Adding building breakables to esf 1.3 map

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Well, I just saw 1.3s esf_city and its awesome. I really think it should be with breakables though. Like you through someone to certain parts of a building and that part of it will explode\break. I saw this implanted in other custom maps for 1.2 called esf_moderncity although you could only break by beaming the building.

I really think theres should if someone gets a knockback to certain parts of the building it should break or something AND add damage maybe. Same to beaming a building. Why not implanting this?

ANBU
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
because of lagg/high fps on servers!

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually mostly all ESF city buildings are models and not actually mapped stuff ^^

ANBU
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Then the model of a building must have some animations for that breakable thingy?

ESF Head Team Mapper
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
Its only the Half-Life engine. As much as I'd want fully destructable terrain and objects, its just never gonna happen.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
But it can me implanted! Didn't you played esf_moderncity map?? Theres big parts of the building where they explode. BTW does source engine can fully ruin buildings, like not certain parts, every part, realistic, source can do that?

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Source is much more advanced, it has more options for breakable materials, but even if it had the capability to do what you want it to, ESF is not going to move to Source. Ever.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
No it can not.

Atleast not to the extent you described.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Source is much more advanced, it has more options for breakable materials, but even if it had the capability to do what you want it to, ESF is not going to move to Source. Ever.
why people all the time go to this stuff. I didn't ask for it to move to source lol, I was just asking.

Really source can't? but its so advanced, how can't it.

Ill get some pics maybe. post them soon

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Look not even Crysis has damage support like what you described. And right now its about the most advanced engine out there.

As for your city map. A couple of windows to blow up isnt really that much of breakable buildings as you are saying.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
But it can me implanted! Didn't you played esf_moderncity map?? Theres big parts of the building where they explode. BTW does source engine can fully ruin buildings, like not certain parts, every part, realistic, source can do that?
It can be implemented. Haven't you played... The Does after BTW isn't necessary. ]

Now that's off my chest, the HL engine just wouldn't be able to handle that kind of stuff. People have complained in the past about the trees killing their fps. Imagine what they would say about buildings.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Example pictures from esf_moderncity

before
after
before

after

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
LOL

Thats what you call destructable?

Thisone is a bit old and outdated (that reminds me i should make an updated video of this thing ^^) but this is what i call destruction -> [ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=ws53arK6j7w"]YouTube - destruction part 2[/ame]

Oh and it was this thread -> http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=63663

ANBU
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
that's nice destructible buildings! I suppose the models spawn themselves after some time...

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
that's nice destructible buildings! I suppose the models spawn themselves after some time...
Thats a little entity system i did long ago.

There is not a single model in there. Oh and i allready have an updated version on my new PC (waiting to get that new motherboard for it).

In any case. Its not actuall building destruction in a sense. Its more like magic. Only making it seem like that, while in reality its something totally different.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Still its a pretty good desturction but thats not gonna happen if someone throws someone as strong as dbz characters in a high speed on the top of the building, it will just ruin some part of the building and not the entire foundation 0f the building

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
You should knwo by now that if a player gets thrown into another player the second palyer recieves no damage. He is just sent back.

Besides i told you. That is fake destruction. It only seems like the building colapses while in reality it just moves out of view ^^

The thing is. When the building HP reaches 0 the building colapses.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
So after some time it can reappear?? (that's what i want to know).
Right now it cant. It goes away and doesnt come back ^^

But it wouldnt really be to hard to make it go back up. The thing is. It would go back up as slowly as it goes down. And just in the oposite direction.

That means the sidefalling building would simply sidefall back up into place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom