About Force Pit

Best answers
I understand that if we want to know exactly what ESF is doing under development, the best place to know is the Force Pit. But why does it have to be hidden from the other members who didn't win the forum competition or didn't even participate in it? There are rarely any forum competitions and that is like 1 member out of 15,000 members. I know that the ESF team is working hard on 1.3 but it has been one month and I haven't seen any,

- Unreleased screenshots of new maps
- Unreleased screenshots of new models/skins
- Unreleased screenshots and a video of the new FX script system ingame
- A video showing some taunt animations

on the homepage. If the esf team has the time to put up videos, screenshots on the Force Pit, why not at least release some information to the community too by posting some of them on the homepage.

I didn't create this thread to flame or be offensive, BUT, I just want to know what are your views. Those people who did participate on the forum competition and didn't win or people who don't even bother to participate because they knew the chances was slim.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Stuff that goes in the force-pit does become available to the community. Force-pitters just get it first.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, previously, you were able to gain entrance to the Force Pit by donating a small amount ($5) to help upkeep ESF's resources (public servers, forum license, etc.). I think donation is still an acceptible way to enter the Force Pit (grOOvy, the PR officer, will be sure to tell you if that's still acceptible). Also, content often does reach the main page when there is something new to post, even if that content has been in the Force Pit. The non-pitters get to see a fair bit, too. Also, it's not quite summer break for many people on the team, exams are the main focus right now - be patient, new content will hit the main page, too. You aren't being arbitrarily left out, but it would be unfair to not recognize the contributions that the Force Pit folks have made. I think you're just jumping the gun a bit because progress on ESF's development is being held back by exams, at the moment. Give the team a bit longer, and you will get content on the main page.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dracoheart said:
I understand that if we want to know exactly what ESF is doing under development, the best place to know is the Force Pit. But why does it have to be hidden from the other members who didn't win the forum competition or didn't even participate in it? There are rarely any forum competitions and that is like 1 member out of 15,000 members. I know that the ESF team is working hard on 1.3 but it has been one month and I haven't seen any,
You know instead of spending x amount of hours making a Flash Presentation or Photoshop Banner, you can pay $5 to get access? That's what I did and it worked for me.

So my view is: Pay the $5. You can find the appropriate form in the User CP near the bottom.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So if I paid the esf team 300 bucks.... i would get to view the force pit for just a little bit? Why not longer then that? Cause I do have 300 bucks....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
$5 = 10 Years. You could've found that out if you checked out the bottom of the User CP yourself.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah if the team gave the same stuff that force pit had, then that would make the force pit kinda pointless wouldn't it?

As for me, being cheap with some things..I'd rather grab a couple of screenshots and sounds, put them together in a flash movie to show off for free, instead of paying 5 bucks. But I suppose paying would be faster...

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's only $5, not that big of a deal. If you want access to some screenshots and videos, pay, if not, don't complain.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
not to mention on the beta 1.2 release the people with force pit access got the beta earlier :O

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LOL id already be in there but i cant make a paypall account (no exeptable cards :()

Cool 1500 posts XD

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeh the same goes for me too , i would love to give 5 $, but not when i have to register somewhere else, and have to make something with an Money account.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My problem is that paypall dosent suport aney of the credit cards i have or can get

Best answers
Too bad no paying by cash. I will just go and have a Big Mac instead.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As the forum administrator, I can garauntee you that the force pit is still open to those who donate to our cause.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i have debit.. can i donate that way? >_< or do u have to have a paypal account?? i donated to this guy who was helpin me out through pay pal even thoe i didnt have an account.. it was like a one time thing

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, you can still pay to get into the Force Pit. If you wish to do so, please visit this link. All payments are made using PayPal. ESF is and always will be a free modification and this is entirely voluntary; and the subscription is a (keyword) donation, not a fee.

Also, one correction to someone's post above - not only do the force pit members get media and content BEFORE everyone else, they also get a lot of exclusive content which the general public never sees as a 'thank you' for donating to our servers. And as also already mentioned, the force pit will get beta 1.3 before everyone else as well. :)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You guys should make it so people who don't have credit cards (i.e. me) and people who don't have acceptable cards could just mail you guys money or somehting like that. I would love to donate to you guys.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
grOOvy said:
the force pit will get beta 1.3 before everyone else as well. :)

Did not know that.

Hell Yeah :yes:

As for a non paypal way of donating...Perhaps a money order?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom