Adding new models

Best answers
HEY GUYS IM NEW TO THIS AND I WAS JUS WONDERING WHERE DO I SAVE THE MODEL FILES TO...SO THAT THEY COME UP IN THE GAME AND I CAN USE THEM....IVE TRYED SAVING THEM TO THE PLAYERS FILE BUT THEY STILL DONT SHOW....THANKS HEAPS IF ANY ONE WILL HELP :laff:

Best answers
Hey stop that ****in caps lock and start think self...Ok, you want to new goku model and you have goku.mdl so go to esf/models/player/goku and replace old goku.mdl.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey stop that ****in caps lock and start think self..
for someone with 12 posts you seem to think you run the place =D,

well..... you dont >_>.

now to answer the posters question without being a total assclown.

find your esf folder, should be in C:/program files/steam/email adress/half life/esf

find the models folder and look for the one of the character you want to replace

put the new model in there and rename it to match the existing one (or overwrite it),and voilla

ALOT of esf model downloads are already named properly right off the bat, so it isnt hard figuring out where they go.

Last edited:
Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im so glad joe made it so you can have optional models ingame... You can keep the old models and use new models in there place, YAY!!!!!

Let me go find that joe and have him teach you how. Within the models/players folder theres another folder called "custom" within this folder you create another folder called "goku" or "vegeta" or what ever player your trying to 'add-on' to. Here comes the tricky party, theres an XML that we need to create in order to get it ingame. Ill have joe take a look at this thread so he can help answer this question. I gave you guys the idea, but not a complete answer, I shall assist!

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i completely forgot about that DT, im still kinda in the oldschool mode XD.

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
erm custom-models have been rendered inert due to some changes in the code and we haven't fixed them up for the release, but they'll be back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom