Advanced Customization.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is probably alot to ask for, but for the sake of making this mods character roster infinatly expandable I thought up a little idea.

Custom model support is awesome, don't me wrong it's a brilliant idea, but it has alot of little things not included that make it less than all it could be.

My idea is to divide the main base characters folders up into just thier base names:

Buu, Goku, Gohan, Krillin, Piccolo, Freiza, Trunks, Vegeta, Cpt.Ginyu, #18.

Then in each of these folders have 3 additional folders:

Models1, Sounds1, Sprites1.

'Models1' will have the defult models for whatever character the folder is. Same with sounds and sprites.

Then in each of the character folders you could insert custom content in folders Models2, Sounds2, Sprites2.

Expanding on that you could also have each characters aura model in models, and even the energy charge sprite.

Meh I just don't like the idea of having vegeta charging a final flash, and then having custom bardock doing the same thing, with the same voice and sprite.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
only the sound and sprits you will have to have a custom folder for them , I think you can add more in a folder then just 1 model
like this esf_openbeta/models/player/custom/Goku/Bardock.mdl,Broly.mdl I think you can chose more from the character menu

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Basically I like the idea but instead have the xml files point to the files that shall be used (redoing the directory structure we have right not would be a tedious work).

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah that's just as good. I was just thinking a little to user friendly.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
i back you up with this idea, been thinking how to do this to

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Magnificent idea, I couldn't agree more.

Mog

Best answers
So you are saying that inside the esf folder, you are gonna have loads of sub-directories named "buu", "goku", "gohan", etc ?
Sounds very messy to me.

The way it is now is pretty decent...
Your idea just sounds more confusing, especially if you are adding several custom models for the same character. :scared:

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
no the directories that are there stay there but when having a custom model u will have another folder in it wich contains the custom aura or whatever animation for it , this because that specific model uses for example goku bones and structure but seperate animations

Best answers
Maybe like that?

models/player/custom/goku/gogeta/sounds
models/player/custom/goku/gogeta/sprites
models/player/custom/goku/gogeta/models

Of course you have to find the sounds an sprites by yourself :talk:

Xml will look like this:
<replace original="kame_charge" replace="bigbangkame_charge" />

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom