Adv melee and burning slash attack

Best answers
ok now since trunks doesnt use his sword much in 1.2 i was figuring makein his sword a big assest for him 1.3. so my ideas were...

1) wen u go into adv melee wit trunks instead of punching u use ur sword and start cuttin them up and if they block the player would dodge em all. this would be a good idea and give more style to his prepunch like 18's prepunching is gonna be.

2) also i think it would be good that wen in adv melee instead of him punching he uses his sword instead like for punches he uses his sword but kicks still stay the same.

3) ok burning slash attack. how about for trunks head on wen he wins he does the same combo or different one but instead of doin a kick he does that flamethrower or thing he did to frieza at the end. so hed do a combo then hed shoot that blast thing in their face and maybe it hurt a lil bit more or somthin but u get more randoms but they still fly back like his regular kick would blow them back.

i think wit these alot more people would pick trunks cus hed use his sword alot more and his melee would be more unique then others as it should be since hes pure melee and has no beams or anything. but jus some thoughts been playin budokai 3 lately :laff:

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
he already uses the sword a lot in melee

the only reason why people dont take trunks is his speed

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If they really wanted him to be a melee character, they would increase his speed. If they just uped it to gokus base speed he would be my favorite character...

Best answers
yea hes slow but hes still my fav regardless fast or not i hope they change that in 1.3 tho.

but he doesnt use his sword enough for me most people kno how to dodge adv melee and the only time he can use his sword is in a combo or for a strong attack he doesnt use it enough for me. it would be nice if he got to use his sword in basic melee like in 1.1.

and even if u guys dont agree wit my ideas i still think they would fit in its not much of a change jus more use of his sword

Best answers
~Hyuga Neji~ said:
ok now since trunks doesnt use his sword much in 1.2 i was figuring makein his sword a big assest for him 1.3. so my ideas were...

1) wen u go into adv melee wit trunks instead of punching u use ur sword and start cuttin them up and if they block the player would dodge em all. this would be a good idea and give more style to his prepunch like 18's prepunching is gonna be.

2) also i think it would be good that wen in adv melee instead of him punching he uses his sword instead like for punches he uses his sword but kicks still stay the same.

3) ok burning slash attack. how about for trunks head on wen he wins he does the same combo or different one but instead of doin a kick he does that flamethrower or thing he did to frieza at the end. so hed do a combo then hed shoot that blast thing in their face and maybe it hurt a lil bit more or somthin but u get more randoms but they still fly back like his regular kick would blow them back.

i think wit these alot more people would pick trunks cus hed use his sword alot more and his melee would be more unique then others as it should be since hes pure melee and has no beams or anything. but jus some thoughts been playin budokai 3 lately :laff:
Number 1 was my idea you know.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
how about he uses his sword 100% of the time. Do you dont have to rely on luck just to use his sword-instant ko thing.

Whenever you land a hit, light medium or strong, they should be killed at 20%, or hell, 25% would make a big difference.

Best answers
Mccdbz5 said:
Number 1 was my idea you know.
yea i kno u suggested that one how could i forget i jus didnt wanna let good ideas go to waste thats all.

Zero me and u think alike id like for trunks to be able to use his sword 100% of the time also like in 1.1 how he used it in basic melee and instead of punches in adv melee they could be all sword attacks make his sword gib at 20% or like u said zero 25% from a basic melee attack as well as adv melee

Best answers
Yep, his sword needs to be more useful.

How about reflecting beams away with his sword?

Best answers
Or maybe if someone fires a beam at you, you can slice the beam into two pieces that split up and go to either side of you. >_>

Best answers
yea those ideas sound great. i like the idea of cuttin the blasts in half then they explode. it would look tight if like someone kept shootin ki balls at u and u cut like 8 in half then they sit for a sec then all jus explode. that would look tight.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
~Hyuga Neji~ said:
yea those ideas sound great. i like the idea of cuttin the blasts in half then they explode. it would look tight if like someone kept shootin ki balls at u and u cut like 8 in half then they sit for a sec then all jus explode. that would look tight.
I don't even know if that would be possible, but OMG I got teh bonneh!

Best answers
Very nice idea, Trunks should have a Burning Slash move in advanced melee and it is a secret move so they don't have to change the punches and kicks. And it will be a long input and if you input the right keys Trunks will perform the Burning Slash move and slash the enemy into half then into pieces and let them explode, and it should be an instant kill.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no shouldnt be an instant kill, but if the combo kills then the combo wouldnt stop but add the Slice and Ki attack at the end.

Best answers
heh yea i was thinkin the same thing raventrunks. if u made it a one hit kill that would be easy kills for trunks cus all u would have to do is remember that combo and wenever u get it off they were dead. thats not a good idea.

i was thinkin maybe he gets to do that burning slash attack if he wins head on so instead of a kick at the end he does that flamethrower thing and blows then back.

or make it so that that combo is only activated wen someone is real low on health and about to die so if u do combo #2 wen they are about to die he does the burning slash attack wen he cuts them up it goes sword kill then he shoots his blast into their body parts and kinda kills em that way like raventrunks said.
the combo wouldnt stop then hed finish them off wit the burning slash attack.

Best answers
If all this was implemented for Trunks, then the team would have to put all of this for the other characters, except with lesser effect, seeing as a sword is much more versitle than a fist.

Best answers
well not really. mostly everyone else uses thier hands to swat them all away. trunks is the only one wit a sword so he cuts them in half. ive seen goku do it tho but he doesnt do it often most of the time he swats them away like everyone else.

Best answers
About the instant kill, it's a bad idea if that were implemented there will be a bunch of people that will take advantage of it like me. Maybe make it 30 damage or something. And if they're Health is high they wont be cut in half, and just like you say if they're Health is low they will be cut in half.

Best answers
yea thats wut i was tryna say if it was in people would pick trunks for the soul purpose of gettin insta kills wit that move. it would be too spammable.

thats y it should be done if someone has little health like 20% health and u hit them wit a combo and like raventrunks said the combo wouldnt stop it would keep goin like the frieza combo then it would say sword kill and their body parts would float in the air then then he'd do the flamethrower ki attack and fry wuts left of them.

the way raventrunks said it seems like the best way to put it in. the way i thought of it was u had to put in a combo sequence but make the combo 10 directions and in order for it to work youd have to get 5 of the 10 right to do it. this way makin it hard to pull off since almsot everyone knos how to dodge. thats the only way it would seem somewhat fair as a instant kill.

i still stick to raventrunks idea tho. the way i have it it would be damn near impossible to pull it off on a good player

Best answers
Isn't that combo kinda deadly and overpowered? Everyone will start picking trunks because of his special melee purpose.
Why not stick to my deflecting beams away with sword idea? =P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom