Advanced melle idea..

🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Ok, so here we go..
so real time melee does'nt fit bcuz of the model scale, speed and ofcourse lag issues..
and i thought maybe advanced melee could be based on simple melee?
my idea is that advanced melee could go like this:
You swoop into a player and hold mouse2 (mouse 1 - simple melee; mouse 2- adv. melee) and u perform a regular blow back hit like with basic melee, but the attack does'nt end there. if you keep holding mouse 2 and have enough ki and stamina, you automatically swoop after your victim and hit him again. (second hit could change the blow direction for eye candy)
So the victim is blowed back again and u have a chance to carry on the attack by teleporting at his back and kicking him in the back.
made a lil ilustration, maybe it will make things more clear lol.

so the advance melee would be max 3 hits.
each hit would have a little less damage then a normal simple melee hit, one attack like that would take about 1/2 of the full ki bar in normal state, 1/3 in ssj state and so on..
the victim should be able to block/attack at each hit, but i have'nt figured out how that would work yet.
that's all for now, if i'll have any new thoughts i'll add them to this post.
feel free to add something to my idea.
And sorry about the bad english :scared:
and i screwed in the title with the melee word Y_Y

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First of all, nice work with the images. The suggestion you have just made, makes me remember an old suggention I made that is a bit similar, check it out:

I have been thinking in a possibility, please comment:

How about advanced melee be a combination of basic melee? I'll explain:

You can do the usual thing, wile pushing RMB you will give a puch or kick to the opponent and the swoop again to make another basic hit and so on....bla bla bla.

But, how about if you have a quick "combo making time" every time you do basic melee to the opponent? For example, you hit the opponent with basic melee, and wile he does not recover wile going back, you can do a super fast combo.

In game experience would be like this:

I hit the enemy with basic melee. The enemy is flying back stuned and depending on his stamina i will have a depending time to make a quick combo (not with arrows, you choose the combo if you know what it will result in). If the enemy is low on stamina he will take more time to recover giving me more relaxing time to make the quick combo. SO THE guy is flying back stuned, and wile I point the cursor to him I push "RMB+LMB+SPACE", and the combo could result like a teleportation to the back of the enemy and give him with the elbow on the neck making him to go down. Other combo could result on the same teleportation but with a diferent attack like a kick in the face. Other combo could even result on the same teleportation but followed by a quick vaporation beam. Other combo could result in a ultra fast swooping to the direction of the enemy (not controlable direction wile in this swoop) and hit him from the front. And every time you hit him he would go back stuned giving you an oportunity to make another combo. This way the game would have variety of movements, unfortunately not those ultra fast punches like 5 in one second, but since people are giving more importance to the basic I think this could work.

🎈 Advanced
Best answers
i guess if 3 different combos in a style like this per character would be added, that would be much more fun then just simple melee.. i mean it's better then nothing, and that kinda adv melee is one of the few possible in esf without 'impossible to hit' thingy
and it would be pretty intence when the opponent could dodge the punch/kick, kick back attack u and so on. would give a very dbzish feel in my opinion

Last edited:
Best answers
The main problem with ur idea is that they would make simple melee point less, because ur adv melee is practically the same, just more efficent.

🎈 Advanced
Best answers
it would still be used for a fast attack when player is low on stamina or ki. Besides it gives more damage. advanced melee 3hits = 1basic melee hit.
and u can perform like 3 basic melee hits ^^ anyway the idea needs polishingm i'm not saying it's perfect

Force Pit Member
Best answers
its the same as basic melee just less skillful to use. But I like the images

Wish I had HL2 to test dbsource, I was told that its melee lets you develop your own style

Best answers
The Melee in DB source is ***. (no offense)
I really like this idea. it's cool. but, is the teleport 3rd attack automated if u have enough ki or do u have to teleport manually? And for the 2nd hit (eye candy do you mean when your locked on to the target what ever key (W,A,S,D) your holding is the direction they go? Sorta like the advance melee in 1.2.3?

🎈 Advanced
Best answers
The Melee in DB source is ***. (no offense)
I really like this idea. it's cool. but, is the teleport 3rd attack automated if u have enough ki or do u have to teleport manually? And for the 2nd hit (eye candy do you mean when your locked on to the target what ever key (W,A,S,D) your holding is the direction they go? Sorta like the advance melee in 1.2.3?
there could be serveral combos with different hits.
like kick>punch left>teleport>kick
kick>teleport>punch>blow down and so on..
and yes that could depents on 'W,S,A,D'
and as soon as u swoop into a person with mouse2
the first attack would be random (kick or punch)
the second attack could be your choice mouse1 - punch, mouse2 kick, and for example mouse2 + down u would blow the opponent down. or u can teleport behind him by pressing mouse1 + ctrl
the opponent could have a simple way to dodge the attacks, maybe some1 has any bright ideas?

EDIT
btw how about this? http://esforces.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60792
that's my old account, i suggested it some time ago.. everybody seemed to like this idea and it's pretty usefull.

Last edited:
Best answers
yea it's a good idea, but do u have to push the teleport or is it automated. Srry if you answerd it in the last post but I'm still a little confused... 'o' : )

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom