Advanced Melee + Generic Beam

Best answers
Well, I was thinking about the game play in ESF 1.2, I love it. But, I was also thinking about how this might kick up the game play a notch. As it is, the advanced melee does a great deal of damage, but I do recall seeing in the dev journals, that they might reduce the damage? Correct me if I'm wrong? But you do get more PL for it. However, here's my idea. Implementing generic beams in advanced melee. I think it can be done, do a few moves here and there, and a surprise generic beam to end it. I'm not sure how it can be done, or how the move can be executed, this can be left for the team to decide. However, just imagine a few kicks to the face, maybe a strong hit down, and a nice flat out palm forming a generic beam to blow away the opposition. Sounds good to me, but it's also just another way to kill someone instantly. -_-; This is why I hope the patch reduces melee damage, *IF* the generic beam - method was implemented. Eh, there's my suggestion, hoping for some feedback!

Best answers
You could do it by holding down both the Punch and Kick or some thing, or pressing jump or something dodgy. You could do it by like when Vegeta puts his fist into someone and then shoots a generic beam. Seems to ultimate to actaully ever work, but meh, it should put my post count up.

Best answers
I uh..have no clue what you just said. Are you saying this move can already be performed? >.>

Best answers
That would be cool to do a suprise generic beam at the end.

You could do it by holding down both the Punch and Kick or some thing, or pressing jump or something dodgy. You could do it by like when Vegeta puts his fist into someone and then shoots a generic beam. Seems to ultimate to actaully ever work, but meh, it should put my post count up.
are you saying you can actually do this already?

Best answers
I think he was suggesting how it can be done rather if it's already implemented in the game, I'm not too sure though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Of course this idea would be cool. I don't think anyone disagrees with that, however is it possible and if so, how much work would it take? It would be very cool to see that in the game, but I don't expect to see it anytime soon, not for a few .# releases.

Best answers
maybe it could be in a combo and be the finishing move, like flame thrower. Or like a gen beam to blast them backwards after melee.

Best answers
Maybe so. But I'm sure the team is always up for a challenge. And I'm also sure they wouldn't mind implementing this, it is a good suggestion in everyone elses' eyes. I'd say the majority rules, heh. I was hoping it can be done like a combo. A few moves be executed, and if everything is done correctly, it'll finish off with a charge of the generic beam, but how much it charges depends on the stun time; and THAT depends on where you left off on the pre punch sequence...
*on a roll*?

Best answers
insignificant comment (but true), it should be a ball instead of a beam since there really isnt a point to a beam so close. and u could just press E or somethin to do it instead of a combo... like, u know how u hold right mouse as u hold left mouse to kick? u could hold left mouse as u hold E to do it ^_^

Best answers
Eh, well it's not necessarily a beam if the move is executed. If you haven't noticed, holding right click while using the generic beam makes it de-attach into a battle. Being how advanced melee is initiated by..left click, isn't it? Maybe the "kick" button (right click) can be used as the final move for the blast to be thrown at your opponent. I don't know. Let's see, I'll think of a move. Just randomly. Let's say, Up (Green; Punch), Left (Red; Kick), Down (Red; Kick) <--on the last move, if performed correctly, the character would do a "block breaker", allowing the next move to have a better success rate, this is where the quick hands come into motion, maybe with a blur effect, and *bang*? The generic beam blows you away? o_O?

Best answers
Son Gokou said:
If you haven't noticed, holding right click while using the generic beam makes it de-attach into a battle
have no idea wut u mean by that.. clarify please

Best answers
In game, select the generic beam as your weapon. Now, charge it up. There's two ways to use it. You can either use it as a one handed beam and engage in a PS (in which you might get owned), or toss it by holding right click and letting go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom