About the username

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well,I am not new here but just seldom post my opinion .:rolleyes:

And here are some questions below that confuse me for a long time .

So I asked Skyrider for his help but unfortunately he seemed to be too busy to answer.

Terefore,I post it here and hope someone could answer when you are free .:)

1. Why my username's color is orange ?

2. Why some members who are not Beta testers have bold blue username ?

3. How can I get a bigger avatar as I am not a Force pitter or something else ?

(Of course I saw someone had bigger one . )

4. What's the meaning of those color ?

5. What are the stars below username mean ?

6. Where can I find these information ?

7. Why Skyrider's color is blue as he is an Administrator ?

Sorry for so many questions and my poor English :(

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lets see,

1. Why my username's color is orange ?

A. Orange means that you have been verified as a Half-Life owner.

2. Why some members who are not Beta testers have bold blue username ?

A. Check Q4.

3. How can I get a bigger avatar as I am not a Force pitter or something else ?

A. The Avatar size depends on the avatar you are using. There aren't any size limits between FPers and normal users as far as I know.

4. What's the meaning of those color ?

A. These should be helpful.
[h=3]• Administrator• Super Moderators • Moderators • Beta Tester • Force Pitters[/h]5. What are the stars below username mean ?

A. They signify your activity on the forums. I think they increase by one star for every couple 100 posts that you make. Which is why members who are regularly active on these forums, such as Deathshot, Viper, hleV, Damaera, etc have many stars.

6. Where can I find these information ?

A. Right here. ;)

7. Why Skyrider's color is blue as he is an Administrator ?

A. He has multiple accounts with different user-groups. He does that to make sure forum features work for everyone. Basically test accounts.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Sorry that I didn't reply, I actually forgot to reply to you. As for why my color isn't red is because I enjoy switching around from time to time ^^. I can change it back at any time though.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
It's OK. Thank you for sparing a time to answer my question.:D

And I also want to know what's the green bar above the avatar.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Forum reputation.

Basically if someone finds your post helpfull, they can click on the "add reputation" button. (the star like icon below the avatar)

There they can can select to give you a good reputation (basically a thumbs up labeled as "i approve") or a bad reputation (a thumbs down labeled "i disapprove") and leave a comment about why they did so.

Every user starts with a positive reputation. But if they get in to the negatives the colour turns from green to red. The number of green/red rectangles represents a higher/lower reputation.

You can (or could in the past not sure if that is still the case) disable the reputation system for your account in your account settings.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Thanks for answering the question.:)

But do the stars really go as Z power said ?

Take him for example. His posts were 1906 but only increased 4 stars. Could anyone explain this ?:rolleyes:

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Stars indicate activity on the forums post wise.. The more posts you have on the forums, the more stars you get. You need to hit a specific post count though to get a star.. The second star is given out when you get 100 posts.

Last edited:
Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Forum reputation.

Basically if someone finds your post helpfull, they can click on the "add reputation" button. (the star like icon below the avatar)

There they can can select to give you a good reputation (basically a thumbs up labeled as "i approve") or a bad reputation (a thumbs down labeled "i disapprove") and leave a comment about why they did so.

Every user starts with a positive reputation. But if they get in to the negatives the colour turns from green to red. The number of green/red rectangles represents a higher/lower reputation.

You can (or could in the past not sure if that is still the case) disable the reputation system for your account in your account settings.
Not many people use the reputation feature though so most people with more than 1 dot have had it edited by an admin

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Thnx for this explanation , i was curious about it to.

Can this thread be sticky ?? Maybe helpfull for many others and or new comers.

Grtz

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Stars indicate activity on the forums post wise.. The more posts you have on the forums, the more stars you get. You need to hit a specific post count though to get a star.. The second star is given out when you get 100 posts.
I think the informaton about the stars and the others should be easily visible.Therefore,people will not ask over and over again.

Maybe the information like "specific post count" should be put somewhere that easily be found.:smile:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom