about .ztmp files

Best answers
can anyone help me i'm new in this forum but can anyone tell me what are ztmp files and how to edit them ?? i found a long time ago a tutorial but i can't find it anymore. if anyone knows what are those files pls tell me.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
<table align="center" border="1" bordercolor="#0000cc" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td colspan="2" bgcolor="#ffcc00">Extension: ZTMP</td> <td width="35%">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2" bgcolor="#ffff91">Program and/or Extension Function </td> <td bgcolor="#ffff91">Company</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">Steam Zipped Half-Life Map/Mod File </td> <td>Valve Corporation </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="3" bgcolor="#ffff91">Specific Notes
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="3">When a Steam client downloads a resource from a Steam game server (like a .BSD map), the resource is first compressed to save bandwidth. An associated <resource>.ZTMP file is stored on the server so the resource won't need to be compressed again the next time a client requests it. If you change the resource you need to delete the associated .ZTMP file so that the next person who downloads is doesn't get the old copy instead of the changed resource file (Steam does not detect changed game resource files and recreate the .ZTMP file automatically.)</resource></td></tr></tbody></table>
Since when can you have tables in the forums?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the big problem was bad HTML code in sigs, not in the posts themselves.... I dunno. I thought all HTML code was disabled.

Best answers
well thanks for the explication u can close this thread now

offtopic:i can make my own threads right?(sorry i'm a newbie here:laff: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom