About steam..

Best answers
Hi.. I noticed the sexy new 24bit steam style maps.. does this mean you have to have steam in order to play the new ESF 1.2???????????

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
youll still be able to play on won .. personally, id like to see everyone play on stea,

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
personaly i think everyone will anyway seeing as theres prob things that dont work right in the won version

Busy Busy Busy
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shh, your ruining our plot to get everyone to convert to steam ;)

Best answers
You won't even need a plot Masta, it's gonna be required when the plug on WON will be pulled out. So yeah, Steam's mandatory once WON goes down.

And on the topic of textures....are the any detailtexture support?

It's a nifty new feature for HL in Steam that creates fake bumpmaps with a greyscale texture overlays. I'm pretty sure I remember Hostile Intent doing this and it did VERY well....

Here's a link, just scroll down to the March 7 news post, and drool at the screenshots....

BUT a warning.....
Detail textures do NOT work on cards below the GF4Ti or GF3Ti. This includes trhe GeForce MX series (including GF4 MX440) I'm not sure which Radeon cards don't work, but I presume the ones below a 9600 Pro won't work.

EDIT : What good is it making a post without a link when you say there's a link?
http://www.planethalflife.com/hostileintent/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think PcJoe said that they are using their own "homemade" advanced texture system. It works on Steam and WON. And you advertised :eek:

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
RaVe said:
BUT a warning.....
Detail textures do NOT work on cards below the GF4Ti or GF3Ti. This includes trhe GeForce MX series (including GF4 MX440) I'm not sure which Radeon cards don't work, but I presume the ones below a 9600 Pro won't work.
im running on a gf4mx440 and it does work. we're not using this layered detailtextures like shown on verc... :p youll see it when its done ^^

Best answers
you can play on WON, but it's about time that the community started moving to steam, as ValvE is intending to shut down WON within a couple of months

Best answers
dam it.. that sux cuz I have a problem with steam where after a while it just has constant problems starting up! GADAM! I hope 1.2 comes out soon so i can enjoy it for a month or so haha

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh, try steam out on a regular basis, they release patches quite often. We wont be offering ANY support to the won version. That means if a feature doesnt work correctly on it, we dont care :)

Best answers
lol bahahaha well i got steam and stuff and my pc = owns all so i dont give a **** 2
L-:)

Best answers
:O Must be a new patch....I'll try testing it out a bit later (detail textures)

I'm running on the same card yet it doesn't work.....should really try running it again....will edit post for results.

EDIT : I still don't have it....must be the drivers or something I missed....

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
wat about 1.3 will that require steam to play on? personally i dnt like steam i prefer the good old fashiond WON but yer i will change if push comes to shove and 1.3 isnt WON capable

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
erm, what do you think, pcjoe stated that they wont support 1.2 on won, why should 1.3 be supported ?
no it wont be supported in 1.3, if it works then youre lucky, but if it dont, dl steam @ www.steampowered.com

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
well ah i read tht 1.2 does support WON so ah yer erm urself

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
jeah maybe my comment was a bit harsch, but pcjoe said a few post above yours that they wont support it, you´d guess that he would know o_o

Best answers
i really wish that the ESF community would move to steam. Right now there are 6 to 7 servers on. All with either terrible ping or overseas locations. The servers that do have good ping get filled up with noobs faster than george bush can say "bomb iraq". I want servers where i can play without getting doublteamed, or beamed by guys who keep calling me a jerk for beating them.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sunslayer said:
i really wish that the ESF community would move to steam. Right now there are 6 to 7 servers on. All with either terrible ping or overseas locations. The servers that do have good ping get filled up with noobs faster than george bush can say "bomb iraq". I want servers where i can play without getting doublteamed, or beamed by guys who keep calling me a jerk for beating them.
just wait for 1.2 to releash
servers will pop-up everywhere

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My server has been going all over the place with ping ever since I moved to Steam. I am going to get a better box for it though. So, hopefully, it will be much better.

I just hope the WON community wont be a ass and be stubborn and not go to steam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom