover" either from the slam or the swooping while being held by your character.

To avoid spamming, it would take a good gulp of ki, like... 30% or so.
When you run out of ki, you throw the opponent away, which will take like 10 to 15% of stamina. If you don't have enough stamina, the opponent hits you. You might wanna consider it being done only when the opponent is running low on stamina (tired state). So, in conclusion, it's strong and much more useful than the 1.2 throw, but risky because u run real low on ki real quick (again, to avoid spamming).

What do you think? o.o

Still haven't thought of button(s) combinations... any ideas?
There u go ^^ Hmmm... the victim should spend less ki and stamina in recovering than the attacker spends in slamming if u ask me... otherwise it's too much upper-hand given to the slammer

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh. Sorry bout that. I read threw it and missed that part >.<

But yea. The victim shoould spend less than the attacker.

Best answers
Grega said:
Gets the user banned if i see him ^^

Exploits = bad sadly people don?t believe me. But hey at least I can ban them for doing it in Europe XD
LOL!! That?s a benefit for Australians. When ever I kill someone with that exploit and people complain...I just say it takes skill. Seriously...to put them down on the ground is easy...but to MAKE SURE THERE IN A ROLLING MOTION and hitting them on a angle constantly while *************** [Don't want noobs to learn this technique] -its pretty hard...but I've mastered this tecnique..
[Only...7 people in Australia know howthis exploit works...its amazing...really small...but some people don't bother practicing it]

Anyways.

Back to the topic. Yes....the victim SHOULD lose less Ki.Lol...but if you ask me....if you put it into reality [Series]....it should take MORE ki to get out of that struggle...its a big hit if you ask me.

-GuZzie

Best answers
.Guzzie. said:
Lol...but if you ask me....if you put it into reality [Series]....it should take MORE ki to get out of that struggle...its a big hit if you ask me.
-GuZzie
Deffinitely, but u gotta keep in mind that you don't have "hit points" in the series lol.

But then again, you don't have to put it, because I saw Frieza doing the same thing to Goku when he puffed himself up (perfect or 100% Frieza or whatever). That's where I got the idea from in the first place. =P

Best answers
.Guzzie. said:
Hahahaha...for all we know...they can have 100000 HP...its amazing how long they can last. Frieza es un puta.

-GuZzie

One resolution for that (I used this in a game once), would be to have only one variable, instead of several variables: power. Your power is your life, your energy, and your battle power.

When you use an attack,or if you were concentrating a technique (such as bakujutsu) or you take damage it uses up some of your power. If your power reaches 0, you either die or become unconscious (depending on severity of energy drain) until your power regenerates back above 0.

It works surprisingly well like that.

Anyway, regarding this idea, I think it would be good if you could perhaps counter it, such as recover and throw your opponent instead, or when you're about to hit a wall or something like that, you could jump off of it at the last second, things like that.

See, a big problem with this idea is that... Not only are you going to cause heavy damage with the drag itself, but then you can throw them right into a wall or the like for an extra hit.

And I can see this technique being spammed, kind of like the way Boo players tend to throw people to the ground to candy spam them.

And yes, even with energy drain, you can still spam it just by powering up between stuns.

Best answers
Sandstorm said:
One resolution for that (I used this in a game once), would be to have only one variable, instead of several variables: power. Your power is your life, your energy, and your battle power.

When you use an attack,or if you were concentrating a technique (such as bakujutsu) or you take damage it uses up some of your power. If your power reaches 0, you either die or become unconscious (depending on severity of energy drain) until your power regenerates back above 0.

It works surprisingly well like that.

Anyway, regarding this idea, I think it would be good if you could perhaps counter it, such as recover and throw your opponent instead, or when you're about to hit a wall or something like that, you could jump off of it at the last second, things like that.

See, a big problem with this idea is that... Not only are you going to cause heavy damage with the drag itself, but then you can throw them right into a wall or the like for an extra hit.

And I can see this technique being spammed, kind of like the way Boo players tend to throw people to the ground to candy spam them.

And yes, even with energy drain, you can still spam it just by powering up between stuns.

Actually, I suggested ways to counter it as well. One of them was holding Mouse1 (primary fire button). Here u have two options: If the thrower runs out of stamina, u hit him. If the thrower runs out of ki, he was supposed to er... throw u away... lol that was stupid. Come to think of it, I think it would be pretty cool if the victim could hit the thrower and then counter by throwing him the same direction the thrower wanted to throw :D

........ I'll repeat that x.x:

Come to think of it, I think it would be pretty cool if the victim could hit the thrower and then counter by throwing him the same direction the thrower wanted to throw. Read carefully lol.

For example, goku kicks frieza in the stomache and then grabs him by the arm and then *whoosh* throws him away. But for that he would have to have the amount of ki required to actually recover him/herself (I said her because... let's not forget Android 18 ;))

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
.Guzzie. said:
LOL!! That?s a benefit for Australians. When ever I kill someone with that exploit and people complain...I just say it takes skill. Seriously...to put them down on the ground is easy...but to MAKE SURE THERE IN A ROLLING MOTION and hitting them on a angle constantly while *************** [Don't want noobs to learn this technique] -its pretty hard...but I've mastered this tecnique..
[Only...7 people in Australia know howthis exploit works...its amazing...really small...but some people don't bother practicing it]

Anyways.

Back to the topic. Yes....the victim SHOULD lose less Ki.Lol...but if you ask me....if you put it into reality [Series]....it should take MORE ki to get out of that struggle...its a big hit if you ask me.

-GuZzie
It's not technically skill, it's being good at performing a exploit ;/. Shaya has made a big mistake though allowing it's use.
.Guzzie said:
but to MAKE SURE
Make sure they are not holding down b (use button) while they are rolling on the ground?.

Best answers
Um... you guys are kinda going off-topic here... heh... :rolleyes: no, seriously:S

*Dusts off topic...* Ummm no offense but I'm seriously wondering if this suggestion is actually worth it if the coder (or at least a moderator) isn't gonna check it out?:rolleyes:

....................:tired:

Ex-Pro 1.2.3 Player
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers

-GuZzie
well frankly i don't use the exploit mainly because it's a) annoying (i know because i've been on the receving end from time to time and B) it's like using the kaioken exploit and health exploit in EVM (sorry for using that for an example) it gives the user a unfair advantage thus i don't use exploits that much it's only fun for a short time until someone does it to you and kicks your ass :p lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom