Activating windows...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, As some of you know, I re-installed windows. But during installation it never asked me to put a CD key in. So when I finally get booted up, and it says 'You have 30 days to activate windows', and i clicked the bubble, and it showed me that I had to activate it. I of course, put in my CD key and it worked. NOW whenever I start up, it says (right about now) 'You have 13 days left to activate windows. Click this ballon to activate windows now'

When I click it, it brings up the same window, except it says 'Windows has already been activated, click OK to exit'.

My question is, should I just leave it, or do I have a chance of loosing all my stuff? D:

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Call Microsoft tech support instead of posting on these forums?

You have a chance of having a non-bootable operating system, you could always throw in another OS (like a knoppix disc) and have access to all your files, or put your hard drive in another PC and copy all the files off your drive.

Or reinstall Windows XP over it itself without formatting/partitioning.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I had the same problem, but when I updated it just went away o_O. So just try Windows Update.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
just got Service Pack 2, and once again, it restored the number of days left to 30.

I'm out of updates, what do I do now?

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Kurt said:
Call Microsoft tech support instead of posting on these forums?
I'm leaning towards this particular suggestion.

Chances of you finding out on these forums are rather low but ill leave it open in case someone knows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom