Advanced Eye Candy

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I trust that the gameplay of 1.3 will be great, but I would also like to see stronger incorporations of eye candy as well.

Now, Game play will always mean more than graphics, however, let's say a kid has a yo-yo. It's a plainass blue yo yo. Now, another kid has a yo yo, except this one flashes colors when you play with it. Which one do you think will lose interest faster?

Power struggles

So far, the only thing find really intimidating about a power struggle is the sound the beams make. In the beggining, power struggles are a sight to see, seing to glowing beams battle it out, but then it just seems like two light pushing each other. Not to say powerstruggles aren' fun, but they could be fixed up to so much more levels. I don't know what new eye candy the team is planning, but my idea is to mak them seem furocious.

Generic beam battles don't need to seem epic, but when a Kamehameha is battling it out with a Gaalic Gun, you would want something more than just killing your opponent. So I suggest..

• New, more enthustiastic power struggle stance (animation)
  • A somewhat animated ,spiky center for the power struggle, slighly growing as more ki is poured in
  • The occasional lightning spurting out if the power level is high enough
  • The beam should not kill the player who won, but push the player who lost until he hit something...Then it blows up
Melee

Though this part of the game is mostly gameplay, desn't mean a little bit of effects could be added.

• Optional selection of a vibrating camera every time you hit/get hit by bsic melee/strong attack
  • Turbo aura stays on while in advanced melee. If two player oth have turbo, the turbo model becoems one whole, surrounding both players
  • Dust/spalsh while a person has been smashed to the ground/water
  • Lightning around advanced melee struggled people (if high-powered)
  • The ability to teleport while blocking (more ki used up)
  • SSJ-SSJ3 Goku/Perfect Cell/Kid Buu can teleport through physical objects (i.e, can teleport through a blast being shot at them), but uses more ki. "teleport lines" appear instead of an after image.
  • New basic melee hit sprite
Other
  • "Advanced graphic mode" optional (on/off)
  • Do not have to stop to teleport (so oyu can teleport while in swoop)
  • Spirit Bomb leaves goku open after using it, he must stay put, pushing the bomb until it detonates (only happens if Spirit bomb charged enough) If tis happens, he can push a little more energy into it, yet burns ki at an accelerated rate, can go ssj if he has perfect power level
  • Rocks float while in a strong block struggle
  • If an android wins a struggle, he/she can choose to absorb it instead of throw it back
  • A new Explosion statistic "Damage lag" Certain attacks' explosions will linger, damaging anything inside it, similar o a ki blob.
Specials
Now I know EVM tried this and made the game unbalanced, but I'm sure a system could be incorporated into ESF in a safe way.

A new meter, a "style" meter. This meter encourages players to fight. The more combos he lands in both kinds of melees, the more players he kills (by melee), the more blasts he deflects and other things raise the bar. When it reachs maximum, characterscan use their special until the bar runs out (can not gain any "Style" points while using the special)

Gohan-"Burst of poweR" When below 50% health, speed and powerlevel temporarily increase. If a teammate dies during this time, 100,000 is added.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Fat Buu-"bouncy skin", Knock back is reduced while in "style mode"

Super Buu-"Absorbiton option" Using candy attack, he can choose to absorb the plaeyr to gain a new attack and some pl

Kid buu "Charged Instant Transmission"-While in "Style mode", if kid buu holds down the teleport button, the longer he holds it, the farthe he teleports (uses ki)
Androids 17 and 18-"Auto ki gain" any ki blasts/generic beam that hits them or explodes on them automatically gives them ki
Ginyu "Slow Time"-Now I do not know if this is possible, but everything begins to move at a slower rate for the Ginyu player, not affecting other players. Uses ki as well as the style bar when in use.
Trunks-Sword always out, burning attack engulfs players instead of blowing up
(all)Vegeta-"Frustration" for every damage done to Vegeta, he gains pl
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Goku-"Kaioken", boosts speed and power signifigantly, drains health after awhile

SSJ1-3 Goku "Charged Instant Transmission" Same as Kid Buu's
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Krillin "Wife"-#18 acts as a buddy for krillin util bar is used up
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Cell (form 1 ) "absorb"- if grabbing a player at low health, and wins the grab, will absorb them for 100,000 pl instead

Cell form 2 "self destruct"-If Cell form 2 dies, anything near him gets damaged

Pefect Cell-"Revival" This depletes all of the style bar. It is like Cell's insurance, if Cell reaches 1 hp, he is regenerated as a stronger, faster self until he dies again (Can not be revived until style meter full agian)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Piccolo "weighted clothes" sigfigantly more pl gained when attacking

No cape Piccolo "Long Arms"-Can melee characters form a slight distance, regerates health if idel for longer than 10 seconds
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Frieza "super telekinesis"-can throw players with telekinesis

Frieza From 2 "HEad Spikes" Basic melee does a lot more damage

Freiza form 3 "Fast ki" Normal ki blasts are fired EXTREMELY faster than normal and at a higher rate

Final Form "100%" Fights with more a lot more powerlevel until meter depletes

Hopefully thats a bit balanced enpugh, just wanted to get this essay of ideas out. Spelling mistakes are a must, very tired...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll answer a few that intrest me or have been answered before. Consider the ones I didn't answer a witty comment about how useless it would be.

Chakra-X said:
Power struggles
1.3 should have updated power struggle graphics, just wait and see. It won't be a main focal point until we complete the upgrades to the struggle system itself though.

[/list]Melee
  • Optional selection of a vibrating camera every time you hit/get hit by bsic melee/strong attack

• Intresting idea, i'll look into if it's possible.

[*]Dust/spalsh while a person has been smashed to the ground/water
    I believe this was in previous versions but was turned off because of lag issues. I think it's still in the game but you need to access it by cvar. Maybe that was just for swoops though I can't remember.

[*]New basic melee hit sprite
    Why? The current one is as true to the show as you're gonna be able to get.

[*]"Advanced graphic mode" optional (on/off)
    What exactly does this mean?

[*]Spirit Bomb leaves goku open after using it, he must stay put, pushing the bomb until it detonates (only happens if Spirit bomb charged enough) If tis happens, he can push a little more energy into it, yet burns ki at an accelerated rate, can go ssj if he has perfect power level
    Goku is vunerable enough while charging the spirit bomb, making him just as vunerable after launching would make the attack all but useless.

[*]If an android wins a struggle, he/she can choose to absorb it instead of throw it back
    Androids 16-18 aren't able to absorb ki. They produce their own. Only 19 and 20 had this luxury. (Don't msg me about the androids from the movies, I really don't care.)

A fair bit unbalanced, I doubt they'll make it into 1.3.

Best answers
wow im done!!!!!
the part that made me thinking was the part of vegeta gaining pl after damage done to him!!! i like it for sure. i had forgot that. although in the series that works for all dbz fighters.think about it. or this could be done only to ssj race(dnt know corr spelling).
only to vegeta is quite unfair.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, but it might be overpowering them seeing as most ppl use them already because they are so popular, so either don't or make it VERY small, but actually it shouldn't be added, because of the option of bring pl closer to server avg.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
donnierisk said:
Yeah, but it might be overpowering them seeing as most ppl use them already because they are so popular, so either don't or make it VERY small, but actually it shouldn't be added, because of the option of bring pl closer to server avg.
That option allmoast allways backfires XD If you get over the average PL you allways loose PL XD

Anyhow i like the stuff there (exept specials).

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
i like the powerstruggle idea, it would make it way better to watch

# Dust/spalsh while a person has been smashed to the ground/water

That would be great, it would be like firing a rocket at say the ground and u see the explosion, but in this case it the other player gettin smashed into the ground with a kool dust explosion, i take it thats what u mean?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the advanced option mode is having all the super cool graphics that Charka suggested to be able to turn on and off. So if someone's computer can not run these awesome graphics without lag then they can turn them off in the options menu and visa versa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom