Account Hijacked >_<

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yep, it finally happened to good 'ol Spunky... Some stupid kids with nothing better to do hijacked my HL2 account (I have an account for HL1 and for HL2)... So now I have to submit a case to Valve and have them give my account back. I hope to god the moron that hijacked my account didn't use it for hacks or some crap, beause according to Valve, a VAC-banned account can never be returned, no matter what the circumstances. >_<

What's worse is I don't know the timeframe for the hijacking. I didn't use my account for like 5 weeks and then I suddenly come back and find that my password doesn't work (nor do any variations of my password that I may have used). And no, this isn't just a case of a forgotten password, because the email was changed as well (I never got the verification email when I tried to retrieve my account).

Discuss, and some advice on the situation would be nice.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok then how do you know that they are kids.
Because half the people who play HL2 are whiny 12-15 year olds with too much time on their hands. It's not THAT hard to brute force a Steam account.

The kid that stole my account was probably pissed at me for repeatedly raping him in a game we played or something.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So you're saying you know how to hack steam accounts? I don't really see it posible how by a 12-15 year old kid. You're so shure on yourself that it's a kid that you become suspicios. Thats why I said don't give your pass to anyone or put your pass when someone is right beside you.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Haha... I take it you don't know much of anything about cryptanalysis by that statement.

And yes, I probably could steal a Steam account if I really wanted to, but that's ****ed up.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So you're saying you know how to hack steam accounts? I don't really see it posible how by a 12-15 year old kid. You're so shure on yourself that it's a kid that you become suspicios. Thats why I said don't give your pass to anyone or put your pass when someone is right beside you.
Brute Force is a specific method for cracking passwords. To my understanding, it uses millions of different combinations of characters to figure out the password. Believe it or not, just because someone is 12-15 years old, doesn't mean they aren't capable of learning how to hack.

As for advice, one thing you could do is have your CD-Key deactivated from your account. However, it costs $10 and requires the receipt and a photocopy of the CD-Key.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I play Half-Life 2 on Xbox, which lowers some features from the PC version.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Everything should be fly if you got the CD key.

Perosnally, I think it's stupid how easy you can change an email address on Steam. Kind of defeats the purpose, incase you get hacked.

One of my accounts got hacked. :<

Though, I wish you luck.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh, anyone can hack if try a bit. Just type the word Hack in YouTube and U'll see what I mean

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Or maybe it was someone hacking you back, lawl. And you don't want to admit.:rolleyes:
Uhm, haha... >_>

I'm not sure that even deserves a response. Is there any specific reason you're blindly accusing me of something you have very little knowledge of (as you made very clear earlier in your post)?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Its suprising to see how you people get hacked... Heck, I've never been hijacked once, except 4 years ago because I was keylogged so that was expected.. But further than that, shez. I use 15 different passwords on every website / software I use.. And never been hacked ever again. What kind of password are you using...? A simple one?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nope, my password is pretty long. It would take about a week to brute force, if not longer. That's assuming the person had a decent processor.

Which takes me back to wondering who the hell would go to the trouble of stealing my account. o_O

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Or maybe it was someone hacking you back, lawl. And you don't want to admit.:rolleyes:
Anytime you feel to stop constantly trolling someone is a good time, quit trying to instigate something and get out of the thread if you're just going to egg someone on the entire time.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Anytime you feel to stop constantly trolling someone is a good time, quit trying to instigate something and get out of the thread if you're just going to egg someone on the entire time.
Well 1st I wanted to give him some advice then he implemented that I'm some kind of idiot, so I think you should read again, actualy I know that you should do that.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well using implemented instead of implied is a good reason to think your an idiot. Don't come back in this thread unless your post is going to be troll bait free.

It's "you're". Idiot.
~Magus
PS I love you cuc

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well using implemented instead of implied is a good reason to think your an idiot. Don't come back in this thread unless your post is going to be troll bait free.
Yeah, because everyone outside of America is as good in English as you Americans are. Please don't call someone an idiot just because he is not as fluent in English as you are(or should I take that back? Because it's 'you're an idiot'.)

Anyway, Best bet would be to contact Valve, show them your CD and CD-Key and you might get your account back. (Though I do not know if you will have to pay the 10 bucks or not)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom