Advance melee!

Best answers
ok perhaps this is a good idea :yes:

You have to swoop into enemy like current version (no prepunch) you automaticaly aim after you hit them with swoop. You have a 10 seconds to do a combo of punches kicks and teleports. It's kinda confusing but i'll try to explain it in the example :p

Punch - Left MB
Kick - Right MB

EXAMPLE
Goku vs. Cell -for instance

Reverse Attack
(Goku)swoops into cell
(Cell)doesn't block in time
(Goku)does combos of punches and kicks
(Cell)Gets pounded(can't block any attacks unless they were blocking before the swoop)
(Goku)Teleports behind Cell and does another combo
(Cell)goku teleports behind him[auto aim] Cell can counter teleport goku's teleport and reverse the advance melee to goku except only for 5 seconds to do combos :)
(Goku)Gets pounded for 5 seconds ^_^

Block
(Goku)swoops into cell
(Cell)blocks in time
(Goku)does combos of punches and kicks
(Cell)blocks all attacks(cells only weakness is a teleport by Goku. although cell can still counter the teleport by teleporting himself)
(Goku)Teleports behind cell
(Cell)Doesn't react in time and gets hit by all the rest of Goku's attacks. :yes:

Finishing move!
(This only happens if the Enemies HP gets to be 0, so if your attacking them and the HP igets to be 0 they still appear alive then your character does the finisher)
(Goku)Swoops into cell
(Cell)Gets pounded and hp reaches 0
(Goku)Heists his attacks and automatically does his finishing move to Cell

:smile::smile::smile:
so there's my idea

*There are 3 types of ways it could turn out.
1.Reverse Attack
2.Block
3.Finishing move

*Since there is a automated aim for 10 seconds you can use the directional keys to to make the character hit into that direction
1.mostly just for looks but also hits enemy in direction if not blocking

*Punch/Kick
1.Punch - LMB
2.Kick - RMB

*Each Character has there own Finishing move
1.Goku most likely Kamehameha
2.Trunks either sword :laff: or burning attack

*how Auto aim works
1.Your character automatically swoops towards enemy after advance melee is engaged
2.You will automatically land ever punch/kick you throw. (doesn't mean they aren't blocking it.)

I think this would bode well with the fans because it would put more of a dbzish feel to esf instead of just hit knock back swoop hit knockback swoop repeated (basic melee)
I think my idea needs to be revised a little bit yes :rolleyes:... but the concept would totally work! I hope you will consider this idea

Last edited:
Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the idead good but trunks finisher should be like what he did against metal frieza

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that sounds preaty similer to 1.2 melee sistem i don't see to much of a difrents

Best answers
the difference is it would be made similar to TB(tenkachi Budikai)
but some of the basics... are very similar. it's more of an upgrade then the same

think of the prepunch

*The way my idea is similar to prepunch
1.Id the defender is blocking before engaged then the dodge all attacks unless the attacker teleports.

*The way it's not
1.It has a killing move
2.the attacker doesn't just push the defender back with punches The attacker throws what ever they want Punch kick teleport.
(note, Kicks are more powerful then punches but they are slower
3.The (combos) are just the attacker tapping the punch kick teleport keys fast. There is no record of your attacks (Arrows) your attacks and instant so if you push punch kick punch punch your character does it instantly.
4.If goku kicked cell to the right Goku could either swoop to cell by pushing the swoop button. or he could teleport by pressing the teleport button

SMALL EXAMPLE
Goku hit's cell right (LMB D) goku teleports (G,teleport) in front of cell and hit him (LMB S) down Goku teleports below (G,Teleport) cell then goku kicks him up (RMB W)

Ok so lets say the ESF team goes with this idea.
lets make a list of ideas we could use for finishers

Buu - Candy

Goku - Goku's teleporting Kamehameha (like he did with Cell)

Gohan -

Krillin - Destructo disk?

Piccolo

Frieza

Trunks - Cut up with sword then blasts away. (Like with Frieza)

Vegeta

Cell

Last edited:
Best answers
the difference is it would be made similar to TB(tenkachi Budikai)
but some of the basics... are very similar. it's more of an upgrade then the same

think of the prepunch

*The way my idea is similar to prepunch
1.Id the defender is blocking before engaged then the dodge all attacks unless the attacker teleports.

*The way it's not
1.It has a killing move
2.the attacker doesn't just push the defender back with punches The attacker throws what ever they want Punch kick teleport.
(note, Kicks are more powerful then punches but they are slower
3.The (combos) are just the attacker tapping the punch kick teleport keys fast. There is no record of your attacks (Arrows) your attacks and instant so if you push punch kick punch punch your character does it instantly.
4.If goku kicked cell to the right Goku could either swoop to cell by pushing the swoop button. or he could teleport by pressing the teleport button

SMALL EXAMPLE
Goku hit's cell right (LMB D) goku teleports (G,teleport) in front of cell and hit him (LMB S) down Goku teleports below (G,Teleport) cell then goku kicks him up (RMB W)

Ok so lets say the ESF team goes with this idea.
lets make a list of ideas we could use for finishers

Buu - Candy

Goku - Goku's teleporting Kamehameha (like he did with Cell)

Gohan - Well taking into account Kid Gohan never finished anyone off Im at a loss on this one.

Krillin - Destructo disk?

Piccolo - Guided Scatter shot? (Like he did against android)

Frieza - Raises them in the air then blows them up (like he did with Krillin)

Trunks - Cut up with sword then blasts away. (Like with Frieza)

Vegeta - Knocks them across the map and uses Gallic Gun?

Cell - Absorption

My ideas are underlined within the quote.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's still a little vague.

I think it might slow gameplay down too much like advanced melee previously has. If someone gets caught in this it doesn't seem very likely they'll be able to get out.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
button mashing?

Best answers
This isn't a bad idea if the melee system now can't be tweaked the right way. That is, if players can't fight in close combat, and it's all about swooping, then this could be a good substitute.

It's pretty much making Advanced Melee more manual and not automatic. It'd take a lot of programming though, so... you'd have to see how they released 1.3 before you could really have a strong opinion for or against this.

If they work stamina right, you won't need this Advanced Melee to create openings for finishers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom