Adv. Melee

Best answers
XD

When you see me in 1.2, Scorchy, think of my sig when it's my player model handing something bad off to yours. ;)

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nah..
advanced melee is very friendly to lots of people. gettinginto it the challenge.. people have choices of what they want to do instead of only advanced melee. So thats what also makes melee awsome.

walljumping.. hmm.. i dont think this will hurt

4 directions, front / back / left / right
depending on what side the wall is.. you hold the direction and press / hold jump. longer you hold it the higher you jump but you are still vulnerable. very fun to use when dodging stuff.. practice with it :D itll be your new friend

Best answers
How does the dodging work and I agree with the preview vid of walljumps and stuff. Maybe you guys could make a quicky when you get the chance.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I must agree with DT, the new melee is friendly to alot of people, and once you can master walljumping in edgy situations (which I haven't..Halorin beats the **** out of me before I can flinch :p) it'll be a fun way to evade once mastered. :)

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I also think the new system removes that "hopeless" feeling you have when playing beta 1.0-1.1 melee. I remember when I used to play 1.0-1.1, and when someone was just a little better then me, it wasn't "I kill him some, he kills me", it's "He completly owns me and I can't touch him, I'll never win." I was doing a 2 on 1 with grOOvy and Halorin, and as you guys know, they're some kick ass meleers. They won (ofcourse), but I did get a decent amount of hits in. Ontop of that I never got that above feeling of hopelessness, so that made it a much more enjoyable experiance, even though I was loosing.
I think it has something to do with every hit not sending you across the level. With the shorter power-hits the battle isn't "paused" every time you hit someone because they're out of reach. It stays decently close so you can quickly attack back.
The wallstick (being thrown into a wall and "sticking" onto it, simulating getting smashed into the rock) is pretty helpful too. I remember halorin meleed me into the wall acouple times, and I sprung off the wall and hit him the face with a melee attack, took him by surprise ^_^
About the media, Masta and myself (maybe acouple others too) will get together sometime in the near future and record some new footage of the melee system. We're probably going to show it to the force pit acouple days early, we've been abusing them pretty bad lately, lol.
Anyways, that's enough typing for todays study hall :p

Best answers
so since the beta test does this mean its nealy done or just the melee or just melee test for bugs, lol i confused myself any ways looks gr8 sounds gr8 most prob will b gr8

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well..
theres still animations.. those take forever..
and then theres bug fixing. crap

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's a lot of stuff to do... Just that I'm one of those "coding sprees", when I just basically code all day, so lots of updates :)

DT: You're a man, you can handle it, lol. You're doing a great job, keep it up.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DarktoothDKD said:
nah..
advanced melee is very friendly to lots of people. gettinginto it the challenge.. people have choices of what they want to do instead of only advanced melee. So thats what also makes melee awsome.

walljumping.. hmm.. i dont think this will hurt

4 directions, front / back / left / right
depending on what side the wall is.. you hold the direction and press / hold jump. longer you hold it the higher you jump but you are still vulnerable. very fun to use when dodging stuff.. practice with it :D itll be your new friend
Yay it came out (not that we didn't sort of know in the first placce). *Gives DT his well deserved cookie*

PcJoe said:
I also think the new system removes that "hopeless" feeling you have when playing beta 1.0-1.1 melee. I remember when I used to play 1.0-1.1, and when someone was just a little better then me, it wasn't "I kill him some, he kills me", it's "He completly owns me and I can't touch him, I'll never win." I was doing a 2 on 1 with grOOvy and Halorin, and as you guys know, they're some kick ass meleers. They won (ofcourse), but I did get a decent amount of hits in. Ontop of that I never got that above feeling of hopelessness, so that made it a much more enjoyable experiance, even though I was loosing.
I think it has something to do with every hit not sending you across the level. With the shorter power-hits the battle isn't "paused" every time you hit someone because they're out of reach. It stays decently close so you can quickly attack back.
The wallstick (being thrown into a wall and "sticking" onto it, simulating getting smashed into the rock) is pretty helpful too. I remember halorin meleed me into the wall acouple times, and I sprung off the wall and hit him the face with a melee attack, took him by surprise ^_^
About the media, Masta and myself (maybe acouple others too) will get together sometime in the near future and record some new footage of the melee system. We're probably going to show it to the force pit acouple days early, we've been abusing them pretty bad lately, lol.
Anyways, that's enough typing for todays study hall
*Gives Joe my other cookie for access to the force pit* :]

PcJoe said:
I remember when I used to play 1.0-1.1, and when someone was just a little better then me, it wasn't "I kill him some, he kills me", it's "He completly owns me and I can't touch him, I'll never win."
I know what you mean, its either I own someone or someone owns me (I'd like to think the first one more often but :rolleyes: ).

PcJoe said:
There's a lot of stuff to do... Just that I'm one of those "coding sprees", when I just basically code all day, so lots of updates

DT: You're a man, you can handle it, lol. You're doing a great job, keep it up.
I know what you mean, sometimes have those for mapping, DD knows what I mean :fight:

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I know what you guys are saying. The ESF skill curve is really sharp as it is now. Asside from HD space reasons, the other reason I don't play is because I just get violated everytime I play by ppl who know how to shuck and jive in melee. Considering I don't play much in the way of games anymore (only game I have installed is Natural Selection at which you don't wanna mess with Karrde the Gorge :p ). I'm really looking forward to 1.2 simply for the melee upgrades. It'll be fun to toy with, and we'll all be newbies again :p

Well. 'cept the team and testers. They're gonna murder the lot of us.

*edit* My god, I posted in ESF Chat for once.

-Karrde-

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I'm going to back up the team on this one. The 1.2 melee is coming along astoundingly. I really have high hopes for what this will be like when the download hits the homepage for the first time.

And I agree, it favors both newer and more experienced players, it's really VERY flexible, offering advantages to either of the afforementioned gaming factions. My hat goes off to the team.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KarrdeKNR said:
only game I have installed is Natural Selection at which you don't wanna mess with Karrde the Gorge :p
Oh god how I suck at that game :(. Either I didn't try hard to learn it or it is a complicated game.

KarradeKNR said:
Well. 'cept the team and testers. They're gonna murder the lot of us.
Well Halorin and grOOvy would murder us anyways, so I wouldn't worry about that.

I guess Magus is good... IN BED!

KaradeKNR said:
*edit* My god, I posted in ESF Chat for once.
That isn't possible there is nothing to reply to in the Mapping and Misc forum o_o!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i agree with everything said

new melee is a blast and even if u suck at it its still hella cool just to watch all the bad ass animations (if you need a refrence to how cool it looks the super burly brawl in the matrix revolutions is like a perfect example of how it looks)

Best answers
OMG teh pwnage!! You people make me queasy with each of your every posts....

BTW, if you need to test the melee for high-ping friendliness.....well you can look to me anyway :p (LIES, Im sure Nretep should be good enough to beat the.... I mean help test the overall friendliness to high-pingers)

But seriously my location is like....teh far away land.....but it's just Hong Kong

Shameless off-topic plug : Pfff Kardde shall be pwned soon by RaVe the ubar high-pinging Marine when playing on far away servers! Your redemption shall not work on me :p

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm shaking all over the place, with these heaps of new information, you made me even more curious. I don't know if this was aked before, but does the damage in melee depend on where you hit your foe?

Best answers
Yep. 1.2 = my sig.

And about me being a murderer? Well.. Your case'll never hold up in court because I hide the bodies. ;)

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
damage on direction.. Im not sure.. but the stronger the attack the more damage you do (obviously)

but hey.. you guys are gonna have favorite attacks.. lol
like that gohan and his strong down kick :D that one is quite cool and Im gonna try do some more interesting attacks when I have time

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
DarkTooth and PCJoe, can you release an updated outline?

PLEASE :( ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom