Adv. Melee

Sound Artist
Best answers
I just played Mastasurf with some of the new features of of Adv. Melee and i must say, i had a blast. I think this far outweights the current release ;)
Oh well, i shoulda took pics... damn:(

Best answers
How well were you 2 pinging BTW?

I just want to know how it's going on with high-pings that's all, but Im sure it's HPB friendly :)

And I am still waiting for the Japanese soundpack, any updates on this?

Best answers
I'd say it's just about the same as if you had a high ping in the earlier versions. You just have to accept and adhere to the fact that your 150+ ping won't play like a 60, and it should be all right.

But yeah, this coming from me:

I -like- the new version. :p

There's still some stuff to be worked out, however the light knockbacks are in. I won't talk about the other stuff, because.. I don't know how much info I can divulge. x.x

But 1.2 = Win

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But yaknow, I think I think it is more ping friendly then the beta 1.1. HarSens did optimise a few messages and whatnot, i'm sure it plays better then 1.1... I also removed the swoop GFX, so you're fps shouldn't be cut in half in a swoop :)
Anyways, yeah, I ended up coding like a maniac over the weekend, so i got acouple things in. Recoded the melee hit system (works much better), balanced/worked on the new swoop, walljump (I love it ^_^), worked on adv melee, and a lot of other stuff. HarSens also got acouple nice things in, not sure if i can mention it though...

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Like I told Mr. Modest over the weekend, I'm giving him the title of "Bugless Joe" now. I simply love the new advancements in melee and wow, it's totally fun to mess around with. And guess what - *zero* bugs so far, this system rocks.

/me kicks joe in the backside for getting me back into playing esf like a maniac :eek:

Best answers
/me gets in line behind Gr00vy.

ESF 1.2 wins.

Story.

Sound Artist
Best answers
The jappack has been almost done for ages. The reason for the wait is because i needed some things from the Cell Games, but those particular dvd's aren't out yet. I also couldn't find it on the internet:(.

Oh, Even though i had a few things downloading, Mastasurf had a ping around 100. I'm also not the best host for some reason.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Halorin said:
I -like- the new version. :p
:shocked: :laff:

The knockbacks you were trying to include or did they come up with a new way of doing them?

Best answers
Yeah, they're basically how I had hoped they'd be. Just a little pop in the face from time to time. :p

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Umm PCJoe ............. :scared: an you tell us how the wall jumping works?

Is it this: While in air near wall press jump?:cool:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm i think we should make a preview video about that sometime

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He said in HLR that you would press the jump button when you hit a wall, or you could hold it to jump farther and faster.

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yeah Hibiki, you guys really should I would like to see how that
comes out (excellent of course) ;D ;D .

Best answers
Wasn't Halorin banned from the forums awhile ago? And he gets to play around with the new melee, that makes one a bit jealous.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ShiftyOliver said:
Wasn't Halorin banned from the forums awhile ago? And he gets to play around with the new melee, that makes one a bit jealous.
Yeah he was banned. I think they made him a tester because of the great ideas he had. Just some average player that could represent part of the community :).

Best answers
Hey. Don't knock my hustle. :p

I don't know. I think it's a great honor to be able to beta test for a game I like. I certainly don't take it for granted. Since my ban, I've been trying to take a more active and positive role in the community. I guess that was noticed, or something.. :p

As for anymore talks of my ban, check my signature.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
" Don't be hatin' " - Malibu's Most Wanted

:rolleyes:

And as for Adv. Melee, I really can't wait. All I can do atm is fantasize.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you do make any previews or such you should post them in force pit first lol. The last like 3 things haven't been there. I'm glad that the leader of the anti advanced melee world has aprooved of it after trying it allthough I'm kind of disturbed that not only hal but groovy as well are getting a jump start on learning advanced melee... Means I'll have to work a little harder this time around...

Best answers
If we need previews on anything, it should be Frieza's telekinesis, the walljumping and the other new tidbits....and nothing more :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom