🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
- Sep 18, 2003
- Best answers
Just a quick suggestion thats probably been said before but I couldnt find with a quick search.
- After one fires a beam, the player can press RMB to detonate the beamhead, and LMB to let go of the attack.
- The beam leaves the players control and continues on its last trajectory until it hits something. The player cannot detonate the beamhead at this point.
- The beam would simply resemble a swatted beam.
- Useful in situations where detonation would be too risky, or to 'free ones hands'. Also gives players the option to launch a straight-firing ki wave.
- Perhaps a damage reduction since, taking the physics of a cartoon universe into consideration, there is no longer a flow of ki being pumped into the attack (hence why a beam is even present).
- There are far more scenarios in the anime where a ki wave is let go/carried on than where it is detonated.
- Debating whether this release manouver should be added during a powerstruggle. On one hand I think you should be forced to battle out a PS and see the victor, but on the other hand you should have the choice of technique and gamble. You could use it to delay your opponent, or to simply escape from the PS and try your luck at dodging the attack, or even a way to cancel out of a bugged out PS altogether. I would say press both LMB+RMB during a PS to let go of your beam.