About steam

Discord Member
Best answers
Well here is the thing...............till now i played ESF without a original Counterstrike (im ashamed of myself:( )............but now i got myself an original cdkey..........the thing is i registered it under steam but i have to download it............is there a way of installing it without me having to download it off the net( i have a trafic limit)

Best answers
No.
There is no other way.
Or u could have a friend download all the files and paste it here with the entire steam folder of his... all u have to do then is log in with ur id again. ur registry is fixed too... ^^

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You only need half-life , download hl run once then intal ESF , hl you can download it form steam, you go download go out side or do someting else

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Here's a link to the Half-Life cache version of Steam: http://www.fileplanet.com/130418/130000/fileinfo/Steam-Installer---Half-Life-[Win32]

This version of Steam is outdated, so you'll have to let it update. The difference between this version and the regular Steam version is this already has the cache files for Half-Life, so you'll only need a valid CD-key and all you need to do is wait for Steam to update Half-Life.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But he has a traffic limit, so he can't download the game of the internet. So basicly, if you don't want to download, you will either need to find a friend with Half Life and just copy and paste his game, or buy the Half Life 1 CD and install the game so you don't have to download it.

Discord Member
Best answers
My friend has Half life 1............i got my cd key from him (he has a modem so doesnt play online)..........so all i have to do is instal it and steam should detect it...................right???

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If your friend already registered Half-Life through Steam then you won't be able to do the same. If you have Steam, all you need to do is input the CD-key and Steam will automatically download Half-Life from the server. If you use the Half-Life cache version of Steam, then after you input the CD-key, Steam will just verify the cache files and unpack then. Once that's done Steam will then update Half-Life to the latest version.

Discord Member
Best answers
My friend hasnt registered on steam........................i did :) with his permission
And i have download trafic ill just borrow half life from him...........problem solved :laff:

Discord Member
Best answers
Oki i finaly got me a half life 1 original cd with key:] :) .............what do i do now,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,explain me in steps:confused:
sorry for the double post

Discord Member
Best answers
as i said i have trafic limit.............i have a half life 1 cd but where do i have to install it or atleast tell me where do i have to coppy the files.............:(

Discord Member
Best answers
How do u think i registered steam.............After entering my cd key i have to download the game...............what i did was, i instaled the game under steamapps/vegoku/Half-Life and it realy shows there but I cant run the game...........is there anything more i have to copy??? cache files anything plz

Discord Member
Best answers
did more than once................under steam it says half life us a third party mod

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Discord Member
Best answers
the problem is i have half life under steam............but it says its a third party mod and i cant run it.............And there is still the half life icon under not installed
Hope this will make things clearer

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
What happens if you double click on Half-Life? (Not the third party one). The Half-Life file you downloaded should be in steam/steamapps/ folder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom